Owen Wilson in a Nats uniform

Ok, this is better than a Senators hat in The Karate Kid. We've known for well more than a year that Owen Wilson would be playing a Nats relief pitcher in an upcoming movie by James L. Brooks. They filmed it last June in D.C., with extras doing fan duty at Nats Park.

The movie -- How Do You Know -- will come out this December, and the trailer evidently came out this week (see below). It features -- get this -- Owen Wilson wearing a Nats uniform.

I'm trying to figure out if he's more Steven Shell or Brian Bruney. Also, I'd be interested to know what Mike Rizzo thinks of his aura. Anyhow, here's the trailer, filled with several Washington scenes. I'll be sure to write 7 million more words about this closer to the release date.

(Via @DCUniverse)

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 13, 2010; 9:04 AM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kyle Shanahan is a young offensive coordinator
Next: Jason Campbell's preseason Raiders debut

Comments

Sadly 99.9999% of all romantic comedies are a failure. Maybe not financial but as films they are.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 13, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

And in more breaking news, Donovan McNabb will be wearing a Redskins uniform tonight.

Posted by: freakinandpeakin | August 13, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

this preview needs wayyyyy more Nats.

Posted by: nattaboy | August 13, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Going by past performances, I would think more like Collin Balester. ;-)

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 13, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Going by past performances, I would think more like Collin Balester. ;-)

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 13, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Dang, I resubmitted and *still* didn't spell it right. Colin Ballester. I'm gonna go get a smoothie...

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 13, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

You had it right the first two times.

Posted by: jbfromfc | August 13, 2010 10:28 AM | Report abuse

D'oh! :-D

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 13, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

Yes, needs more Nats in the preview. I ordinarily would not plan to see this movie but you know that I'm going to go because he is a Nats pitcher. We should nickname them with the players that actually wear/wore their numbers. For instance, Owen Wilson looks like he is wearing 30-something. If he is wearing 35, we call him Stammen. 36=Clippard. 38=Hanarahan (37=sacred.)Looks like a guy is wearing #8, we could call him Boone (or Anderson [Marlon] or Padilla).

Posted by: LurkerNowPoster | August 13, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Finally a chick flick I'd be willing to see. I'll score some points with the lady and see Nats gear in a Hollywood movie. Sweet!

Posted by: TheRealDuffman | August 13, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: TheRealDuffman | August 13, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

not saying I would go, but they could screen this in a 40,000 seat baseball stadium with a great HDTV.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 13, 2010 11:52 AM | Report abuse

"they could screen this in a 40,000 seat baseball stadium with a great HDTV. " Yeah, it's gonna be empty in September...a little cold in December though.

Posted by: NatsFly | August 13, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse