Redskins fan heckles Romo during post-game interview

The hallways underneath FedEx Field are strange places after Redskins games. You never know who is down there, or why, or what they might say.

For example, when I got out of the stairwell Sunday night, Dale Earnhardt Jr. was right behind me, trying to find his courtesy car. Golly, but he looks small in person. Utilizing my years of journalism training, I came up with the perfect question. "So what'd you think of that?" I asked.

"I enjoyed it," he said, utilizing his years of answering-dumb-questions training. "Couldn't take too much of that, though."

Anyhow, apparently there were also some Redskins fans wandering those halls. Including the one heard here, shouting out "How 'bout those Dallas Cowgirls!" during Tony Romo's press availability.

If you're going to violate the terms of whatever hanging badge let you get down on that level, might as well be for something like this.

(Via Reader Ben D.)

By Dan Steinberg  |  September 13, 2010; 9:54 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ovechkin and McNabb's Capital One commercial
Next: Anti-Dallas, anti-Cowboys fashion statements

Comments

I did not see if he got a chance to play on offense, but Devin Thomas had a HUGE kick return to set up that last drive and field goal. He is not getting mentioned a lot in the news coverage but that was good to see especially since he does not appear to have cracked the regular WR rotation (I think Roydell was ahead of him last night).

Also, Byron Westbrook shows exactly why he made the team and not Justin Tryon!

Posted by: goose33 | September 13, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

ok, i'm all for an intense rivalry, but what that guy did was just unsportsmanlike. as a football player who lost often, i can't tell you how obnoxious that is. it hurts enough to lose that kind of game.

Posted by: j762 | September 13, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: j762 | September 13, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Pretty classless, much more suitable to a Philly fan (and, full disclosure, I detest the Cowboys). Hope that idiot gets his credentials pulled.

Posted by: wma98 | September 13, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Unsportsmanlike?

You mean like Harvey Martin throwing a funeral wreath in the Redskins' locker room at Texas Stadium?

Or Hollywood Henderson waving a Cowboys #1 towel in front of a network camera while losing a game 41-14 to the Redskins?

Yeah, nice when Cowboys' fans want to get off their chest their upset at how others deal their team..............

Posted by: RoyHobbs4 | September 13, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

I have no voice right now because after the game was over I yelled at every single Dallas fan I could find: "You're not from Dallas and you know it. Take that jersey off!"

Guess I was 'unsportsmanlike' too.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 13, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, because to root for a team you have to have lived from where that team is from. Have to, it's in the "rules for fandom handbook"

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 13, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

Normally you have some connection tho right Poopy? You live in Cali now but you remain a Redskins/Terps/O's fan because you're from Maryland.

There are exceptions, of course. For example if you have a parent that is from a city and they brought you up to be a fan of their favorite team. However, I should caution you or anyone else that would defend the plethora of Cowboys fans that were born and raised in the DC area. They are generally not good people and only chose to root for the Cowboys because they hate the excitement and joy that everyone else around them enjoyed while being a Skins fan in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. They want to be different. They want to antagonize. Trust me, I know quite a few of them...The ones that grew up here but chose to be Cowboys fans--they really are losers, usually.

Posted by: Barno1 | September 13, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

Sure, but lets just play a hypothetical....

Lets say the 'Skins come out here to play the 49ers/Raiders/Chargers/Cardinals.

I head out to the game in my Art Monk jersey. At the game I run into the west-coast version of barno1 who keeps yelling at me that "You're not from Washington and you know it. Take that jersey off!"

Of course we know what is said about people who make assumptions and I go on my merry way, knowing the heckler is just wrong.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 13, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Also I have really no connection to Denver or Atlanta but more often than not I do like to see the Avalanche, Braves, and Falcons win.

But I guess that's not allowed?

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | September 13, 2010 5:33 PM | Report abuse

You can root for whoever you want to Poop, I ain't mad at ya. As for yesterday, I heard many a "I'm from (Rockville, Arlington, Fairfax etc) so what?" but I did not hear any "actually, I am from Dallas and live here now." There are, of course, some Dallas fans that are originally from Dallas and currently living in the DC area, but I am not concerned with them. My issue is with the losers who grew up here and decided they wanted to be Cowboys fans for reasons that are less than admirable, much less 'sportsmanlike'

Posted by: Barno1 | September 13, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse