Ovechkin's Capital One vikings commercial

Put three seconds of video of Alex Ovechkin on the ice with Vikings, and the world goes mad. I got e-mails, Twitter alerts, and space rays from concerned aliens over night, asking about the new Capital One ad featuring vikings, vikings, vikings, vikings, vikings, and Alex Ovechkin checking a viking through the boards. I'll surely try to find out more, but in the meantime, here's the ad itself, via Russian Machine Never Breaks and the Puck Daddy tweet.

And say, shouldn't it almost be time for Round III of the Bruce Boudreau American Service Center spots?

By Dan Steinberg  |  September 1, 2010; 7:44 AM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lots of people at the Nats-Marlins game
Next: Virginia Tech's black FedEx Field uniforms

Comments

You had me at "What's in your wallet?"

Posted by: dcunitedfan3 | September 1, 2010 8:12 AM | Report abuse

great special effect there too with the breakaway glass.

Posted by: alex35332 | September 1, 2010 8:38 AM | Report abuse

I like the Ovie part, but Capital One has for years had the worst commercials on television. Locally, of course, Chevy Chase Bank was nearly as bad, so it's a beautiful match.

Posted by: bethesdaguy | September 1, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

The worst are Geico and Progressive. Flo needs to be checked through real glass, and will someone please step on the gecko?

Posted by: Leeguru | September 1, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

The characters in the Capital One commercials are visigoths, not vikings (I do consulting work for them and was informed of this distinction during a recent meeting). The commercial was filmed at the former Chevy Chase branch in South Riding about 6 weeks ago.

Posted by: TheOneWhoHurtsMost | September 1, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Saw it last night & got all excited when Ovie came on & delivered the punchline. Still, the cheesy Easterns Motors spots are in a class by themselves; they need to get Fat Albert in one.

Posted by: nonsensical2001 | September 1, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Haha, I was going to say they were Visigoths, too (I know someone who knows someone...)!

Posted by: EYoung77 | September 1, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

And my money was on the Ostrogoths...

Posted by: capsfan77 | September 1, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse