Redskins selling standing-room seats for Dallas game

A few weeks ago, Hogs Haven posted photos of the new standing room section in the club-level of FedEx Field. The author, Kevin Ewoldt, was told the seats were a test concept not yet for sale to the general public.

Well, here's more. Due to the requests for Dallas tickets from wait-list members, the Redskins said they decided to make a couple hundred of these standing room seats available for the Cowboys game. They'll run ya $152.50, although they come with club seat amenities. Minus the seat. And the section will apparently be called the "RFK Standing Stomping Club Level Decks," or something like that.

(Thanks to Reader Matt.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 26, 2010; 5:31 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bryce Harper's "mohawk"
Next: George Mason's Italian dance-off

Comments

I must be reading this wrong. Ok, so me and a buddy want to go to a Skins game, it'll be $300 ($325 after fees) to STAND at the game. In every other aspect in the history of the world, "standing room" seats are about 1/2 the price of the next cheapest seats. There HAS to be more to this. Free drinks? Free food? Lapdance from a cheerleader? Clearly I'm missing something.

Posted by: Tom_624 | August 26, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

The Caps charge $100 for SRO.

Posted by: CapsNut | August 26, 2010 8:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Tom_624 | August 26, 2010 7:54 PM | Report abuse

I don't know, you've got access to the club level, and a pretty good view. In the stands, you'd be standing a good deal of the time anyhow. The Hogs Haven pics don't look bad. Tickets behind a post run at, what, a third to a half of that price.

Posted by: WorstSeat | August 26, 2010 10:23 PM | Report abuse

Those are fair prices actually. I'm surprised they are not more expensive. Snyder has actually kept prices at a relatively fair market price for years.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 27, 2010 12:45 AM | Report abuse

"Clearly I'm missing something"

Yeah, like the game. I wouldn't want to pay $125 to stand and watch on a TV. I'd stay home first.

Posted by: BEEPEE | August 27, 2010 1:17 AM | Report abuse

Snyder at his best. $29 in Dallas stadium. He rips people off for every food item and it is all crap, puts an inferior product on the field, destroyed Johnny Rocket's food quality and raised prices so high you might as well go to Morton's, and six flags is a Lil Wayne show on steroids.

Posted by: doyouktt | August 27, 2010 6:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Tom_624 | August 26, 2010

If you buy these seats (I mean feet landing spaces), you won't be having a "Lap" for cheerleaders!

Posted by: KarK | August 27, 2010 8:29 AM | Report abuse

@CapsNut: yeah, but IMO the Phone Booth is much, much nicer than FedEx. If I *had* to choose SRO in one or the other, it would definitely be Verizon Center.

Truth is, in any case, I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money on SRO tix, even if the are in the Club Level.

Posted by: RCBJr | August 27, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

"The Caps charge $100 for SRO."

At least, that was the rate during last season's playoffs; it may be less during the regular season. My Caps season tickets are just in front of the SRO area and we paid a good deal less than $100 per seat per game during the lone playoff round last year. I do have to note that we were paying the STH rate, which is less than gate price, and I do not recall what the gate price was for our seats.

I do think if you're going to have SRO, it's fair to price it somewhat in line with what someone would pay for an actual seat in the same part of the arena. That is--the Caps' SRO locations are along the top of the "Loge Preferred" area (think where the Red Rockers stand), so the SRO pricing ought to be somewhat in line with the "Loge Preferred" pricing because the SRO location is substantially better than, say, high in a corner of the upper level. I do think that the SRO space ought to cost a bit less than the surrounding seats, though, because you don't actually have a seat.

So, looking at the Redskins' SRO club-level area, my question would be what the seats closest to that SRO area cost. That would be my baseline for assessing whether the price is reasonable.

Posted by: 1995hoo | August 27, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: doyouktt | August 27, 2010 6:52 AM | Report abuse
--------------------------------------

Actually...you, sir, are an idiot.

Snyder's prices at Fed Ex on everything from parking to beer, from tickets to sodas, from hot dogs to programs to hats...are on par if not cheaper than the average at other NFL stadiums. You're just too much of an idiot to realize this.

The average price of a ticket to a game in Fed Ex: $79

The average price of a ticket to a game in Dallas: $159

The average price for a family of four at Fed Ex: $441

The average price for a family of four at Dallas: $758

Everything, from sodas to programs to parking to tickets is MORE expensive in Dallas than at Fed Ex.

And don't try to blame it all on the new stadium either, Dallas's prices have been consistently more expensive than Washington's for years. Why? Because Dan Snyder isn't trying to rip you off while Jerry Jones is.

Something to chew on while you are busying blaming Dan Snyder for all your problems in life.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 27, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

At least you're actually in the stadium with the Skins SRO ticket . . .

MYFOXCHICAGO.COM has more:

Hundreds of Cowboys “Party Pass” holders say they didn’t get to see a live game Sunday night, despite paying for parking and $29 for a standing-room-only ticket.

In fact, the gates at one section wouldn’t even open, and fans were pounding on the doors to get the attention of people inside.

The Cowboys say they sold 30,000 “Party Passes” at last night’s record-breaking attendance game. 15,000 fans were supposed to watch inside on six different decks, while the rest were supposed to be outside, watching on giant monitors.

Fans say that was never made clear to them.

Posted by: dcsportsfan21701 | August 27, 2010 10:22 AM | Report abuse

The caps thing was different. It was for sold out playoff games. It was a very few number of seats, and the Standing Room were slightly less than the lower level seats. However they all had a great view from the lower level.

Posted by: Natstural | August 27, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

This is why I will never go to a Redskins game in my lifetime. Overrated and waaaaay overpriced.

Posted by: futbolclif | August 27, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

@Barno: Dan Snyder is an jerk. Do you often defend jerks?

Posted by: poguesmahone | August 27, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

Poguesmahone, that's a fallacy if I've ever seen one.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 27, 2010 1:57 PM | Report abuse

Kansas City Chiefs $80.69 $445.76
Washington Redskins $79.13 $441.43
San Diego Chargers $81.39 $436.56
NFL AVERAGE $74.99 $412.64

******
lets see...

Dallas Cowboys - new stadium. now make playoffs.

New England Patriots - new stadium. 4 SB apperances, 3 SB.

Chicago Bears - new stadium. 1 SB appearance.

New York Giants - new stadium. 1 recent SB.

Baltimore Ravens - SB in 2000. rednecks pay anything for a football game.

New York Jets - new stadium. guidos pay anything for a football game. team sucks.

Indianapolis Colts - new stadium. 2 SB, 1 SB title.

Kansas City Chiefs - they should be ashamed of themselves.

Washington Redskins - ugly stadium. team sucks.

San Diego Chargers - wins AFC West every year, dunno how the Murph is still standing.

NFL AVERAGE $74.99 $412.64

*****

Cowboys increased their prices on an average of 90% last year, so before then, they were quite cheap to go see.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | August 27, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

So weird, Barno is defending Danny again.

The guy is a conceited narcissist who surrounds himself with yes men to the detriment of the team we love. What is to defend? Oh, that's right, he charges less for soda than another conceited narcissist in Dallas. Well then I'm on-board.

Posted by: jpfterps | August 27, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

This is unbelievable! Who would pay all that money to stand in Danny's awful stadium?

Posted by: matt60 | August 27, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

What is to defend? Perhaps the fact that his nothing like the man you perceive him to be.

I've sent this to you several times jpfterps, but have you ever actually read it? I highly doubt it.

Snyder's haters have all this pent up anger towards the guy, but yet they don't even know the first thing about him. Read the article.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 27, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

How convenient that vmrg1974 counts a decade old super bowl as reason to have higher ticket prices but doesn't count anything that happened prior to that. Oh, so 4 super bowl visits that occurred when most of its fanbase was alive don't count, conveniently.

More lies from vmrg1974:

*he blatantly distorts the numbers for Dallas's prices. He claims they raised prices "90%" last year, which is an exaggeration (they raised them 74%) and claims before that cowboys tickets were "quite cheap."

Let's see, if you remove the 74% increase, the average cost for a Cowboys ticket was still $91.75.

*So, according to this moron, $91.75 is "quite cheap" while $79.13 (the average cost of Redskins tickets) is outrageously overpriced.

*He claims the Jets and Giants prices are due to the "new stadium," but what he doesn't tell you is those prices are for LAST year, before the new stadium was even built.

Is it really that difficult for fans to come on here and make rational arguments for their side without resorting to out and out lies and distortion?

Posted by: Barno1 | August 27, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Vinny, er I mean Barno,

I read that Wasingtonian article. Let me let you in something: the author, Harry Jaffe, is an Eagles fan. He's a native Philadelphian. He HATES the Redskins. I should know- I used to work at the magazine.

So, perhaps, Jaffe is rooting for Snyder because he wants the Skins to continue to suck?

Posted by: mgonter | August 28, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Hahahaa... I wouldn't pay money to stand and watch the Redskins play in my backyard. I wonder how many people are on the wait list for standing room tickets? Three, Four hundred thousand? A gabillion? A gazillion? How much is this UNPRECEDENTED demand?!

Posted by: capscapscaps2 | August 28, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse

mgonter, That might very well be the dumbest conspiracy theory I have ever heard. Wow, just wow. You, sir, are an absolute moron.

Posted by: Barno1 | August 29, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse