Charles Barkley in a McNabb jersey

In July, Charles Barkley promised he'd wear a Donovan McNabb jersey to Lincoln Financial Field this season to support his friend.

"And I hope it's snowing, and we can make snowballs, and I can throw 'em right back at em, too. I can't wait. I can't wait to come," he told NBC 10.

Last week, he repeated that promise on Philly radio. Via the Skins Blog:

"I wanna personally thank Mr. Daniel Snyder for sending me my Donovan McNabb Redskins jersey. And I cannot wait....The Redskins are gonna win the game. I got a lotta love for Michael Vick and the Eagles, but when they traded my boy, I'm a Redskin fan now. And I can't wait to get to the game Sunday."

The man was true to his word, anyhow.

(Photos via @elbendera, The 700 Level, @AvaAmmoscato, @BxBomber12, and The Big Lead.)

By Dan Steinberg  | October 4, 2010; 11:59 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Meet Lord Romo, Super Cowboys Fan
Next: Shanahan tells Redskins McNabb was "fired"

Comments

Chuck has lost weight

Posted by: Barno1 | October 4, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

This is anything but turrible

Posted by: epostell | October 4, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Taking Vick out early was the best possible thing for the 'Skins' chances today. They were thoroughly mediocre on offense, defense, special teams, and coaching decisions. I'll take it I guess for now, but I don't come away from this game any more optimistic about the Redskins, or McNabb. 8 wins in the last 28...

Posted by: ThisGuy | October 3, 2010 7:35 PM | Report abuse

Barno presents...Real Men of Genius

Today we salute you, Mr. I-Don't-Enjoy-It-When-My-Team-Wins-Guy. (Mr. I-Don't-Enjoy-It-When-My-Team-Winssss-Guy!) Unlike most fans, you know that a win is not a win, unless it's by 65 points or more. While everyone around you is celebrating, you know that your team isn't winning the next 5 championships, so what's the point of even getting excited (Oh I hate my life!). So get on the blogs and demand new coaches and players after every win, and drink up an ice cold bud light as we salute you....Mr. I-Don't-Enjoy-It-When-My-Team-Wins-Guy.

Posted by: Barno1 | October 4, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

SAAAAAAAAAALLLLUTE!

Posted by: AtomicOvermind | October 4, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

That's actually pretty darn inspired, Barno. Well done.

Posted by: stevie_in_gp | October 4, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

At this point Wilbon and Kornheiser can wear McNabb jersey's too right? They're not journalists anymore so no more impartiality needs to be displayed.

Points to Charles, he was good to his word.

Posted by: M__N | October 4, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

Gotta love Barno copy/pasting his oh-so-funny-clever-and-original "real men" post in multiple blogs like Terp Insider and here. Probably posted it in Redskins Insider somewhere too and probably on Wizars Insider and Natinals Journal.

Posted by: Poopy_McPoop | October 4, 2010 6:25 PM | Report abuse

Hey Poopy,
I re-posted the song just once, from Terp Insider where I originally wrote it, to here. I thought the fact that both the Skins and Terps had key division wins this weekend, and both fanbases still had some unhappy fans, made that song seem apropos. I didn't mean to offend you (and I didn't post it to redskins insider, or nats, or wiz insider or any of those places you mentioned).

Sorry you didn't find it funny or clever as others seemed to Poopy. That might be because it's a little over your head though. Remember, despite all your efforts, you still haven't yet made that oh-so elusive "relevant point" that we've been waiting for all these years. One day Poop, it is coming. I promise you can do it if you keep trying. I believe in you Poop.

Posted by: Barno1 | October 4, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse

I wish Barno1 and Poopy_McPoop would get a room.

Posted by: fitzge | October 5, 2010 8:01 AM | Report abuse

Barkley isn't afraid of any Eagle fans like so many people around the league that are afraid to wear an opposing teams jersey to Philly.

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | October 5, 2010 10:32 AM | Report abuse