DeAngelo Hall asks reporter to remove her heels

Which, math-wise, doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

"Did you actually get Kelli Johnson to take her heels off for that interview?" Chick Hernandez asked Hall during Comcast SportsNet's post-game show.

"I did I did," he admitted. "She was too tall. If I was 6 feet like [Carlos Rogers], I wouldn't have to do that, but I'm 5-11, so she definitely had to take them heels off for me."

"He demands I do this every time," Johnson pointed out.

"She ain't about to make me look bad," Hall said.

And thus, here are feet. From left: Johnson, Hall, Rogers. Gotta love the preseason.

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 30, 2010; 11:38 AM ET
Categories:  Media , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Larry Johnson's dunk
Next: The Verizon Center's new banner

Comments

Grossman is such a donk!

Posted by: WaPoLiveFan16 | August 30, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Now if he could just talk opposing receivers into taking their spikes off, they'd stop making him look bad on the field.

Posted by: HowdyDCU | August 30, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Isn't Chick Hernandez vertically challenged as well?

Posted by: LouLewis | August 30, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

let's solve this once and for all...Chick, YOU wear the high heels!

Posted by: 1of9000 | August 30, 2010 12:34 PM | Report abuse

@LouLewis. Yes, Chick Hernandez quite short. About 5'-6" or 7"

Posted by: MillBurray | August 30, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

Kelli Johnson is smoking hot. I just need that stated for the record.

Posted by: RCBJr | August 30, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse

Kelli Johnson is smoking hot. I just need that stated for the record.

Posted by: RCBJr | August 30, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

I'm surprised Sexy Rexy doesn't have his collar popped. I mean, look at him, he's got that uber-preppy meathead look to him. I bet he drives a Z3.

Posted by: RCBJr | August 30, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

I see now that every station across the US is going with the nice hot white chic to do sports reporting(even if they don't know a thing about sports). Can we please get some guys who actually know what they are talking about when they ask a guy sports related question? And I'm not gay, just would like to see the men who actually played the sport to do the interviews.

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | August 30, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

2 things:

1- This is just further prove of what a sissy D'Angelo Hall is. The guy has already proven without a doubt he is afraid of contact and thinks the game of football is 2-hand touch. Now this. Wow, just wow.

2- The above poster, PublicEnemy1, is a buffoon. Kelly Johnson is as good as any beat reporter in any sport regardless of sex. The fact that you think she doesn't "know what (she) is talking about when (she) asks a guy (sic) sports related question" tells me she knows a lot more about football--and specifically the Redskins--than you do. Also, what does her skin color or any reporter's race have to do with anything? You are a complete and utter moron.

That is all.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 30, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Mr. Hall apparently has some insecurity issues.

Posted by: stwasm | August 30, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | August 30, 2010 1:18 PM |
_____

Ha ha. You mean articulate guys like Rick "Doc" Walker?

Posted by: upperdeck4 | August 30, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

is the video on their site yet? I can't find it.

Posted by: Bagher | August 30, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

If Hall was smart he would've asked Kelli Johnson to take off more than just her shoes.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 30, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

"Here's Kelli Johnson interviewing Rex Grossman on Friday night. The quarterback is listed at 6-1. As you can see, Johnson appears to be just a tad shorter than him.

"And here's Kelli Johnson interviewing DeAngelo Hall on Friday night. The cornerback is listed at 5-10. As you can see, Johnson appears to be just a tad shorter than him."

Where are Grossman and Hall in those photos? I see a blond woman. :-)

Posted by: 1995hoo | August 30, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Kelli should not have taken off her shoes. If she is taller than Hall, so be it. As was mentioned earlier, I guess he is insecure being under 6 feet in height.

Posted by: bbmcoachk | August 30, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: moseley_brian | August 30, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

I am thrilled to see Barno back with a vengeance on the boards. Seriously.

Posted by: jpfterps | August 30, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

"Kelli might like being cool with alot of the players but from a professional standpoint she should have told that Punk Deangelo to stick it the first time he asked her to do that. It shouldn't be her problem that an insecure player can't deal with her being taller than him."

-----------------------------------

I'd like "Burning Bridges" for $1,000, Alex.

Posted by: ouvan59 | August 30, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Kelli Johnson is smoking hot. I agree totally.

Posted by: carlosz | August 30, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Mmmmmm, Kelly has some pretty feet. That's nice...and sexy!

Posted by: bmm3571 | August 30, 2010 5:18 PM | Report abuse

And when interviewing a bald athlete, she will have to shave her head. Absurd.

Posted by: cfow1 | August 30, 2010 5:57 PM | Report abuse

Kelli Johnson actually DID play the sport. She was a four year starter for the University of Idaho women's basketball team. That's more basketball than most average guys play.

Posted by: IndyAmby | August 30, 2010 6:08 PM | Report abuse

WoW! Now I've seen it all! I have an idea. Why don't someone toss Mr. Hall a phone book or two for him to stand on! Make sure it's the thick yellow books and not those thin red community books because you may need 5 or 6 of them! Don't take your shoes off because this dude has a complex or whatever b/c he is the one with an issue. Let him figure it out! As much as he mugs for the camera I'm sure he will figure it out!!

Posted by: Beltwayboy7 | August 30, 2010 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Would any of the guys here go into a bank, or a supermarket or a restaurant and demand the server remove an article of their wardrobe because you feel the person waiting on you is "too tall" and "making you look bad"? What Hall did is inexcusable. Kelli Johnson should have went straight to the Redskins head of PR and let them know about the situation. Hall should be fined by the NFL for being and image-conscious idiot.

Or the Redskins should issue a dress code policy for their locker rooms. Reporters have to wear flats and players have to cover their junk before doing interviews.

Thx,

Jay!

Posted by: jayrockers | August 30, 2010 6:28 PM | Report abuse

lol, the more and more i read about d hall, the more i despise him. kelli johnson, stand up for your rights woman, geez.

Posted by: BMACattack | August 30, 2010 8:57 PM | Report abuse

I'd like "Burning Bridges" for $1,000, Alex.

Posted by: ouvan59 | August 30, 2010 4:25 PM | Report abuse

What is telling an NFL player they can look up to you on stilts and like it?

Posted by: WorstSeat | August 31, 2010 8:07 AM | Report abuse

dhall should jus stand on his tip toes like he usually does when he wants to see something..

Posted by: cboyhater | September 1, 2010 1:31 AM | Report abuse