LaVar Arrington joins Washington Post

LaVar Arrington is taking his talents to The Washington Post, where he'll write a blog and be my co-worker, I guess.

On Mike Wise's 106.7 The Fan radio show Monday afternoon, Arrington said that he was being courted by both The Post and TBD, and that The Post's efforts included phone calls from both Don Graham and Michael Wilbon. He compared his decision to the moment when he sat in the green room at the NFL draft, waiting to be selected, and said he had been mulling his decision for a couple weeks.

This whole thing was supposed to be a LeBron send-up, especially this part:

"My talents and my ability, I think they would best be served at the Washington Post," Arrington told Wise. "I do think that they do have the dream team with yourself, Steinberg (ha!) and Mike Wilbon, so I kind of feel like LeBron in the sense that I probably couldn't win any type of writing championship by myself. So I figured I'd join a group of guys as distinguished and well-respected as you guys are."

Amazing. Welcome to LaVar's blogs -- which he hopes to call Hard Hits -- and also to Cindy Boren's The Early Lead, for that matter.

From the press release, which somehow landed on Riggo's Rag first:

The Washington Post will add former Washington Redskins All-Pro linebacker LaVar Arrington to the ranks of its sports commentators later this month. Arrington will write a blog on sports topics that will be featured on washingtonpost.com. He also will be a regular contributor to sports video commentary on the site and be a panelist on the Post's weekly Redskins webcast.

"I love the people of Washington, D.C., and now, teaming up with the Washington Post, I will have the largest platform I have ever had in staying connected with the true sports fans in the Washington area," Arrington said. "Being part of the Washington Post is almost as exciting as it was when I joined the Washington Redskins. I'm poised to give new and interesting perspectives on D.C. sports."

And I'm poised to fight him for Web clicks, I suppose.

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 2, 2010; 1:19 PM ET
Categories:  Media , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mark Schlereth rips Haynesworth's heart
Next: Colt Brennan on the Cult, one last time

Comments

Dan - it's a big move, but I only smell upside for you (which is technically odorless, but you know what I mean).

LaVar's on your turf now - he's the Dez Bryant to your Roy Williams! Time to insist on the following:

* Series of Web videos where you challenge LaVar in the WaPo shuttle drill: 300 words in 70 seconds or less.

* A Siskel/Ebert-style breakdown of the latest Eastern Motors commercial.

* LaVar has to start reading your copy on his radio show.

Posted by: DD80 | August 2, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

LaVar is becoming a one-man media conglomerate... what with ongoing interests in radio and TV and now newspaper columns and webcasts. Should be interesting, but hopefully not too redundant.

Now if we could just get an FM radio station in town to cover the Redskin games... since the current AM band doesn't even reach to the city limits.

Posted by: Vic1 | August 2, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Wonder if he reads the contract this time...

Posted by: Stu27 | August 2, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

So, if it is true that, "at Eastern Motors, you're job is your credit," how much is this gig work? A Yugo??????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Yeagh!

Posted by: bs2004 | August 2, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Couldn't you get Michael Arrington?

Posted by: dkbain1 | August 2, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

"Arrington" can only mean Michael Arrington.

Posted by: dkbain1 | August 2, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

"Arrington" can only mean Michael Arrington. You got my hopes up with the headline "Arrington Joins the Post" :(

Posted by: dkbain1 | August 2, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

LaVar = Very good player, a reporter (or whatever you're called these days, not so much.

Posted by: pjohn2 | August 2, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Guess LaVar needs the money!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Jimbo77 | August 2, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I guess the hotshots at the Post haven't listened to Lavar's radio show. Cuz it's no good.

Posted by: mike8 | August 2, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Well if he writes as bad as he speaks, I hope the post hired a few editors as well. Arrington is a clown, this will be short lived.

Posted by: Hondo5 | August 2, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

The Post must be cutting cost, it is obvious that they do not want to invest in real sports reporters so they have collected (are collecting) people from the streets to act as such. LaVar can barely put a sentence together, though bless his heart he does try. Last year the city had the best hockey team on the nation but the worst and laziest reporter covering them. Wise is reject from other newspapers with a brain as big a flea but not as smart. Wilbon can write but he is a joke and not a serious reporter - the Jesse Jackson of sports. The ladies do try, but can you really taken them seriously? Although there is one (I shall no name) that is very good. LMAO on the joke this paper is playing on its readers.

Posted by: hock1 | August 2, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Until the day LaVar Arrington renounces his paranoid-delusional hallucinating fantasy that Dan Snyder intentionally deceived him out of $6.5 million in a contract bonus, then it will simply be impossible to take anything he has to say about the Redskins whatsoever seriously.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 2, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

Expect more Redskin bashing from another ex-Redskin. It would be nice if the Post realized people like to read positive stories on their sports team. I loved watching Lavar & Riggins when they played but I can't listen to them because of their constant beat down of the Redskins. They just come across as bitter.

Posted by: dph60 | August 2, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

I don't think anyone takes anything Barno1 says whatsoever seriously.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | August 2, 2010 2:54 PM | Report abuse

"LaVar Arrington joins Washington Post"

Put an extra pot of coffee on for his copy editor.

Posted by: goose33 | August 2, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

how wonderful the Post can afford to pay such a talented writer with so much journalistic experience!

Posted by: Roxcy21 | August 2, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Does he need to pass some sort of Post Conditioning Test for bloggers before his first post?

Posted by: kolbkl | August 2, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Good for Lavar!

Shows he still has a big following in the area.

Although he hates the Skins, Lavar was always good the the fans around here.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | August 2, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

TEB is one of the best beat reporters out there, hock...

Posted by: jhorstma | August 2, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Tarik El-Bashir, one of the Post's best beat writers ever, is "reassigned" to cover NASCAR and MMA, while at the same time Lavar Arrington is brought in to do what, who knows. What's going on here?

Posted by: AnnandaleAnnie | August 2, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

What are the odds on LaVar closing his first 100 blog posts with, "DARE TO BE DIFFERENT. BECAUSE BEING THE SAME AS EVERYBODY ELSE IS BORING!!!!!!!!!"

Posted by: goose33 | August 2, 2010 2:59 PM | Report abuse

Tarik El Bashir was the latest in a line of great writers on the CAPS beat (Bob Fachet, and J La Canfora-sp? come to mind). He will be sorely missed. Take your racist-sexist views over to the Examiner Hock One where you will more appreciated!!

Sec 204 Row H Seat 7

Posted by: adhardwick | August 2, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

This is laughable. Lavar Arrington has to be one of the biggest gas bags out there. No value added comments on his radio show and just your typical athlete that's trying to come across as intelligent. And when is he ever going to go to diction lessons? Dreadful enunciation...absolutely dreadful.

Posted by: password11 | August 2, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

What a joke. I am surprised that Lavar can even write. The guy was a complete disappointment as an NFL player, but somehow he keeps managing to find a job somewhere despite such a disappointing career as a player.

I would rather see him join the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Posted by: DarkHelmet1983 | August 2, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

I wrote him off ever since he tried to disrespect Joe Gibbs. While he was a very good instict player, this pre-madonna could not be coached. One thing you NEVER do in Washington DC is say something negative about Joe Gibbs. I even have Lavar's jersey but he lost me when he began acting like a panzy. He pointed the finger everywhere else when he got hurt and was unproductive. Giants got a taste of him and it didn't take long for them to get rid of him.

Posted by: brwilson20 | August 2, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

I can't believe anyone expected more, if anyone did. The post used to be the penultimate in reporting whether sports or otherwise. They supported their local teams and personalities and though they have always been up for a bit of controversy, they never just let windbags spout stupidity.

This has changed in the last few years where they seem to just trot one bum after another out there to fail. At least go to the local colleges and have a contest or something to find someone who can write more than drivel. Not all are bad but enough to make you shake your head and then this. Arrington on staff. Well I guess this is what the blogesphere brings out. I for one will never complain about it, because I will never read it. Mike Wise and Wilbon aer also on that list. I like some of the contributing journalists that do not have regular columns, but that is about it. Among the others Steinberg is about the best. I didn't mind El Bashir but I guess he too has moved on. Just about anyone who has covered the skins the last several years has reeked. The Wizards and United not much better. I don't read about the Nats so I can't comment.

Unfortunately now thay are about the only game in town unless you change teams and get the Sun. I would have preferred Brian Mitchell who is also pretty sarcastic and nasty but at least gives credit when it is due and isn't just bitter over being an almost was, or could have been.

Posted by: dbrine1261 | August 2, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

BRWilson, I couldn't agree more. After calling Joe Gibbs a coward, well, LaVar was dead to me.

Posted by: katedog | August 2, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

Good move by the Post.

Posted by: staticvars | August 2, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

What, was Dexter unavailable?

Waste.

Posted by: tslats | August 2, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Does this mean Lavar will get a Press Pass and Entre to Fedex?

Posted by: chillwill1 | August 2, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

You are kidding me. How does the Post justify hiring someone who has difficulty speaking the language? I can just imagine what his writing will be like. The Post is going to have to hire a ghost writer which I suspect that they already have.

Posted by: MKadyman | August 2, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

This guy can barly speak the englis language. WAPO what are you thinking? He better have someone sitting right next to him while he is working because he is goona screw up a whole bunch of stuff. He's a lunkhead.

Posted by: efdelaney | August 2, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Is his Blog going to be linked to from the Sports Blog page? Will it replace the Olympic Blog? Seriously, will the Blog page be cleaned out and updated at the same time you are adding new blogs?

Posted by: Dougmacintyre | August 2, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

First off, Lavar is funny. So even if he barely can speak coherently it will probably be funny stuff to read. Unintentional humor, but humor none the less.

Now more importantly, what the heck is Cindy Boren doing getting a blog? To basically collect the best of Bog posts and then throw together a couple more links? Its a joke. And a terrible read. Blech. Just drivel. Pointless drivel.

Posted by: JDP_ | August 2, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Listening to LaVar is like being punished by writing the same sentence over a hundered times for the teacher. Maybe he won't do that on paper. I like listening to Brian Mitchel better. While the both provide gee whiz insights at times, Mitchel doesn't keep repeating himself.

Posted by: larryinmazar1 | August 2, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Lavar will offer more of an insiders perspective than the rest of the guys could ever really know. Just cause he uses Stree Lingo on the air doesn't mean he writes the same way. He can be very articulate when he wants it's just very convenient and comfortable to use terms of the street. No big deal, he knows more Sports than Tony K (but who doesn't).

Posted by: chillwill1 | August 2, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Vic1

Many stations to chose from - http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Radio_Broadcast_Network_1139.jsp.

Posted by: BigBubba1 | August 2, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

What a loser. Just more BS, NOT to take seriously.

Posted by: The_Funknician | August 2, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

LaVar is terrible on radio - no facts, no perspective, just chimes in while Dukes carries the show. I can only assume he's going to be even worse in a column, unless he let's Dukes write that too.

Posted by: Old_Mose | August 2, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

When Lavar Arrington joined the Redskins, he became a player and a Washingtonian. I saw in his face that he absolutely loved being here. Although he briefly played with another team, his heart was still with the Skins. He lived in Virginia and never lost touch. Some athletes do their time, then move on. Not Lavar. He loved this area on sight. I remember one camera shot of him at Fed-Ex field when he smiled and stuck out his tongue and laughed. That told me that Lavar was here for keeps. The Washington Post made an excellent move.

Posted by: skinfreak | August 2, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Last week, I tuned into LaVar's show just for kicks. He was screaming about "presidents." You know, instead of "precedents." I think that pretty much sums up what his column is going to be like.

Posted by: mikeleon87 | August 2, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

LaVar Arrington as a writer/radio guy may do better than Mike Wise. Now I stopped listening to LaVar's show. But that was more because I can't give a cr@p about the skins 365 days a year and a lack of talking on other teams.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 2, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

What happens when you combine a person with an oversized ego and a communications?

A bust.

One of the reasons he didn't stay with the Skins is that he didn't want to play within a system. How is he going to relate to players who do? Belittle them for doing so?

Posted by: ahashburn | August 2, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

This will cost the Post in the long run because they'll have to print his column in color to get the full effect of the crayons. Maybe when something truly newsworthy happens he'll use finger paints.

Posted by: ouvan59 | August 2, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Sports Bog?

A bog is either one of two things -

a bit of marshy ground..

or

a toilet.

A sports toilet is the more intriguing option.

Posted by: qprmeteor | August 2, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

WAPO and Walmart:

Always low quality.

Posted by: mdpilot | August 2, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

LaVar should stick to football and only football. Listening to him on the radio talk about anything else,he comes across as an idiot.

Posted by: GClausen | August 2, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

How can we take Lavar seriously in any gig? He had one too many hits in the head playing football. The guy 'aint right which means whoever hired Lavar must have dove into an empty swimming pool and cracked his skull. Get real Post, Jasus.

Posted by: getitritegov | August 2, 2010 5:05 PM | Report abuse

His first column should be about his attempt to pass the infamous Haynesworth conditioning test. If Mike Golic can do it, LaVar should be able to.

Posted by: Dan4 | August 2, 2010 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Who's gonna be his ghost writer? I've heard his radio show - judging from that, my best guess is that anything he writes himself will sound like a bad essay from someone in middle school.

Posted by: diesel4 | August 2, 2010 5:54 PM | Report abuse

Ugh. This guy is unbearable.

Posted by: JohninMpls | August 2, 2010 6:02 PM | Report abuse

I doubt LaVar can do the test anymore. I hear after that motor cycle wreck the guy needs to have a cane some days.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 2, 2010 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Don't be surprised if this thread gets plenty of hits. Love him or hate him, people are going to tune in to LaVar. When he first came on the Fan, LaVar was very open about mistakes he made in how he handled his contract with the Skins. How many people in their 20's have made decisions they later regretted? That LaVar blew in by not reading the contract because he trusted Snyder implicitly says a great deal about the character and world views of both LaVar and Snyder. What I've learned about him from listening to LaVar during his year at the Fan is that he is a down to earth guy from a small town who made the big time. His ability to draw huge guests from his Rolodex makes LaVar a valuable commodity to a News-Entertainment company like the Post. Anybody who calls LaVar an idiot has no idea what they're talking about. He hatched this plan of joining the media during his playing days. Plus, there's a reason why LaVar's Rolodex is so full of big names and he has the ear of a Ted Leonsis. He obviously understands how to build and maintain long-term relationships, and he understand the importance of surrounding himself with the most talented people. That's what smart people do. If he receives help in editing his stories, so do a lot of other people. And by the way, he's not a Skins basher. His critiques of the Skins have generally been dead on, and judging from the changes in how the organization has been run, Snyder has been listening to him.

Posted by: dannykurland1 | August 2, 2010 6:19 PM | Report abuse

Grats to Lavar and a good signing by the Post.

I think adding someone who's been there in the trenches with his personality will be great material.

Posted by: theAnswerIs42 | August 2, 2010 6:28 PM | Report abuse

I say "Way to go, LaVar". Always an upbeat guy and so knowledgeable...he will be an EXCELLENT addition to this newspaper. Congratulations...glad to see another DC institution is treating him better than the last one (Redskins) did!

Posted by: Googlepup | August 2, 2010 6:34 PM | Report abuse

This is LA we are talking about from PSU, not CP from the "U".

Just rememeber who put troy aikmen out of his misery.
Oh yeah, Gibbs 2.0 was a joke, if it wasn't for the skins defense, his return would've been the biggest blemish of his career.

Posted by: bhoang888 | August 2, 2010 6:36 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, theres no way he'll be worse than Sally Jenkins so whats the big deal?

Posted by: JDP_ | August 2, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

One more bog, blog, or column I won't be reading. Sooner or later the whole page will be full of them and there won't be any reason to come on here at all.

Except you guys of course.

Posted by: dbrine1261 | August 2, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

And Lavar is what the Post spends its money on when it's screaming poverty???

Posted by: jacobson98 | August 2, 2010 7:42 PM | Report abuse

The last couple of times I listened to Lavar on his radio show I was struck by just how inarticulate he is and how he lacks the ability to form cogent discussion points/arguments 95% of the time. His basic grammar/sentence structure is awful; he contradicts himself, and usually the longer he talks, the more nonsensical he becomes.

To top it off, today, I caught the part where he was talking about how "CONTRARY to a FEW people, athletes are really smart" (yeah, great example you just made).

Hope WaPo has great editors...

Posted by: nojunk4me | August 2, 2010 8:16 PM | Report abuse

Like him or not, he gives sincere, passionate opinions that are only biased by his love for the team & his hate of Dan Snyder. That sounds like something RI posters should long for! It looks like RI posters just like to hate for the sake of hating.

Posted by: wisdom80 | August 2, 2010 9:07 PM | Report abuse

Like him or not, Lavar gives sincere, passionate opinions that are only biased by his love for the team & his hate for Dan Snyder. You would think RI posters could appreciate that, but it looks like the internet will always be a place to vent about how crappy the whole world is. Larry King he's not, but that doesn't mean he's worthless. "If you have hate in your heart let it out!" ~ Clayton Bigsby

Posted by: wisdom80 | August 2, 2010 9:14 PM | Report abuse

Arrington sucks. He was overrated and under-acheived as a player. Continuing that culture at the Post is not helpful.

Posted by: rickahert | August 2, 2010 9:38 PM | Report abuse

Just what we need, the only thing better would be if Lavar wrote for the Dallas Morning News. Do you think the post can hire the Postons? Oh, that's right they can't be agents anymore because they are unethical thieves and the Great Lavar believed them. Poor Lavar was cheated out of $68M. Nothing Lavar says will be taken seriously because he is so mistreated. Maybe he can steal some skins tickets like the WP employees and sell them on eBay. The Post and Lavar deserve each other!

Posted by: jb3812121 | August 2, 2010 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Journalism continues to decline, even at one of the most respected news brands in the country. Nothing against LaVar or any other ex-jock, but let's face it, most aren't journalists, let alone articulate writers/speakers. The public might be entertained by their celebrity but that should not be a replacement for being a well informed, skillful communicator. Just listen to the radio show and one will realize we're not going to be reading many journalistic gems. And news organizations wonder why they are losing more and more credibility with the public? Their quick-fix solutions to declining circulation, poor ratings or a lack of online hits are short-sighted.

At the end of the day, I will always take substance over style, but I also know that the era of great writers like your own Thomas Boswell is ending.

As I said, nothing against LaVar. If someone is willing to pay him for his literary talents, so be it. I am far more disappointed in the Post for overlooking better writers and journalists, many whom need jobs in this bad economy, in favor of a local celebrity.

Posted by: Sterlres | August 2, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: jb3812121 | August 2, 2010 9:51 PM | Report abuse

Quite possibly the greatest post ever.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 2, 2010 11:17 PM | Report abuse

You must be signed in to washingtonpost.com to comment. Please sign in.
Comments:

characters remaining

Posted by: terryreece | August 3, 2010 12:53 AM | Report abuse

LaVar a writer? I dunno...as has been pointed out, he's certainly not great as a broadcaster. (As many ex-jocks tend not to be -- and I can't recall any of the breed getting a regular WAPO gig before either.) But as Mike Wise proves most days, being a good radio host and being a good sportswriter aren't necessarily the same skill, T.K. and a very few others notwithstanding, so maybe L.A. will surprise.

On the other hand, reaction to this Arrington news is entertaining enough in itself, for the number of posts above calling him out for his supposedly deficient language skills while being themselves riddled with unintentional misspellings and incorrect punctuation. You go guys!

Posted by: evanescent_panoply | August 3, 2010 4:38 AM | Report abuse

I'm sure Lavar is basically a good dude, but come on. He's a dope. Life is short, don't waste it listening to Lavar Arrington..

Posted by: wewintheylose | August 3, 2010 4:39 AM | Report abuse

This has to be a joke, right? WHY WHY WHY WHY do media outlets think that fans want to hear ex-players? There are probably 100,000 just normal Joes oout there in the DC metro area that are funny and actually know something about sports and would be more interesting than Lavar Arrington.

You have to be a complete simpleton to be entertained by Lavar Arrington.

Posted by: SadieV | August 3, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Once I couldn't even say the word journalist and now I are one.

Posted by: chopin224 | August 3, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

Sadie V is absolutely right and I am one of those she speaks of. And I never make mistrakes.

Posted by: chopin224 | August 3, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Hey he lost the BAR what else can he do?
Oh Sports radio.

Who are the nuts that listen to Sport radio?

I could get better info at the Barber Shop. lol

Now he's a writer too funny. lol

Posted by: shamken | August 3, 2010 10:48 AM | Report abuse

Doesn't joining a newspaper require one to be able to actually read in the first place?

LaVar is a world class doooosh bag and I can't believe he will even be able to fill up space with repetitive "knowimsayin's" and "you feelin' me's" and of course the "oh-no-he-di-ent's".

The guy is a belly-aching loser and I don't want to hear word one from him.

PS - Do they drug test newly-hired bloggers at the WaPo???

I know through personal friends that he's a major weed-head.

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 3, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

This is LA we are talking about from PSU, not CP from the "U".

Just rememeber who put troy aikmen out of his misery.

Posted by: bhoang888 | August 2, 2010 6:36 PM

BHOANG888, you're stuck on stupid. At that point in his career, I could have killed Aikman and really he was more hurt by banging the back of his head on the astroturf (which only covers concrete) than the actual hit by SubPar, er, I mean LaVar. Funny how that's the only way LA can get into a sentence with Troy Aikman.

Secondly, you blame Gibby for hurting LA's career? Are you on crack? Here this:

Marvin Lewis - commonly regarded as THE BEST D COORDINATOR ON EARTH the year the 'Skins hired him.

Then.....

Gregg Williams - commonly placed his defenses IN THE TOP 5 EVERY YEAR.

Ready?

NEITHER of them thought LaVar was worth a bucket of diarrhea.

Now, someone like you is telling us what's what with LaVar's ability to play in the NFL?

Really? I mean, seriously?

Posted by: No_Punt_Intended | August 3, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

Will someone in the editorial staff at the Wash Post be his Ghost Writer like Sarah Palin has on Twitter and her books?

If LaVar writes anything like he speaks, then Blogs will be RENAMED to avoid ALL resemblance.

Posted by: Bigrcube | August 3, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

congrats steiny. you arent the dumbest guy at the post anymore

Posted by: slim4 | August 3, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

Hope he's a better blogger than he was a motorcycle rider... perhaps we'll see that college-level English course pay off... NOT!!!

Sample Entry - I don't be seein why dat Shanahan be sweatin my cuzzo Albert, he need to back up off him fo he buss a cap up in his azz... real talk, yo...

Posted by: jpec398 | August 3, 2010 11:11 PM | Report abuse

If Arrington is as inarticulate in print as he is on radio, the Post has to hire a top-notch editor to review his blog. My friends and I are thinking about creating a drinking game based on each nonsensical phrase he utters. We love "I am in agreeance with you" and "He set a dangerous precidence." Classic!

Posted by: kathyz01 | August 5, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse