DeSean Jackson and his Nats hat

Amid all this talk of Nats and Phillies invasions, and John Wall being a Cowboys fan, here's a strike in the opposite direction. DeSean Jackson appeared on Shaq vs this week, an execrable program that I just had to suffer through online for your benefit. Jackson was involved in some sort of execrable relay with Chris Johnson, Shaq, Tyson Gay, and others.

For almost the entirety of his appearance, the Eagles receiver wore a Nats hat. He was the only hatted athlete. That Nats hat was evidently extremely important to his look. Take that, Philly. And please, never, ever watch Shaq vs.

(Thanks to whomever sent me the tip, whose name I lost.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 18, 2010; 11:46 AM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Skip Bayless does the John Wall Dance
Next: What are the best quotes in D.C. sports history?

Comments

"For almost the entirety of his appearance, the Phillies receiver wore a Nats hat."

I'm certain Dan meant to say "the Eagles receiver".

Posted by: RobertBise | August 18, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Phillies WR? Really? Proofread before you type an article. That just lost all credibility.

Posted by: lynn33 | August 18, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, sorry, going too quick there.

Though if I previously had credibility, and I lost it with a typo in an article about what hat DeSean Jackson wore in an episode of Shaq vs....well, credibility isn't all it's cracked up to be, maybe.

Posted by: DanSteinberg1 | August 18, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

W = West Coast

There's a reason Nat's hats are popular with populations that aren't seemingly passionate baseball fans.

Posted by: tgerbracht | August 18, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

I live in CA and I see Nationals hats all the time, probably about as much as Red Sox and Yankees hats.

Whatever they think the curly W means, it's good to see a D.C. team well represented.

Posted by: dmorgan6617 | August 18, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

dmorgan: Walgreens, maybe?

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 18, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: dpkennedy | August 18, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

"when are people going to stop assuming that just because somebody wears a hat of a team, they are automatically a fan of that team (or city, for that matter). half of the people you see on the street wearing any New Era hat are wearing them as a fashion accessory, not cuz they are reppin the team."

Who assumed such? I think 95% of us realize this

Posted by: JDB1 | August 18, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, I do not care why someone wears a Nats cap and makes it visible to all, even on an execrable show such as Shaq vs.

As for Dan's credibility, I say that it is unassailable. This bog is pure entertainment, and I am glad to have someone err on the side of baseball over football.

+1/2St.

Posted by: kevincostello | August 18, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

"Who assumed such? I think 95% of us realize this"

If that were the case, this wouldn't be a story.

Posted by: dpkennedy | August 18, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse