LaRon Landry is enormous

(By Jonathan Newton - TWP)

By all means, read Jason Reid's column about LaRon Landry from Wednesday's paper. It's full of insight, both from Reid and from Landry.

But also, if you have a second or two, take a look at this image captured by The Post's Jonathan Newton on Saturday. That is a fairly solid-looking NFL safety.

A safety, I should add, who works out in polo shirts with free weights tied around his waist, does push-ups in his training camp dorm room to slow jams, learns celebrations from Southeast barbershops, and walks around Redskins Park with a monkey on his neck. You know, normal stuff.

And as for the question of why Landry went down with that fake leg injury on Saturday, he answered it via Twitter:

helmet got messed up didn't wanna waste a time(heads up vet move by me) lol

Hey, if Landry tells me to lol, I'll lol my head off. Though I have to say I'm not sure exactly what to make of his outfit here.

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 24, 2010; 11:21 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: LaRon Landry's fake leg injury
Next: Everyone has an opinion on Haynesworth

Comments

Laron, a little tip, don't announce to the world that you faked an injury so you wouldn't burn a timeout. That's how players get fined.

Otherwise, brilliant move.

Posted by: psps23 | August 25, 2010 12:45 AM | Report abuse

I agree with the distinguished gentleman from 23. LaRon, don't get me wrong. I am a hater. But I think I speak for all the haters when I say, we don't want you to fail.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 25, 2010 8:13 AM | Report abuse

Can this superfluous stuff about Landry. How ironic it is to have a shirt with "leadership" on a player who probably leads the team in taunting penalties. Just make plays and above all, don't taunt when you do.

Posted by: getitritegov | August 25, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

Love the No Pain and No Gain tattoos. The shirt looks almost like a bib. Glad he plays for my team.

Posted by: chitownskinsfan | August 25, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

i like the "no pain" and "no gain" tatoos on the left and right mountains he calls his neck. you can't even really call it a neck. it's like his shoulders got so big they sprouted children. now i'm trying to figure out if it is Steinberg or me who has a bigger crush on Landry.

Posted by: goose33 | August 25, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

I think the cheerleaders should wear that top for one of the home games.

Posted by: Section104 | August 25, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

I think the cheerleaders should wear that top for one of the home games.

Posted by: Section104 | August 25, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse
-----------------

Beep to the &)!!(%%$&*^% Beep.

Posted by: walkdwalk | August 25, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

The man eats lightning and craps thunder...!

Posted by: yampaco | August 25, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Lots of NFL players look impressive in the weight room. He still has a loooooong way to go to prove he wasnt a wasted draft pick. Anyone would've looked good playing next to Taylor..

Posted by: semilost44 | August 25, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

He'll have job offers from TNA and WWE rolling in after this pix makes the rounds.

Maybe a Cyborg movie role?

As long as he cleans clocks, cool..

But if he turns out to be another Marvcus Patton, then the muscles don't much matter. Marvcus was a top 10 all NFL best body list dude but had an average PLAYING career.

Posted by: kahlua87 | August 25, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Juice much?

Posted by: DCV1 | August 25, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

tatoos "no pain" "no gain" on the traps are probably one of the most stupidest tatoos i've ever seen my entire life.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | August 25, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

The only people who can pull off wearing that atrocity he calls a shirt is LaRon. I would be instantly brutalized if I went out in public wearing that thing. If I looked like him, I'd probably be left alone.

Posted by: DrBeaker | August 25, 2010 9:01 PM | Report abuse