NFL players say Redskins have hottest cheerleaders

(2007 photo by Preston Keres - TWP)

I usually try to stay away from cheerleading coverage, but some stories are too newsworthy to ignore. This week's issue of ESPN The Magazine includes an "NFL Confidential" poll involving 65 NFL players, asked about a variety of on- and off-the-field issues. And in at least one category, the Redskins come in first: Hottest Cheerleaders!

Washington came in first with 17.6 percent of the vote, followed by the Dolphins (16.7) and Cowboys (14 percent). The Mag reported that most players didn't want to comment, but one veteran gave a choice quote.

"Everybody has really, really good things to say about the Redskins cheerleaders," he said. "Not that I ever look. I better leave it at that."

You'll recall that two years ago, Ben Roethlisberger said that the Redskins made their cheerleaders stretch in the visiting team's tunnel as a distraction, and that the commissioner banned "the practice some dubbed the Redskins Rule." Quite a body of work they're amassing.

The Skins feature two other times in the ESPN the Mag poll. Albert Haynesworth came in second in the "Most Overrated Player" category with 11.4 percent of the vote, behind only Terrell Owens (20.5). And Mike Shanahan tied for second in the "Last Coach You'd Want to Play For" category, behind the overwhelming winner, Eric Mangini.

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 26, 2010; 12:50 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Affordable Redskins season tickets available at StubHub
Next: Ray Knight on Strasburg and Dibble

Comments

From the upper deck, no way to really judge. They could all be Miss Iowas....

Posted by: dcborn61 | August 26, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

I have a friend who claims to have nailed one of the cheerleaders behind some bushes at Seacrets in Ocean City a few years back. Sadly for me, I wasn't there, so I cannot comment on the veracity of this story.

What I'm getting at here is, yes, the Redskins cheerleaders are smoking hawt.

Posted by: RCBJr | August 26, 2010 1:28 PM | Report abuse

thats why you bring the bino's :-) ... at least we're first at something

Posted by: destewar | August 26, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

Shocked Shanahan ranks low. God bless the redskinetts

Posted by: alex35332 | August 26, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

STAMPED and approved.......

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 26, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Must be because they're so well rested.

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 26, 2010 2:16 PM | Report abuse

Must be because they're so well rested.

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 26, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Must be because they're so well rested.

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 26, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Hope I got some RBI's with that triple.

Posted by: SMACK1 | August 26, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins made their cheerleaders stretch in the visiting team's tunnel?

Brilliant.

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | August 26, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

"You'll recall that two years ago, Ben Roethlisberger said that the Redskins made their cheerleaders stretch in the visiting team's tunnel as a distraction, and that the commissioner banned "the practice some dubbed the Redskins Rule.""

I wonder if those cheerleaders knew the danger they were in tempting Big Ben like that!

Posted by: eorr | August 26, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

We have had the hottest cheerleaders for years. "Thank you Dan Snyder" is what you all should be saying.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 26, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

At least something on the field is apparently top notch!

Posted by: LEM66 | August 26, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Of all the pictures to choose from you had to pick the one where they're wearing parkas?

Posted by: philreed1231 | August 26, 2010 5:19 PM | Report abuse

^^^ THIS ^^^

Posted by: vicd714 | August 26, 2010 5:30 PM | Report abuse

To my esteemed Redskin brother, they have not been called the Redskinettes for a number of years now. They are known as "The First Ladies of Football"

Posted by: rillbizi | August 26, 2010 7:02 PM | Report abuse

Iv'e ordered my calendar but it hasn't been sent (:>( nor has the new team's pictures been put on the website.

Posted by: rillbizi | August 26, 2010 7:09 PM | Report abuse

They're pretty tough too... Considering I was staring a hole through them at that Bills game.

Posted by: Scoonie97 | August 27, 2010 7:37 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Scoonie97 | August 27, 2010 7:37 AM | Report abuse

I picked up where you left off at the Ravens game...and yes they're tough.

Posted by: oh_boy1 | September 1, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse