Stan Kasten nails Mike Rizzo with a cream pie

I was kind of half-asleep around midnight on Monday, looked at my computer, realized Bryce Harper signed, and went back to bed, figuring the excitement was over. Silly me. Should have figured that any second, Stan Kasten was going to hit the general manager of the Washington Nationals in the face with a whipped cream pie, then drip the leftovers on Rizzo's pate, then cover it all with the Silver Elvis wig.

Say what you want about Daniel Snyder and Vinny Cerrato, but I can't remember them ever celebrating a free-agent signing quite like that. Though I'd certainly be interested in the video if I'm wrong.

By Dan Steinberg  |  August 17, 2010; 9:15 AM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Redskins' preseason win earns 12 pizza toppings
Next: A Papa John's pizza with 12 free Redskins toppings

Comments

Eh, don't feel bad. I went to sleep well before the moment of truth. That video is awesomely awesome, though. :-)

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 17, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Video not available. CSN's web videos have more FAIL moments then the Nats last year.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 17, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Bummer. It was a good one. Trust me. :-)

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 17, 2010 9:29 AM | Report abuse

Oh and by the way, Happy Birthday Steinburg.

Posted by: alex35332 | August 17, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

The video does play -- just hang in there. It's 5 seconds or so of dead time before the video picks up. It's excellent. I might have to actually start liking the gNats!

Posted by: capecodner424 | August 17, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Cool, capecod. One can watch it on the CSN site as well.

(And happy birthday, Mr. S., if it is indeed your b'day.)

Posted by: natsfan1a1 | August 17, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Now that was a good one...I like the Elvis wig

Don't see the Danny doing any like that. Dude took his tie off for the 1st time in 11 years and that's a stretch for HIM

Posted by: kahlua87 | August 17, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse