Clinton Portis on Ines Sainz situation -- UPDATE

UPDATED: Tuesday 1:54 p.m.

As part of the latest skirmish in the D.C. sports talk radio wars, both stations announced their big weekly gets for the season. ESPN 980, which I love, has Donovan McNabb, Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen. 106.7 The Fan, which I also love, has Clinton Portis and Chris Cooley.

I call that a knockout for the latter station. McNabb and Shanahan might be more important to the health of the team, but they're as quotable as a piece of carpet. Portis and Cooley, on the other hand, could fall asleep and snore great quotes.

Which brings us to Tuesday morning, and Clinton Portis's 10:30 a.m. debut on The Mike Wise Show, in this case hosted by Holden Kushner and Brian Mitchell. The whole thing was great, but eventually, the topic of Ines Sainz -- the reporter whose treatment in the Jets locker room has become a national story -- was raised. Portis, to be fair, wasn't familiar with the case, so he was offered a quick summary. Now, Mike Shanahan would have said something about one game at a time. Donovan McNabb's answer would have been league-approved. Here's what Portis said.

"You know man, I think you put women reporters in the locker room in positions to see guys walking around naked, and you sit in the locker room with 53 guys, and all of the sudden you see a nice woman in the locker room, I think men are gonna tend to turn and look and want to say something to that woman. For the woman, I think they make it so much that you can't interact and you can't be involved with athletes, you can't talk to these guys, you can't interact with these guys.

"And I mean, you put a woman and you give her a choice of 53 athletes, somebody got to be appealing to her. You know, somebody got to spark her interest, or she's gonna want somebody. I don't know what kind of woman won't, if you get to go and look at 53 men's packages. And you're just sitting here, saying 'Oh, none of this is attractive to me.' I know you're doing a job, but at the same time, the same way I'm gonna cut my eye if I see somebody worth talking to, I'm sure they do the same thing."

And that, friends, is why you want to have Clinton Portis signed with your radio station.

(Note: I can't promise he said "cut my eye," but that's what it sounded like. Listen to the audio below.)

(UPDATE: The NFL has responded to Portis' remarks in a less enthusiastic manner. The Redskins are expected to respond in a statement this afternoon.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  September 14, 2010; 11:13 AM ET
Categories:  Media , Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Fenty closes race with Redskins jersey foul
Next: Terps win means 16 free toppings

Comments

Can someone define "cut my eye" for me?

Posted by: dcborn61 | September 14, 2010 11:24 AM | Report abuse

When I see an attractive woman, I definitely do not "cut my eye".

Posted by: Langway4Eva | September 14, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Are guy reporters allowed into women's locker rooms while they are walking around naked?

Posted by: mcw28 | September 14, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

I heard that and knew it was Bog fodder. But wtf, why are reporters in the room so soon. let guys put on some pants first.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 14, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe it is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era

Posted by: Zeebs1 | September 14, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse

Seriously, it means a quick glace... like in making a quick 'cut' of the eye to see something.

In this context it means the same, but moreso because the object of the eye is something desirable or pretty.

Posted by: Zeebs1 | September 14, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: mcw28 | September 14, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

Only at Eating contests.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 14, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Do an image search on this woman. she is off the wall good looking. Not that the Jets should have made her feel uncomfortable.

But she has made a name for herself cause of her looks and reporting. When wearing scantily clad clothes, guys are gonna look. They might talk amongst themselves about it. But probably should keep it low and def dont hoot and holler at her...

Posted by: Zeebs1 | September 14, 2010 11:45 AM | Report abuse

They should give the players a chance to get dressed.. and then Portis can "Get his pockets straight"!

This would have only been better if he would have delivered a classic Portis 3rd person quote.

Posted by: DCFanCouncil | September 14, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

Wow Dan, this is (your CP transcript) already posted on USA Today's website.

Posted by: joeblazin | September 14, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

It's going to take a long time for CP to take his foot out of his mouth.

"Packages"?!? Really?

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 14, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse

AWESOME!

Posted by: hithere1 | September 14, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Typical feminist feigned outrage. This was a set up, pure and simple. She is not a real reporter, she is a woman who has made a career off of men looking at her fake breasts. She has made a career off of the attention she gets from men, now we are supposed to believe she if offended by a bunch of jocks in a locker room giving her some attention? GIVE ME A BREAK. Was she touched? Was she raped? Was anything sexual said to her? According to her, no.

She should be banned from ever stepping foot in an NFL stadium again.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 14, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

I must be old school. The locker room is like a mens restroom or womens restroom. I don't allow anyone in the restroom with me except other men if it is set up as such. If you are not getting showered and dressed you do not have any business in there. The Media can wait till after I take my crap to talk to me. How did the Media or anyone else ever get access to the locker room. That is what I would ask. If a wowman walks in to a mens restroom on purpose she is setting her self up for all kinds of cat calls. As long as no one tries to touch her hey, she is going to get an eye full....as would a man if he walked into a womans locker room after a game. Do reporters go into the Cheer leaders locker room? Huh, might be an interesting career. Thanks for listening.

Posted by: jimbo19511 | September 14, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

Also, in fairness to Portis, he hadn't heard about the Ines Sainz controversy when it was brought up in the interview...and Holden Cushner (who is THE single dumbest human being I've ever heard on the radio--and that's really saying a lot) did not explain the controversy well at all.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 14, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Portis should run the ball, not his mouth. Whether right or wrong, he is just inarticulate..., so he should talk about what he knows and does best: hit the hole, run fast, catch the ball, block.....

But while we are at it, do male reporters hang out in women's locker rooms in soccer, golf or tennis? I think not. Male professional athletes deserve the same respect.

Posted by: sailhoward | September 14, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

Pretty sure a lot of what happened didn't happen in the locker room but on the practice field.

Posted by: stevie_in_gp | September 14, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse

TV Azteca - Setting The Standard

There was but one star of media day, far and away, above all others. It wasn't a player or coach on either team, and our muse had almost nothing to say. But oh, how she shined.

Ines Sainz.

Like me, you probably had no idea who she is. But trust me, I have seen the future of sideline reporting, and I like what I see. Let's be real about it. Anyone remember ever getting moved or truly informed by a sideline report? Do we really ever care what they have to say, beyond, "Gardner, Rod is out of the game with a mild concussion?"

The folks at TV Azteca - a network based in Mexico City - have figured this out. So, why net just use some model to do the job, and dress her at least 5-time more skimpy than anything the actual cheerleaders are wearing, right? What's the difference.

Mrs. Sainz took the job to new heights at media day. I never saw her actually interview a player ... because she was doing more interviews than pretty much everyone except Tony Dungy. Oh, how they flocked to her, with a microphone from another media outlook always in her face. It was like a free, two-hour long commercial for TV Azteca, and she obliged with glee in her stiletto heels, painted on jeans and a tight white top that left the stomach entirely exposed and pretty much everything else, too.

She claims to enjoy American football, and, when asked if her looks result in her never being snubbed by an athlete for an interview request, she responded, "Yes, of course." How perfect is that?

According to the Internet Movie Database she has appeared in some Spanish films and was Miss Spain 1997. She does sideline work for Azteca during soccer games - yet another reason to love the beautiful game. She is what media day is all about.

I actually spend 30 minutes in line with Maria Menounos this morning and had no idea who she was at the time. She looked familiar, but her sunglasses obscured much of her face. I figured she was some sort of model, than at the end of media day I heard one of her ET colleagues call her name. Very attractive young lady, but no Ines.

By Jason La Canfora | January 30, 2007; 1:48 PM ET

Posted by: Barno1 | September 14, 2010 2:13 PM | Report abuse

Still no word on whether the NFL Network has suspended Jason La Canfora for his 'sexist' rant.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 14, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

Guess it must hurt when CP's knuckles scrape the ground. It's clear that he and his ilk do not have a frontal lobe and 'think' with other pieces of their anatomy...

Posted by: soccerhead | September 14, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

"CAUGHT MY EYE."

Posted by: makuke51 | September 14, 2010 2:19 PM | Report abuse

What did they say? How can you have a controversy about what people said and not quote what was said?

Posted by: blasmaic | September 14, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

He's CP not PC.

Posted by: JohnnyU2Berry | September 14, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

LOL, good ol CP. If you don't want to know his real opinion, you better not ask him.

Posted by: walkdwalk | September 14, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

"The Fan" has caused nothing but trouble for the Redskins.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 14, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

So...what is a pro really? I'd say someone who can play the game well, both on and off the field. Oh, one more thing, only small children whine about hypocrisy and how life is unfair, most people, except a few sheltered muscle heads, learn by 12 that Mickey Mouse is just a guy in a funny suit, crushing news at 12, just sad at over 21. And, oh my what a crushing defense of Mr. P. some posters are making: the zippy argument about no men reporters in the girls locker rooms, so therefore, the world must change, pronto, or bleed with shame! Quick, we must sign these guys to the ESPN debating team, you're sooo insightful, and for sure you must be world class at the beer chug slapdown -- righteous dudes with a double threat. But, sorry, it's now gonna be bye bye to Nike contracts, and hawking Chevys for Mr. Portis. Man!, his rep team must be scrambling now, gotta get the guy into some help the handicapped NPAs – just helpin’ the kids with the crutches, rebuilding the endorsement rep for the retail shopper weenies. Then, gotta ‘xplain to the franchise gods that his radio words were post-game infected, he was sooo tired and confused. But really, its all no prob: he’ll stay a hit with the sports bar guys, how impressive that he can memorize all those complicated NFL running plays and how genuine that he's just not too swift on the complicated off the field stuff, that tricky locker room dance with girl reporters – fumbling here just shows his cool real-man cred, ‘cause true warriors don’t bother with off the field crap, ya! But, still how cosmically unfair! His best fans -- all the real men—will stay loyal and line up at his pigskin signing shows, coming soon to an empty space in a mall near you—oh big money here, and real mano and mano love –ask for a personalized signature, it'll be worth more, don't ya know, and make for better stories back to the sports bar. Roll on studs. Plus ca change.

Posted by: MrCassandra | September 14, 2010 2:47 PM | Report abuse

I hope when CP retires he maintains some form of mass communication. By that time, Michael Irvin will be caught on the way to throwing away his "friends" crack pipe and the NFL network will need another analyst.

I feel like keeping CP on football would be too limiting though-I would pay top dollar to read a CP memoir.

Posted by: jbanks979 | September 14, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

Coach Shanahan should ban Portis from talking about ANYTHING other than football.

Posted by: linroy62 | September 14, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

I mean come the hell on, you mean the NFL can be okay with cheerleaders showing more camel toe than an egyptian dessert but Clinton comments are offensive? I don't know about you all but Kelly Johnson is a nice looking woman and I have seen her check out some redskins and I have even seen Shannahan flirt with her the night he arrived here!! I guess it's offensive to be honest and tell the truth!!!

Posted by: russellpenmaniii | September 14, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

i don't know how you guys walk around with those things anyway LOL

Posted by: mimo1 | September 14, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

i don't know how you guys walk around with those things anyway LOL

Posted by: mimo1 | September 14, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

i don't know how you guys walk around with those things anyway LOL

Posted by: mimo1 | September 14, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

russellpenmaniii,

Good point. Tho I respect Kelli Johnson a lot as a journalist--she's one of the few objective ones covering the team--it was no secret she had a thing for Randy Thomas.

She couldn't hide it...and it got weird a few times.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 14, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

What did he say that was so offensive? I'm still checking. It sounds like commonsense to me.

Posted by: PepperDr | September 14, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Female reporters are in the locker room to do their jobs. They may find an athlete attractive but they know they're not there to try to hook up with any of them. They know they are there to work, unfortunately the athletes, acting in a childish manner choose to harass them if they happen to "cut" their eye.

I thought the Roethlisberger incident would show athletes that they can't expect women to just throw themselves at athletes, but clearly they learned nothing.

Read my blog to see my further feelings on the subject

Oh and I'm a guy so I realize I'm in a minority for my gender to take this stance.

Posted by: akecke | September 14, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

i don't know what happened in the jets locker room, and i'm not a big portis interview fan. he shoots from the hip and a lot of what he says is based on his take. not everyone would see it his way. what he said in my opinion is on point,(we are only human), but how he said it may grate on some. the question i have is, why are there female reporters in a male locker room, and thus why is there outrage if something sexist comes up? there are men walking around in all stages of undress and, yes, "packages" may be unwrapped. why would a woman reporter want to walk around a men's locker room knowing this. men in the locker room shouldn't have to be concerned with their "packages" being unwrapped, they should have some time to get cleaned up and dressed before they are assaulted by the media, and that goes for the male members of the media also.

Posted by: joerutgens72 | September 14, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

caught my eye

Clinton told me

Posted by: oldcpa | September 14, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

caught my eye

Clinton told me

Posted by: oldcpa | September 14, 2010 4:28 PM | Report abuse

Ahh, I doubt you're in the minority, ak.

Posted by: stevie_in_gp | September 14, 2010 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Barno, it always seems impossible, but somehow with every comment you make, it gets more and more obvious that you have always been and will always be a single, single, single man. It's almost an art.

Posted by: Gnillew9 | September 14, 2010 4:36 PM | Report abuse

How about she not dress so provocatively and then we wouldn't have this issue, now would we? I'm NOT saying she asked for it but get real folks. I just watched her interview on Fox News and seriously? she wears a blouse unbuttoned down below her breasts???!?!?!? Sure, you men may like it but when you dress to get attention, you will get it. Whether the attention turns into sexual harrassment is something completely different....I just don't think she would have been harrassed if she dressed a bit more conservative and we all know that to be the truth!

Posted by: RadicallySane | September 14, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Once again Clinton has put his foot in his mouth with a display of "baphoonery". Oddly though, I agree with him. Why is it sooooo important that women are allowed in male athletes locker rooms? Men aren't allowed in women athletes locker rooms. Why can't they have a designated area for ALL reporters to talk with the players?

Now if she was in the locker room and flirted with one of the players or if a player she thought was attractive flirted with her, we would've never heard about it.

I am sick and tired of the double standard in this country when it comes to women. I'll bet good money if she were to complain in Mexico under a similar situation, she would've been told to stay out of men locker rooms. Matter of fact, she probably knows better than to pull that crap down there.

I suggest that the NFL ban her from all of their facilities until further notice.

Posted by: carterm1 | September 14, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse

LOL, that didn't long for these dolts to implode :)

Posted by: capscapscaps2 | September 14, 2010 5:18 PM | Report abuse

he said "catch his eye"

cut his eye, haha.

Posted by: slydell | September 14, 2010 6:31 PM | Report abuse

This skannk sells her body for a living. How do you think she got her job in the first place. By showing off her T & A. Now she wants to complain about it?

Feminism = idiocy. Women don't want equality. They want special rights. It's time for men to get their balls back and learn to say NO to b itch behavior -- Manhood101 . com

Posted by: lineswho | September 14, 2010 7:05 PM | Report abuse

female reporters just don't belong in a male locker room at all ever......wait until they come out of the locker room......you don't see that kind of behavior anywhere else except pro ball....what kind of example is it for college or high school players........beside that in this case she was definitely provocative and can barely speak english in any case and since when was american football of any interest to spanish speaking countries?........this smells of a setup and if you guys were any kind of reporters you'd find out who the "mysterious female reporter who spoke up" was before Sainz even knew she was "harassed" ........it seems to us that the mystery female reporter is the source here.........a simple question.......who was it?

Posted by: gsh200 | September 14, 2010 8:03 PM | Report abuse

GO CLINTON!

Posted by: jhansel6 | September 14, 2010 8:46 PM | Report abuse

GO CLINTON!

Posted by: jhansel6 | September 14, 2010 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Gnillew9, Sorry. I am flattered, honestly, but I am taken.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 14, 2010 8:59 PM | Report abuse

So the Redskins and NFL are all exercised by Portis' remarks. Why? Do you think he isn't right? This hot chick "reporter" strolls into the locker room where a bunch of athletes are wandering around in various stages of dress. You're telling us that Portis is wrong and she isn't taking an occassional peek? If the roles were reversed and you as a male reporter was in a ladies locker room, you're saying you wouldn't take a look? Of course you would. And, how embarrasing must it be for the guys in the locker room to have this woman in there with them? This is all nonsense. You don't think that Mexican TV station didn't purposely send that woman into that locker room for the expressed purpose of getting a reaction from them? You bet they did. Then she whines about inappropriate behavior. The Jets were set up and were the perfect team to do it to. Don't slam Portis just because he was telling it like he sees it. It's more likely he is accurate in his assessment of the situation. She didn't peek. C'mon man!

Posted by: POPS1 | September 14, 2010 9:42 PM | Report abuse

I will get upset about this when men are allowed in women's basketball locker room immediately after a game. We, and by we I mean the American people, would be up in arms if a male reporter were allowed in a women's locker room while they are walking around in variuos stages of undress. The NFL would never allow men in the cheerleaders dressing room but women can stroll in the mens dressing room. The NFL is treating its players like so much meat.

Posted by: Jimof1913 | September 14, 2010 11:26 PM | Report abuse

I have heard a lot of tv people saying how big of a 'moron' Portis is for his comments, but I have yet to hear exactly what it was, specifically, that Portis said that was so offensive.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 14, 2010 11:41 PM | Report abuse

if she saw my package, I know she'd be interested.

Posted by: gb11 | September 14, 2010 11:53 PM | Report abuse

NFL - get over yourself and get both genders out of the locker room now. Defending this stuff as a journalistic right is absurd.

Haven't been a Portis fan until now - dude has a right to say what he thinks - y'all have a right to disagree. Clinton, sir; I don't need an apology, but I am sorry that it's become the distraction that it is and will be.

Posted by: PatzMan | September 15, 2010 1:18 AM | Report abuse

This is ridiculous!!!!! I like to make fun of and criticize Portis just as much as the next guy, but what did he say that was so wrong? Anyone who writes on this post needs to look at a picture of this woman before they write. The curves on this thing are unreal. Throwing her into a mens locker room is like throwing a steak into a lion cage. I can guarantee you that men are not allowed in pro sports womens locker rooms. Why do they allow women? Why the double standard?

Posted by: Howsthathopeandchangeworkingforyou | September 15, 2010 1:27 AM | Report abuse

Ines Sainz is hot! Her garb of poured-into-lay-on-the-bed-to-put-on jeans and nipple-exposing-bras-purposely-causing-see-through her tops look VERY appealing, but are not appropriate for an American female NFL football reporter, especially one on the sidelines and in the locker room.

Check her photos. Some of her sidelines pants cut right under her cheeks and AGAIN 2 inches below that on her thighs! THAT'S TIGHT!

This will give you a better idea of how tight she wears her poured-into-pants on the sidelines:

Players that date cheerleaders and fans are going to all look at a woman dressed like this on the sidelines as a cheerleader - nothing more.

CP, as usual is correct - he just doesn't know when to just think something and not say it! LOL. CP IS SOMETHING ELSE!

53 PACKAGES?!

DURING AN AIRED INTERVIEW?! WOW. THAT'S ONE WAY TO GET NEGATIVE ATTENTION, WHICH I HEAR IS BETTER THAN NO ATTENTION AT ALL!

CP must be comfortable to start talking AGAIN now that he has his contract money for this season and has NO WORTHY RB competition anymore. LOL.

Posted by: artsnsportz | September 15, 2010 5:28 AM | Report abuse

I agree with others here:

Why is a female EVER allowed in the players locker room at ANY time? This is NFL ignorance.

Posted by: artsnsportz | September 15, 2010 5:44 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: soccerhead | September 14, 2010 2:18 PM

Thanks for the hard laugh soccerhead!

The bottom line is CP is right here and professionals need to dress conservative while working and NO women in ANY NFL locker room. The male reporters in there stand out of "package shot" where players are dressing and they have ANOTHER male reporter go get guys and bring them there AFTER they are done dressing.

The Jets did cat calls on the sidelines during practice too, but again, look at how she is dressed. Both sides are wrong, but the NFL rules for women reporters dress code is WRONG. Let her dress like that off work and I will approach her!

Posted by: artsnsportz | September 15, 2010 6:38 AM | Report abuse

I hate how PC everyone has to be, what about the right to free speech, I fully back CP here, hes speaking the truth, seriously, hes not saying anything that everyone else isnt thinking.. If i were built like a brick sh*thouse like these guys are id walk around naked and flaunt it whenever possible. If shes gonna put herself in a position to be around naked athletes like this she shouldnt be surprised, it comes with the territory.

Posted by: jredden | September 15, 2010 8:05 AM | Report abuse

Why do we as a society deny the fact we are human beings with sexual desires. If you put a woman like that in any scenario where there are men, they are going to look. If you put a woman with that body in a locker room full of testosterone laden athletes, she better expect the consequences. If she is uncomfortable with those consequences, she shouldn't put herself in that situation.

Posted by: ddbruno | September 15, 2010 8:31 AM | Report abuse

In my world, jeans are unprofessional. You don't show up to work in swimsuit, ladies.

Put a pantsuit on, Sainz.

Posted by: jboogie1 | September 15, 2010 9:23 AM | Report abuse

It has always seemed a little strange to me that women reporters were allowed to go into the mens' locker room but men reporters were not allowed into the womens' locker room. What is the difference? If a woman can go and interview a naked male athlete, why can't a man go and interview a naked woman athlete? Grow up America! Plus, I agree with the post that said NO ONE should be allowed in the locker room until after the athletes (male or female) have had a chance to shower and get dressed. That is common courtesy, which we as a country, are sadly lacking.

Posted by: kgongaware | September 15, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: kgongaware | September 15, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Why does anyone need to be interviewed in a locker room anyway? Since male reporters had access, women were given access to level the playing field. However, it's tilted the other way now. Male reporters can't interview from the WNBA locker rooms, so where's the parity? Locker rooms should be off limits to ALL reporters. Dang, just wait untill they shower and get dressed! This is a "no-brainer"!

Posted by: lrochon | September 15, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

I'm glad the No Fun League sees fit to penalize a guy for speaking honestly. The same exact thing happens everywhere you want, locker room, class room, work place, anywhere. .

Posted by: anolecrab24 | September 15, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

While I don't condone boorish behavior for god's sake what are women doing in the locker room in the first place. Someone tell me how many men are allowed in womens locker rooms? My never to be humble advice is not to allow anyone not affiliated with the team in the locker room. This will make it fair for male and female journalists. Otherwise you are going to have to accept a certain amount of this conduct. I think Portis simply said what most of us think. I know this isn't PC but I argue the locker room should be the one place where boys can be boys. Let's face it these are still relatively young guys and generally not the most refined.

Posted by: sgwat62 | September 15, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

what happend to using common sense.. who allows and/or gives permission for female reports to go into the players locker room especially after a game,its known the players are walking around naked, taking showers, taking a crap, emotions are high or low depending on win or lose... this situation has done nothing to help the NFL but cause their players to get into trouble,, the NFL should make every attempt to prevent this type of situation from occuring,, allowing the media to enter the players locker room is basically a set up and or entrapment for the players.. yes we expect professional football players to act according but lets not set them up.. remove the media from the locker rooms..

Posted by: jopro2925 | September 15, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

Portis is RIGHT! If I go into a men's locker room in skin tight jeans with my boobs hanging out, I promise you I'm looking for attention. AND if I was in the midst of 53 professional athletes with hot bodies I most definitely would be looking! I'm human. If you wanna be treated like a professional, and you aren't seeking the attention of the men you interview, then dress like a professional! Otherwise, STAY OUT OF THE LOCKER ROOM!

Posted by: ejodym | September 15, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

WOMEN DON'T BELONG IN THE MEN'S LOCKER PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: MaxnDC | September 15, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

If CP, you know man, were to spend, a, like,a, you know man, one tenth as much time, you know man, dedicating himself, you know man, like to the team, man, then just possibly, you know man, like, perhaps, man, he might be capable, you know man, oh what the hell man, I can't even remember, man!

Posted by: burro2 | September 15, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

I'm looking at this from a female's point of view since I am a woman. What did Clinton Portis say that was offensive? I don't think women should be in a mens' locker room until they have showered and dressed. This is taking equal rights too far. Are male reporters allowed to watch female athletes while they are naked? Portis only spoke the truth. We need to stop being so "pc".

Posted by: skinfreak | September 15, 2010 7:40 PM | Report abuse

What about all the poor male reporters being harassed in all those female locker rooms? Oh, right.

Posted by: echosierra | September 16, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: echosierra | September 16, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

If she saw Fushezzi's package, she wouldn't be interested, she'd be offended. It's weird

Posted by: jpfterps | September 16, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

That's all he said? I saw the reaction to it first and assumed it was something a lot more hilarious. How could people find this offensive?

Posted by: bosshog7169 | September 17, 2010 2:41 AM | Report abuse