Calling all D.C. sports fans

In September, The Post will introduce a new reader-driven blog for fans, by fans, focused solely on Washington sports. We're looking for the best, most diehard D.C. sports fans to weigh in on whatever's happening in the world of the Redskins, Capitals, Wizards, Nationals, D.C. United and the Terps. While we'll ask all bloggers to occasionally weigh in on all of Washington's teams, we're hopeful that bloggers will identify with a specific team and regularly chime in on their favorite squad.

We're not just looking for regular fans, we're looking for fans who live and breathe Washington sports, who are always scrambling for more information on how offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan adjusted his formations between his first and second season in Houston, who are scouring for comparisons to JaVale McGee at his point of NBA development and who get queasy every time they look up how many innings Jim Riggleman let Kerry Wood pitch in each of his rookie starts with the Cubs.

Although the blog will not launch until September, you can get started right away by filling out this form.

By Mitch Rubin  |  August 19, 2010; 6:30 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jim Bowden on the Lerners, Dmitri Young and D.C.
Next: Redskins offer single-game Dallas tickets to season-ticket holders

Comments

No Hoyas, huh?

Posted by: nicksixers- | August 19, 2010 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Bang!

Posted by: Barno1 | August 19, 2010 9:28 PM | Report abuse

This is lame. Really lame.

Posted by: JDP_ | August 19, 2010 9:50 PM | Report abuse

It's always a good post when Mitch weighs in on the Bog.

Posted by: WorstSeat | August 19, 2010 11:50 PM | Report abuse

I just want my Sports Bog Tuesday chat back.

Posted by: metatext | August 20, 2010 4:45 AM | Report abuse

Wouldn't the people who "live and breathe Washington sports" and have the ability to write a complete sentence have started their own blogs by now?

An although the Post surely will not be paying a salary to the unwashed masses yearning to write for free like they pay Steinberg and the other well-scrubbed ones, will WaPo at least share some of the banner add revenue that can be linked to submitted posts?

I guess if you can't beat free, you join it. Why not call these iReports, and start some sort of room where you survey the situation related to the new audio and video coming in RIGHT NOW!

Or just create a subreddit for Washington sports, and link to it. Can't do that, because the paper needs to retain editorial control of the free content it's getting and monetizing. Which is the problem. Why write for free and have to deal with a curmudgeonly editor?

Posted by: buckwheaton1 | August 20, 2010 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Thinking about applying for this, but I have a couple questions. Will saying I have a degree from Kaplan make me look more or less qualified? How about if I say I once had a high school teacher just like Gabe Kaplan on Welcome Back Kotter? Because after all schtick much worse than this made Kornheiser a star at the Post.

Posted by: FeelWood | August 20, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse

Ah, I see CheeseBoy has already repurposed my comment on his Twitter feed. How long now until it gets further excerpted, even more unattributed and lands on my driveway in the fishwrap edition? Hard to say, since my carrier's delivery average is below the Mendoza line - albeit better than Justin Maxwell's. (And for those who are wondering why I would pay for such lousy delivery, rest easy. My worthless carrier gets paid no more than you suckers will for blogging under the heavy editorial hand of the Post.)

Posted by: FeelWood | August 20, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

FeelWood, the Kaplan degree will almost guarantee you the job, as Kaplan is the only profitable part of the Washington Post company. If they've profited off you before, they can do it again!

Posted by: buckwheaton1 | August 20, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Also, Dan, congrats to WaPo on getting so many applications for this. Still a dumb idea, but contrats nonetheless.

Posted by: buckwheaton1 | August 20, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse