Nats new uniforms to go on sale Nov. 11
As reported in this very space, in an item that almost approached the traditional journalistic form of news-gathering, the Nationals will unveil their new uniforms on Nov. 10. The team sent out a release on Wednesday, announcing the details. There are several noteworthy nuggets.
* "The glitz and glamour of the fashion runway is coming to Nationals Park," is how the release begins.
* The fashion show is scheduled to include Tyler Clippard, Ian Desmond, Pudge, Drew Storen, Ryan Zimmerman and Jordan Zimmermann. Mike Rizzo "is also expected to make an appearance." All names subject to change.
* This is an "invitation-only affair." I'm pretty sure I'm invited.
* The following day, Nov. 11, the jerseys will be for sale exclusively at the Nats Park team store, where there will also be autograph signings from 11:30 until 2. That will apparently be D.C.'s only retail location selling the jerseys until Nov. 17.
* Customers will receive 15 percent off the price of any new Nats jersey when they trade in any existing MLB jersey at the team store through Dec. 1.
| October 27, 2010; 2:03 PM ET
Save & Share: Previous: Leonsis says he's "punting" on Wizards name change
Next: Is Jason Chimera the NHL's fastest skater?
Posted by: wahoo2x | October 27, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: FeelWood | October 27, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: FeelWood | October 27, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: NattyFan | October 27, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: bbmcoachk | October 27, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: arlingtonJAM | October 27, 2010 4:54 PM | Report abuse