Redskins offer single-game Dallas tickets to season-ticket holders

Remember a few days ago when I mentioned that, "due to unprecedented demand for Redskins Tickets this season," the team was changing its policy on distributing visiting player returns? And that these tickets would now be offered to waitlist members on a first-come, first-served basis?

Well, "a very limited number" of these tickets are also being offered to season-ticket holders, who received the above message this morning. But act quickly; "due to high demand for these tickets, we expect that they will be sold out quickly."

One reader followed the link and requested four tickets together to see what he was offered. His choices were sections 415, 416 and 439. Methinks the sponsors should be asking to move down a few sections.

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 20, 2010; 9:18 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Calling all D.C. sports fans
Next: The Mystics and their dogs

Comments

NO WAY are these "Sponsor" seats or "Player" seats...this is VERY interesting. How the hell do they have upper level seats available (especially those sections) if apparently there are people waiting for season tickets?

Posted by: joeblazin | August 20, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I am a season ticket holder... and when I tried to access the site I got this message... "An unusually large number of visitors are accessing our site".

Hmmm is this the high demand they speak of?

Posted by: mb15 | August 20, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

I responded to this yesterday, but didn't get a call back, yet....I thought they wouldn't call you back until the week of???

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 20, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse

What "sponsors" are turning back tickets to the opener...for a nationally televised Sunday night game...McNabb's debut...against Dallas?

In the words of Arte Johnson: "Interesting...verrry interesting."

Posted by: AnnandaleAnnie | August 20, 2010 11:03 AM | Report abuse

So I checked for the hell of it (waited like 35 mins to finally access the site). There were seats available it seems like in most of the upper level sections, mostly upper rows and a few lower rows.

Posted by: joeblazin | August 20, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

NEvermind...This is different...I got the one regarding the waitlist people and getting back tix from the opposing team...

Posted by: 4thFloor | August 20, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

It is interesting...I was in desperate need to buy a single, but something closer to face. I got this email this morning, and I was waiting on line for about 25 minutes to access the site to see what was available...I got a single very high up...but I just needed to get somebody 'in the house', and it's better than spending $170 for a single on StubHub currently.

Posted by: jrraley | August 20, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Those seats are nubity nubs !! The view from my couch should suffice :)

Posted by: thebone | August 20, 2010 3:55 PM | Report abuse

There are some very good, detailed threads on ExtremeSkins from last year (iirc) that chronicle the rapidly decreasing demand for tickets. Snyder bought the waitlist with the team, and he's sucked about as much money out of it as he can. It's now just a sales lead/email list.

Posted by: WorstSeat | August 20, 2010 4:02 PM | Report abuse

Hahahahaha... I wonder what the NFL rule is for returned seats from sponsors and players? Looks like the "sell out since 1967" streak is in no threat. This team's a joke, has been for years.

Posted by: capscapscaps2 | August 20, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse