Bryce Harper's "mohawk"

(By Greg Fiume - Getty)

"Bryce Harper is wearing a Mohawk," Nationals.com's Bill Ladson wrote on Twitter during Harper's batting practice display on Thursday. "It reminds me of John Riggins, when he was with the Jets."

Not sure I'd go that far. But his hair is definitely sculpted.

(106.7 The Fan's Holden Kushner also passed along this nugget on Twitter:

Harper's dad tells me Bryce ran up steps of the Capitol with his shirt off today and wondered why people were staring at him

Clearly it was the hair.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 26, 2010; 4:54 PM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins will wear burgundy jerseys at home in 2010
Next: Redskins selling standing-room seats for Dallas game

Comments

Looks more like an extreme version of Storen's 'do than a mohawk to me.

It's amazing how many people today misuse "mohawk" and "mullet" to describe haircuts that aren't even close to that.

Posted by: FeelWood | August 26, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse

What I read today is that highly respected baseball guru, Jim Callis, "thinks Bryce Harper is a very brilliant talent who will be challenged with the adversity of failure he hasn't seen before. Basically he says Harper is a media nightmare because of his attitude and that throws up a red flag. Otherwise he sees him a potential superstar."

Uh-h Natinal fans. New #1 pick is already showing "red flags." Uh-oh.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 26, 2010 5:21 PM | Report abuse

And that's really more of a faux-hawk and from what I've observed in my days, only d0uchebaggy-frat-guys (or wannabe's) wear faux-hawks.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 26, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Looks like Syndrome (eye black and all) from the Incredibles.

Posted by: Matt252 | August 26, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

I don't care if he wears his underwear on his head. PUT HIM IN TONIGHT!!!

Posted by: capsnnats | August 26, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

He's hot

Posted by: NoVAredsox | August 26, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

I actually thought he looked more like the guy who starts the 'Lord of the Rings' argument at Mooby's in Clerks 2

Posted by: JohnnyBlades | August 26, 2010 8:02 PM | Report abuse

he seems pretty cool, yeah not so much

Posted by: rc2223 | August 26, 2010 8:20 PM | Report abuse

you saw clerks 2. I'm so sorry.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 26, 2010 8:46 PM | Report abuse

Poopy, I agree with your assessment... kind of a half-assed attempt at a fauxhawk/Hoxton fin sort of thing. Missed opportunity, as far as I'm concerned. You're Bryce Harper making your debut in DC (sort of), friggin' go all in!!

Posted by: NateinthePDX | August 26, 2010 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Agent Nil is excited that someone has the potential to overtake him as most disliked DC athlete.

Posted by: rdpinva | August 27, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

I want to like him, but I bet he wears Ed Hardy t-shirts.

Posted by: GeorgeTowner2 | August 27, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

I dunno...more like Mike Green?

Posted by: didnik | August 27, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

Quote of the Day: "I want to like him, but I bet he wears Ed Hardy t-shirts."

I seriously just LOL'd at that so loud that my secretary came down to my office to see what was so funny. My guess is either Ed Hardy or TAPOUT.

Posted by: RCBJr | August 27, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse