Bruce Boudreau's new Mercedes ads

I don't want to overplay these new American Service Center Mercedes ads, starring Bruce Boudreau (and, in one case, Ryan Zimmerman). I just think you should watch them. I think this strongly.

(They were filmed at the D.C. Improv in mid-September, and will start airing next week. They're obviously a continuation of the similarly themed radio ads Ryan Zimmerman did last spring.)

By Dan Steinberg  | September 30, 2010; 4:13 PM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Never Been to Dallas Syndrome
Next: Ryan Zimmerman's new Mercedes ads

Comments

After seeing these 2 ads, I'll stick to my 1973 Cuda '340 and my 1999 Jeep Cherokee.

Posted by: bbmcoachk | September 30, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

please fire this guy already....

Posted by: philarmy | September 30, 2010 5:01 PM | Report abuse

Is that Morgan Freeman doing the voiceover?

Posted by: ThisGuy | September 30, 2010 5:04 PM | Report abuse

Watching ads in order to watch ads. I like it!

Posted by: bronco6778 | September 30, 2010 6:35 PM | Report abuse

Amazing.

Posted by: SombreroGuy | September 30, 2010 9:43 PM | Report abuse

I forgot the name of the talent, but it is not Morgan Freeman doing the voiceover. It sure sounds like him, though.

Posted by: ODPllc | September 30, 2010 10:01 PM | Report abuse

Good ideas... poor execution.

Posted by: Matt252 | October 1, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

fire bruce? wow phil, go back to your cave

Posted by: donkey1 | October 1, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Buy American!

Posted by: Special_One40 | October 1, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Fatboy should focus on coaching

Posted by: doughless | October 1, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

OK, one of these guys works in a glass enclosed box (not a studio) and the other works in a pasture. Don't they get enough exposure without exposing their ineptitude?

Posted by: WhatIThinkIs | October 1, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

I like the bird call ad. The dancing one is .....well...I hope they are paying him plenty.

Posted by: rjma1 | October 1, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

Go Caps!

Posted by: luvdc808 | October 1, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Flashback to 2005 --

"Bruce, if you EVER get a gig as head coach in the big time, what will be your priority?"

"Heck, I'll shill any darn product that pays me money (or gives me free cars)."

Posted by: beeman | October 1, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse