Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones film a Papa John's commercial

And that, obviously, is as it should be. This is sports. It ain't about hatred and hostility. It's about wearing funny costumes and carrying strange-shaped toys around fields while cashing massive checks.

So I guess there's no logical reason why "rival" owners like Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder, who both have marketing deals with Papa John's, shouldn't join forces in an ad campaign that will be revealed during their teams' season-opening meeting on NBC. A little bit of commerce never soiled anyone's reputation.

"Only Papa John's Pizza can bring the Cowboys & Redskins together!" the Papa John's Facebook page says. "Papa John Schnatter had a commercial shoot on 9.1.10 with Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones, & Redskins owner, Dan Snyder. Check out the Cowboys vs Redskins game on 9.12.10 for the real thing, but until then here are a few behind the scenes pics of this winning trio!"

Hence, these photos. Papa John's is the Official Pizza Sponsor of the NFL and 12 NFL teams, including the Cowboys and Redskins. Move some more pies, crack a few jokes, and everyone's happy. Oh yeah, and We Want Dallas, plus don't forget your Beat Dallas t-shirt.

Well, at least the Hogs still hate Dallas.

(This, like about 40 percent of my recent items, comes from Reader David. Many thanks.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  September 1, 2010; 10:51 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Nyjer Morgan charges the mound
Next: Rob Dibble talks about leaving MASN

Comments

The only way Snyder will ever earn the respect of the entire Redskins Nation is if he somehow ended up in a fight with Jerry Jones on the set--and knocked the old bastard out.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 1, 2010 11:49 PM | Report abuse

I dunno. I'd rather have Danny slug Papa John. His pizza's are terrible.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 2, 2010 12:44 AM | Report abuse

Next up: Snyder does a United Way commercial with bin Laden.

Posted by: disgruntledfan | September 2, 2010 6:52 AM | Report abuse

This makes me a rather queasy.

However, it's got nothing to do with the Redskins/Cowboys scuffle, it's just that both of these guys tend to sicken me on their own. The two of them combined is a recipe for hurling.

Posted by: Goat_74 | September 2, 2010 8:36 AM | Report abuse

This makes me a rather queasy.

Posted by: Goat_74 | September 2, 2010 8:36 AM | Report abuse

Add in PJ's awful pizza and you have a true puke fest.

Posted by: Bigfoot_has_a_posse | September 2, 2010 9:16 AM | Report abuse

Papa Johns still beats Pizza Hut and Domino's in terms of quality, not to mention Domino's supporting religious extremism. But no where near anything you can probably get from a local pie shop.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 2, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Blasphemy. George Allen and Jack Kent Cooke just turned over in their respective graves.........

Posted by: amontgomery1 | September 2, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

Dan certainly knows how to rub Skins fans the wrong way. I guess Dan's Jerri's boy, or protoge, or vacationing buddy. UGH

Posted by: Hattrik | September 2, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

are you f-ing kidding me... Snyder went to f-ing Dallas to lick his balls? WTF people... if you are going to do something like this make his ass come to you not the other way around.

I hope to hell that they have a part where they are also in D.C. or thats just messed up.

Steinberg have you seen the whole thing?

Posted by: franky4fingers | September 2, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

Pappa John's pizza sucks anyway. But if I ever DID buy it, after putting that little slime-bag yard gnome Snyder in a commercial I never would again.

Posted by: bethesdaguy | September 2, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Hello welcome to papa johns:

Yes, I'd like a pizza with two A**holes on it!

Ok you can have the snyder/jones special. it tastes like crap and costs 50 bucks just because they think so.

Posted by: jdb70 | September 2, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

So we've come from George Allen wanting to fight Tom Landry at mid-field, to Dan Snyder kissing Jerry Jones behind. Pathetic.

Posted by: poguesmahone | September 2, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

FEDEX FIELD = TRAILER PARK

Posted by: tyroneshoelaces | September 2, 2010 11:30 AM | Report abuse

Are you kidding?
Boycott Papa John's!

Posted by: Marshall_Law | September 2, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

I'm so ashamed.

Why is it I REALLY want a fourth picture?

One of Danny standing just out of Jones' view and wizzing into JJ's coffee mug while winking at the camera?

Posted by: ThinkingMan | September 2, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Well, ins't that special!? They are worse than the f-n "twins" now I can see why we will NEVER progress under Synder, NEVER! Maybe Bruce Allen should take Danny-boy to the shed and teach him a little respect for the Skins. F the Cowgirls, jerry jones, et al !!!

Posted by: aginsburg | September 2, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

Greasy, cheesy, tough to swallow. And then there are the pizzas.

Posted by: JohnnyU2Berry | September 2, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

"Next up: Snyder does a United Way commercial with bin Laden."

If there's money involved, he'd do it.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | September 2, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

I would rather eat sh*t and die than eat a pizza a COWGIRL sponsored. JJ you and your team will feel our wrath on judgement day 9/12/2010. HTTR!

Posted by: classicskins | September 2, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

It sucks.Didn't want to believe it but I guess rivalries are really only for the fans these days...

Posted by: Wizbullets88 | September 2, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Is that Riggin's brother in the red shirt delivering pizza?

Posted by: cabraman | September 2, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Well, that does it.

I wouldn't eat Papa John's pizza now if you paid me.

Mummy-face Jerry Jones and Idiot Dan Snyder are not exactly the best personalities to get 'Skins fans to buy stuff. Anything either of them is involved with is questionable, at best.

Meanwhile, hey, Dan Steinburg...

"Sports teams don't really hate each other, even hated rivals. For the most part, hated rivals crack jokes on Twitter, hug before and after games, hang out during the offseason and generally behave as civilized adults."

What the he!! are you talking about? If you think Cowboy-Redskins games are something to joke around with your Cowboy-fan buddies then you are writing articles in the wrong city.

Firstly, I don't have any Cowboy-fan buddies. Any Cowboy fans can kiss my butt.

Secondly, any Cowboy-fans that start making jokes about beating the 'Skins better have a couple of burly friends with them, because they are going to have a problem with me.

There is nothing fun or cute about the Redskins-Cowboys rivalry. I hate them! I'm not kidding!

If even half the current Redskins roster (and, apparently some WaPo bloggers) understood the rivalry as well as the fans do, the series might have been a little more even since Joe Gibbs left. Instead, now we have owners making commercials together, players having group hugs at the end of the game, and now Washington Post bloggers telling us this is just some kind of fun little hobby a couple of weekends a year.

No wonder this franchise has lost direction!

Kevin Olson
Manassas, VA

Posted by: noslok | September 2, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Right On Kevin Olson !!!

Mr. Steinberg - I'm not sure where you are from or to who your loyalties lie, but you DO NOT COMPREHEND the HATRED that true Redskin fans have towards the f'n Cowgirls. Just a fun game with their buddies? What?! If you are even half right about the Skin's player's feeling that way...I am devastated.

Posted by: VaBroker | September 2, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

Papa Johns is garbage pizza.

Posted by: DCFanatic | September 2, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

I think what the Bog was saying is that before games you see the two teams shaking hands and chatting each other up. The owners get together, the coaches who have worked together seek each other out and the players who played in college together. Do you remember Norv talking to Troy before Cowboy games? Same thing when Donovan plays the Eagles or Shanahan sees some of his old Broncos players. Gregg Williams did it when he came back with the Saints last year. BTW - Tony's Pizza in Manassas is the best !!!

Posted by: oconnra8 | September 2, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Am I the only one who doesn't think that guy in the middle in the first shot is Snyder? It doesn't look anything like him!

Posted by: messykat | September 2, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

GUMBY's PIZZAAAA!!!! FTW!!!!

Posted by: vmrg1974 | September 2, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

I think Snyder is cool. Of course, many others don't think so. Snyder's been humbling himself since last season's FedEx fiasco. And he's lost weight, apparently. "Civilized adults", I agree. Both are, after all, Americans. We shouldn't forget that. By the way, Jerry Jones and his Cowboys sucks. :)

Posted by: RedCherokee | September 2, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

some of you don't understand steinz's sarcasm very well..

Posted by: noahjacobs | September 2, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

God I hate Daniel Snyder. He's the most un-American bro ever.

Posted by: NatsandSkinsareclassclassclass | September 2, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

some of you don't understand steinz's sarcasm very well..

Posted by: noahjacobs | September 2, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

-----------------------------------

Bingo...

Posted by: arizona4 | September 2, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Why can't Danny sign with a pizza that's not gross? I can barely manage to eat PJ's if it's totally free.

Posted by: didnik | September 3, 2010 7:29 AM | Report abuse

Is that Czarniak in the last picture?

Posted by: WorstSeat | September 3, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

For a moment I thought the first picture was taken at Fed Ex Field... I mean, look in the background: THAT'S A REDSKINS SELLOUT!

Posted by: capscapscaps2 | September 4, 2010 1:44 AM | Report abuse