Lots of people at the Nats-Marlins game
This is what it looks like when the Marlins host a last-place team on the verge of September after a three hour rain delay. In other words: fun! Via Reader David.
In other Nats things I wanted to link to.
* TBD sports columnist David Aldridge has at the Nats:
I know Rizzo strongly believes in his plan to rebuild the organization from the top down, believes in his scouts, believes in the kids that are coming. But there's a gaping hole in that bridge to the young guns. Asking you to pay big league prices for sub-big league performance for a fourth straight season is unacceptable. The payroll is rising, slowly. But don't get it twisted. The Nats owe you, not the other way around.
* Ray Knight makes magic with his telestrator. (Nationals Enquirer)
* Amazing archived photos of Frank Robinson in honor of his 75th birthday. (Big League Stew)
* McKenna on Dibble: "For me, Dibble is (er, was?) one of the few reasons to tune into broadcasts of the milquetoasty, loserish team in the last two seasons. Everybody I know who doesn't type for a living and has an opinion of Rob Dibble is warm to his form. I'm warm to his form, too. I mean, he can throw a baseball 100 miles an hour! He likes pro wrestling and Pantera! What more could you want out of a color guy?" (Cheap Seats Daily)
* Shapiro on Dibble: "I knew Howard Cosell and Rob Dibble is certainly no Cosell, particularly on the intellect meter. But he has had a similar effect on many Nationals fans. Those who love him praise Dibble for his passion for the game and the team. Those who hate him wonder what sort of outrageous comment he might unload next. But they all tune in." (The Post)
Posted by: rc2223 | August 31, 2010 6:50 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: MarkinJC | September 1, 2010 4:58 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: Fitz157 | September 1, 2010 8:13 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: GeorgeTowner2 | September 1, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.