Redskins eighth in Fan Cost Index
The Redskins announced last January that they wouldn't be raising ticket prices for the fourth straight year, and as a result, the team's Fan Cost Index is also unchanged.
The NFL's average FCI -- a Team Marketing Report measure that includes "the price of four average-price general tickets, two small draft beers, four small soft drinks, four regular-size hot dogs, parking for one car, two game programs and two least-expensive, adult size adjustable caps" -- is $420.54. The Redskins, for the third straight year, come in at $441.43, which ranks eighth in the NFL. They are one of only nine teams above the league average, six of which made the playoffs a year ago.
I've had some local sports executive suggest that Team Marketing Report's data aren't always accurate, but these reports (which are PDFs, and can be seen here) are often cited, anyhow. More nuggets from this year's report, which came out late last week:
* The Redskins' average ticket price is $79.13, which ranks ninth in the NFL.
* The Redskins' average premium ticket price is $254.56, which also ranks ninth.
* The report says the cheapest draft beer at FedEx Field costs $7. Fourteen teams have a more expensive cheapest beer.
* The report says the cheapest soft drink at FedEx Field costs $4. Seventeen teams have a more expensive cheapest soft drink. (It's worth noting that the cheapest beer and soft drink are of different sizes in different stadiums, and the Redskins are on the bigger end, so their per-ounce price should be even lower than these rankings.)
* The report says a FedEx Field hot dog costs $5. That's good for a six-way tie for the fifth-most expensive NFL hot dog.
* The team probably fares worst in the parking category. FedEx Field parking runs $35, which is well above the league average of $25.92. Only five teams have more expensive parking.
Posted by: GeorgeTowner2 | September 21, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Kev29 | September 21, 2010 2:34 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: FeelWood | September 21, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: CByrd1 | September 21, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: ericroks | September 21, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: Barno1 | September 21, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: ericroks | September 21, 2010 4:38 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: bbmcoachk | September 21, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: matt555 | September 21, 2010 6:16 PM | Report abuse