Redskins fans at a Dallas wedding

See that man on the left? That's Paul Durand. He's a Redskins fan from Greenbelt, but as things happen, he joined the Army, moved to Oklahoma, and met a woman from Texas. That meant a wedding in Dallas. And that meant his friends had to make some burgundy and gold plans.

So, see that man on the right? That's Danny Cole. Durand's wedding and bachelor party were last month in Dallas, and Cole was prepared.

"I personally wore at least one article of Skins gear every time I went out in public over the course of the three-plus days," Danny wrote to me. "We went to celebrate the wedding, but there was no way I was going all the way to Dallas and not sticking in everyone's faces how proud and fearless we are as Skins fans. Every year I go to the Mailbox and watch a bunch of hicks sigh stars on their hats invade my stadium and talk smack, so this was the best revenge I could get."

Yes, that included a Redskins t-shirt under his tuxedo. And yes, they took a stadium tour of the Cowboys' new digs, while wearing Redskins apparel. Sure, I've posted a similar photo before, but I'll do this as long as you keep sending them.

All five of the D.C.-based men at the bachelor party wore Redskins attire, including the groom. And the wedding featured pictures of bride and groom wearing Romo and Sean Taylor jerseys.

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 12, 2010; 3:05 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Orioles ratings spiking in D.C.
Next: Kyle Shanahan is a young offensive coordinator

Comments

The Flozell Adams picture is awesome.

Posted by: wis193 | August 12, 2010 3:14 PM | Report abuse

Eleanor High School 00' representing in the burgundy and gold in Texas! Keep it up Paul

-Rob

Posted by: Skinssss21 | August 12, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse

that's Eleanor Roosevelt High School- too much coffee today

Posted by: Skinssss21 | August 12, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

Alright Paul! ERHS/PG Represent baby!

NB

Posted by: NatsandSkinsareclassclassclass | August 12, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

football jerseys at a wedding. Classsssay

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | August 12, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

And Walt Whitman High School, too! Way to go Danny!

Posted by: EmGu | August 12, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

I'm so proud- it's too bad he didn't include the 5 photo spread of each of your Skins outfits, but at least the Suisham photo made it in!

Posted by: esneider | August 12, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

Cole comes from a long line of devoted 'Skins fans. If you want a real taste of the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry, check out this clip from 1982. His father, Randy Cole, is in the blue blazer and yellow foam headdress at the beginning of the clip, then holding a big Dallas dummy with arrows in it later on. Hail to the Redskins!

Posted by: lec122 | August 12, 2010 7:33 PM | Report abuse

Great... the 3 Washington fans in Dallas for one weekend vs. the 40% of Dallas fans living, here in DC.

Posted by: nojunk4me | August 12, 2010 7:40 PM | Report abuse