Feinstein suggests Shanahan should be fired

By Dan Steinberg

Things I would never have predicted:

1) Week 2 of the Cardio Affair would be treated with even more apocalyptic rhetoric than Week 1.

2) Eight games into Mike Shanahan's tenure, John Feinstein would be calling for his dismissal.

3) I would ever embed video clips from Washington Post Live Extra on my blog.

And yet here you have a three-for-one.

"The situation with Shanahan and McNabb has gotten completely out of control," Feinstein says, above. "Shanahan simply won't say 'I made a mistake. I got mad at Donovan, I put Rex Grossman in the game and it was a mistake.' Instead, the first spin is that he doesn't know the terminology of the two-minute offense, i.e. he's stupid. The next day, it's, well, his cardiovascular, he's out of shape, i.e. he's fat. Now, he's leaking to Chris Mortensen -- who is culpable in this, too, because I guarantee he didn't call Donovan McNabb for a response -- that we had to cut the playbook in half because of McNabb.

"I think there's racial coding going on here, and it's my belief that that kind of behavior is worth firing a coach for. Dan Snyder's not gonna do it, but I think it's out of control."

"Players look at what happens to top players," said Brian Mitchell, seated on Feinstein's right, since it's hard to be left of Feinstein. "He already went through the situation with Albert Haynesworth, which I think should have started, but he went too far with it. Now you're doing the same thing with Donovan McNabb. When guys are free agents, do they want to come and play for you?....You see one classy guy in this situation, and another guy that's showing no class at all."

Oh yeah, Tuesday is also McNabb's day to address the media who pay for him to address them, which should be fun.

(Note: I'm actually having trouble getting this video to embed properly, but you can watch it here.)

By Dan Steinberg  | November 9, 2010; 8:58 AM ET
Categories:  Media, Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Mike Knuble vows to sacrifice a goat
Next: John Wall Dance makes Monday Night Football

Comments

I think Feinstein should be fired. He is a complete JackA$$.

The only thing that spews out of his negative mouth is crap against the Skins no matter who the coach or players or record Feinstein talks nothing but negative crap.

Posted by: gixxer998 | November 9, 2010 9:11 AM | Report abuse

To suggest race has anything to do with Shanahan's ridiculous decision to pull McNabb is absurd. Shanahan's refusal to admit to a mistake is due to his God complex.

Posted by: pearlbullets | November 9, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

*had

Posted by: pearlbullets | November 9, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

I firmly believe that even a blind man throwing darts will hit the board 50% of the time. Following that same logic, I end up agreeing with Feinstein about 50% of the time. This is NOT one of those times.

I really can't see how benching McNabb is a racial incident, as Feinstein and others would have you believe. Maybe its because I'm lilly white; maybe its because I'm in a much lower tax bracket; or maybe, just maybe, its because there simply isn't a racial component.

I think PearlBullets hit the nail on the head; Shanny has a GOD complex. He believes he is the be-all end-all, and in theory, the coach SHOULD be that. However, the coach SHOULD also be smart enough not to bench the offense's star player in the middle of arguably the most important two minutes yet to occur in the season. He was wrong in doing what he did, plain and simply. He further compounded that error by making up excuse after excuse for doing so. And now, the garbage that Mortensen is spewing out (and it is garbage, because I cannot imagine that McNabb was somehow able to grasp the 5,000,000 passing plays in Reid's playbook but can't grasp Shanny Jr.'s playbook), simply makes Shanny look like an imbecile.

My God, where's Bill Cowher when you need him?

Posted by: RCBJr | November 9, 2010 9:37 AM | Report abuse

My God, where's Bill Cowher when you need him?

Posted by: RCBJr | November 9, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

I don't know about the racial angle. However, Donavan is not a dumb guy by no stretch. I have to question why the need to make calculated moves to make look bad. A total lack of respect from Shanahan.

Posted by: illslope | November 9, 2010 9:43 AM | Report abuse

Feinstein would rather talk about high school field hockey than the Redskins. He only does so grudgingly when cornered with a question in a venue that he can't get out of by throwing in some crap about college hoops. Therefore any comments by him about the Skins are going to be delivered in that negative, acerbic and squeaky tone so typical to Jr.

Posted by: yampaco | November 9, 2010 9:48 AM | Report abuse

Dumbest idea yet.

Posted by: sbdc2 | November 9, 2010 9:52 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrWillie | November 9, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

And replace him with who? Wade Phillips? Jim Zorn? KYLE Shanahan? Feinstein should stop being a reactionary blowhard and go back to his books. I'll take a senior moment from MS as long as it means making the playoffs and providing some stability to the franchise. These are virtues that apparently are less important than hurting the feelings of a QB who is not following the playbook.

Posted by: Diamondback1 | November 9, 2010 10:09 AM | Report abuse

FIRING SHANAHAN...WHAT A STUPID IDEA COMING FROM A SMART MAN.
THERE IS NO PROFILING GOING ON...THAT IS ABSURD ON THE FACE OF IT. MITCHELL HAS A HISTORY OF BEING RACIST HIMSELF...AND HAS USED RACISM BY COACHES AS A REASON INSTEAD OF FACING THE FACT THAT A GUY WAS JUST NOT GETTING HIS JOB DONE.
FACTS..ALBERT GOT PAID 21 MILLION DOLLARS IN ONE CHECK...THEN DECIDED NOT TO SHOW UP TO LEARN THE NEW SYSTEM. EVERY OTHER TEAM MEMBER WAS PRESENT. THE PROBLEMS WERE ALL ON HAYNSWORTH. REMEMBER..PORTIS DOING WHAT HE WANTED UNDER ZORN. THE HEAD COACH HAS TO SET THE TONE FOR ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
BY THE PLAYERS. ALSO..PLAY THE GUYS THAT SHOWED UP, AND WENT THROUGH ALL THE TRAINING AND CONDITIONING. ALBERT SHOWED UP OUT OF SHAPE..AND IGNORANT OF HIS ROLLIN THE DEFENSE.
DONOVAN...SIMPLY. HAS PLAYED POORLY MOST OF THE TIME..AND HIS NUMBERS REFLECT IT.
I`M SURE MIKE WAS PISSED AT HIS PERFORMANCE..AND SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID SO.
THAT WAS HIS ONLY ERROR. HOW CAN A SMART PERSON..SUGGEST FIRING BECAUSE OF THESE TWO CASES. SEEMS MOST OF THE TEAM LIKES WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE TEAM.

Posted by: blazerguy234 | November 9, 2010 10:10 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | November 9, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

"The majority of the perceived Redskin's circus is propagated by journalists too lazy to develop and deliver a unique story."

Posted by: clandestinetomcat

Well said....Now let's talk about the Eagles...

Posted by: MrWillie

Mr. Willie....here is a fact that you may not know....The Cowboys are not a uniting force in Dallas either....I know several people who live there, who have told me that there are many who HATE the team...and not one ounce of it has to with this season...goes back to 1961.....people in DC who are Cowboys fans I have found for the most part to be most unintelligent sports fans around....I am a DC native like you (I am assuming)....so what is your alternative to naming the team....every sports name alienates some group...I HATE the name Wizards but it still exists....

Posted by: ejharrisjr40 | November 9, 2010 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: clandestinetomcat

Well said....Now let's talk about the Eagles...

Posted by: MrWillie

Posted by: ejharrisjr40 | November 9, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

nice zing Dan!

Posted by: jwattVT | November 9, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

The onus is on McNabb to produce now on Monday night. If he doesn't then Shanahan is correct. C'mon McNabb show us something.

Posted by: thorhero | November 9, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: thorhero | November 9, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

---------------------------------

Agreed. He, either, proves Shanahan terribly wrong or he makes Shanahan look like a genius and proves him right. The onus is on McNabb to do something with this opportunity...

Posted by: arizona4 | November 9, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Holy Moses, the race card already? Where is Wilbon when you need him. If McNabb is dumb, he is dumb. If he is unable to learn the plays, he is unable to learn the plays. How do you get the race card out of this one? I thought Feinstein had some brains. Guess HE is pretty dumb after all.

Posted by: KDSmallJr | November 9, 2010 11:08 AM | Report abuse

First of all, John Feinstein's contract needs to be terminated by the Washington Post effective immediately. This is a no-brainer and does not require much deliberation. Second of all, the WaPost Live clip above does not show all of Feinstein comments. He went on to say in the full show last night that he is not one to play the race card but that he believes Mike Shanahan is behaving like a racist.

Feinstein has abused his position with the Washington Post for years and years, spewing baseless, and borderline slanderous, attacks against the Washington Redskins.

Just a sample of John Feinstein's recent comments about the Redskins:

-"The Redskins, who were last taken seriously in the NFL in 1991, have shamelessly milked the death of Sean Taylor as if his tragic shooting is something worth reminding people about every chance they get. They act as though 'honoring' Taylor's name and number by brandishing it publicly is some kind of badge of courage or dignity."

-On the Skins inducting Sean Taylor into the Ring of Fame: "Two days after Burress's shooting, the Washington Redskins staged yet another maudlin tribute to the late Sean Taylor...The re-writing of Taylor's life story since his death has been remarkable -- Nelson Mandela and Jackie Robinson had nothing on him"

-"One year ago it was written here that if Dan Snyder and Joe Gibbs really wanted to see some good come from the tragedy, they would use their money and influence to lobby for stricter gun laws. Of course, that never happened. Gibbs went into a series of evangelical rants about how Taylor's death was saving souls on the Redskin"

-"There is gloom again in the Snyder-ville. Do I sound a bit giddy? You bet."

-"I've said it before and I've said it again: Dan Snyder can't lose enough."

-"There is a unique sense of entitlement that surrounds the Redskins; that players seem to think they're special and fans "always think the Redskins simply SHOULD be good..."

-"The Washington Redskins have become the Saturday Night Live routine of the NFL...It is a joke."

-First and only public figure to call for a Redskins boycott: "DON'T go to the game Sunday. I'm serious about this. If you really want to send a message to the owner, stop calling radio talk shows, stop sending e-mails to this show, and DON'T GO on Sunday. Don't give the guy your money for parking, for concessions. Tell him how upset you are by staying home and watching the game on television. They ought to just stay home....DON'T GO. STAY HOME AND WATCH THE GOOD GAMES. DON'T GO!"

-"The Redskins have made a mockery of the Rooney Rule"

-"I think there's racial coding going on here, and it's my belief that that kind of behavior is worth firing a coach for"

Posted by: Barno1 | November 9, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: MrWillie | November 9, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

This has to be the most ignorant comment I have ever read on the DC Sports Bog.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 9, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

oh, for crying out loud.

Posted by: SadieV | November 9, 2010 11:23 AM | Report abuse

"The Redskins are notoriously known as one of the most racist organizations in all of sports history. From George Preston Marshall and being the last NFL team to integrate. From the way Snyder has treated Bobby Michell as well as ruining this franchise. Just look at the teams racist Nickname for crying out loud. Why has this not been addressed or why hasn't the organization reached out to Native American groups if they are so called "honoring them." The unbelievable amount of African Americans from the district who are Dallas Cowboys fans speaks for itself. It is not like this in any other city. Most pro teams unite people of all race and background for the sake of hometown pride. The Redskins seem to divide the DC area with their poor ownership. Facts are facts folks!" This is one of the classic ignorant arguments for being a cowboys fan in DC. The fact is that the redskins probably have more African Americans on their roster than 90% of the NFL. The term "redskins" is no longer viewed as a native American in this situation, it's a football team with a long tradition. And why are all the haters choosing the Cowboys to be their team if it's a racial thing? Have you ever met a "real" Cowboy fan from Dallas......I have met many through my travels and they aren't quite as open minded as you might imagine.

Posted by: SkinsWins | November 9, 2010 11:31 AM | Report abuse

Looks like the Washington Post is hitting its mid-season form. You can feel the Redskins hate dripping from every article. Nothing like a home town paper, bent on crushing the one thing people actually like in DC.

Good job Washington Post, good job.

Posted by: Duckus | November 9, 2010 11:34 AM | Report abuse

Actually, Feinstein has said many times that he hates the Redskins and Snyder, so he has no credibility. Not that he does any way. He's another one of these obnoxious ex-Posties that Steinberg is so enamored with.

Posted by: poguesmahone | November 9, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Redskins? I've been a fan since the 50s. But I gotta say that since Snyder has owned this team, it has been a circus. Only the clowns change from year to year. No, I am not a Snyder-hater. He simply hasn't shown me that he as learned how to be an top-tier owner in the NFL.

Feinstein may not be spot on that Shannahan's actions are intentionally racial in nature, but, put together, his comments certainly have that aroma. That said, I'll give Shannahan the benefit of the doubt for now. Face it; his reasons for pulling McNabb have changed from day to day and range from the dubious to outright silly. What's to keep him from continuing to make ignorant, ill-advised comments on this issue?

I thought the Redskins had finally gotten some grown-ups to operate the club. Maybe not. Still time in the season to right the ship....we'll see.

Posted by: prestoj | November 9, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

It is racial when a coach/boss expresses his views in public to undervalue, underestimate, and marginalized his player. Why would McNabb stay in Washington, if the coach publicly humilate him.

This was low and it does boarder on the side of racist.

McNabb will not be in Washington next year along with the 2nd round pick that cost the skins.

Posted by: stoic555 | November 9, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

This was low and it does boarder on the side of racist.

Posted by: stoic555 | November 9, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

why is it that the majority of whites almost never see racism? they are always in denial,until it happens to them,or a particular race that is so close to white that you cant tell the difference.the truth of the matter is that WE ALL harbor a smidgen of racism,bias and bigotry.its a human condition-period!and to deny it is absurd.i have said all along from day one that this coach and his staff is no good,and especially not good for this team.they were all,(except for kyle) fired fron previous jobs,but danny being danny,went for the ole name splasheroo once again-shanahan!this shanny guy just does not have it,its like the nfl has passed his up in age self and system on by.i agree,he should be fired,but danny is probably looking to milk the situation a little more,be cause he relishes the pub that this dysfunctional franchise is getting.so for all of you -in shanny we trust believers,you are in for one monster of a crash and burn.remember,billydee told you so.oh,i forgot to mention,these guys aren't even good liars!

Posted by: billydee123 | November 9, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

feinstein go get a burger and fries you hater! your fat @$$ has always hated on the skins so who cares what you think!!

Posted by: clwalker1906 | November 9, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | November 9, 2010 10:13 AM | Report abuse

Excellent point, god i've felt that way forever, clark judge, don banks, feinstein, sally jenkins, len pasquerelli (sic) You could go on forever, bunch of lazy ass reporters punching a clock. That being said, peyton manning would look like dog doo if steph heyer was prtecting his right side for the majority of the time, rabach getting blown up by DT's doesn't help either. they shouldnt have done the mcnabb trade with this O line

Posted by: drewkinnear | November 9, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

It is amazing how people just wait for the chance to blame the owner for everything. Do players and coaches hold any responsibility? How is Snyder blamed for Shanahan benching McNabb? It was Shanahan's decision and he will reap the consequences (fired, reprimanded, etc by Snyder). On 106.7 The Fan Junkies this morning, they mentioned how the play of the Cowboys were not all Wade Phillips' fault. But when the Skins tanked last year, it was all Zorn. People take inconsistent views when they should just admit their biases. Feinstein is incapable of complimenting the Redskins. Just ignore him.

Posted by: tramellcanady | November 9, 2010 12:20 PM | Report abuse

I'm cool with his observation

If this were Zorn, most folks who support Shanny would not support Zorn under similar circumstances.

This guy has made 3 different claims to support his move and hardly any prognosticator, analysts, etc. has agreed with most calling him out for such ridiculous actions.

Why excuse his scatterbrain reasoning? Because he won 2 SB's? The owner he won them for FIRED him.

He can make a lineup change, ok.

But throw your starting QB under the bus 3 times in the process? No way.

Then, no mention of the porous OLine issues that remain from last year? Even a novice can see that 'Pale Ale' can't block worth a &*#@ so why is Dock not given a shot?

This isn't gonna end well

Posted by: kahlua87 | November 9, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan would play Satan at qb if it would get him a win. His judgment was clouded in Detroit by being behind the Lions in the last two minutes.

Posted by: flynnie321 | November 9, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Why would anyone give a crap what Feinstein says? He is just stating his idiotic opinion and showing his ignorance on the situation. He has no idea of what is going on in the locker room, the playing field, or the conversations between a coach and a player; his opinion is based on assumptions pulled from his rear end hole.
The racist card is played too often by apologist and black sport writers (bobbleheads) in the DC martket. Give me a freaking break.

Posted by: hock1 | November 9, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

that should have been "a FEW black sports commentators ..." Like Mitchell and Thompson.

Posted by: hock1 | November 9, 2010 12:33 PM | Report abuse

Really, who cares about this Feinstein's opinion, one thing is certain, he doesn't like the Washington Redskins.

Posted by: VegasJim | November 9, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Racial coding? I think Mr Feinstein should be asked why he thinks all blacks are fat, lazy and stupid. I mean, that is what he is saying right....I think he assumes those stereotypes, not me.

Posted by: j751 | November 9, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

The real question in keeping Shanahan is whether he's too much of a perfectionist jerk who will ultimately take the heart out of the team like he did to Jake Plummer. Same reason he was fired in Denver. It's too soon to tell. I had no problem w/firing Schottzy because he tried to run off Darrell Green first day of training camp and purposely lost a MNF game to impose his West Coast system(to the great puzzlement of John Madden, who thought you played the game to win.) His ego got him fired in San Diego w/ a 14-2 record. Like Davey Johnson announcing that he would be the one to end Cal's streak. A just doom descended. With the 'Skins O-line, Shanny's lucky he's had Donovan this long. I fear that the Eagles D, lusting for revenge for Vick, is going to have Shanny remembering fondly when he had Donovan as a qb, and calling Grossman's wife and mother.

Posted by: flynnie321 | November 9, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

This is Feinstein's thought process.....Shanahan benched McNabb. Since Shanahan benched McNabb, he doesn't like McNabb. McNabb is black. Therefore, since Shanahan does not like McNabb, that makes him racist since McNabb is black.......

Well at least this idiotic thought process has created an entertaining debate while I'm bored at work.

We are 4-4, last time I checked, that is better than last year, please don't fire anyone, please don't cut or bench anyone, please keep things the way they are until the off-season, I would like to think we have a chance to win week to week, unlike last year. PLEASE!

Posted by: SkinsWins | November 9, 2010 1:01 PM | Report abuse

And let's not even think about how this O-line keeps a QB alive and functioning against the Giants. One thing #5 has proven this year is courage, absolute, reckless courage.

Posted by: flynnie321 | November 9, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

John 'Junior' Feinstein in the Washington Post - Abolish the 2nd Amendment

By Joshua Sharf | December 02, 2008

I've been a fan of John Feinstein's sports writing for years. Not so much of his political writing. Today's Washington Post carries a sterling example of the latter, masquerading as the former.

As some of you may have heard, New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress carried an unlicensed handgun into a New York nightclub (is there any other kind of handgun for a private citizen in New York?), and put himself on the disabled list by shooting himself in the leg.

This is the latest in a series of gun-related, ah, fumbles by NFL players in recent months, and Feinstein uses it as an excuse to call for repeal of the 2nd Amendment, and to launch a broadside at those who might disagree.

"Now, let's not start screaming about the Second Amendment. To begin with, the amendment should be abolished -- a sensible interpretation of the amendment is that it was written to allow the people to raise a militia for protection and to hunt for food. Clearly no one needs to raise a militia these days, and those who hunt for a living can be licensed to do so.

"It would be nice if President-elect Obama had the time to focus his energies on repeal of the Second Amendment, but he first has to deal with a broken economy and the incredibly wrong-headed war started by his predecessor. What's more, the issue of gun rights causes almost as much screaming from the right as abortion rights, the irony being that those yelling the loudest about the right to life are usually those yelling almost as loud about their right to carry weapons that kill."

Barring that, he says, the NFL should make it a condition of employment that no player can own a handgun. This, because protection even in their own homes is something that NFL players apparently can't be trusted with. To get there, he has to revisit the death of Sean Taylor, who had gotten himself on the straight and narrow just in time to be killed in his own house by what I would presume to be former...associates.

It's not worth arguing the 2nd Amendment with someone who lives near DC but who evidently hasn't bothered to read or understand the Heller case. But the juvenalia on display in the second paragraph could have appeared, word for word, in the Cavalier Daily 25 years ago when I was in school. And probably did.

Imagine a conservative sportswriter writing a column about the evils of McCain-Feingold, the abuses of Title IX (coming to a physics department near you), or the joys of limited government, and in the bargain, questioning man-made climate change and accusing Obama of socialist tendencies. I'm sure it happens every once in a long while, and when politics creeps into sports talk radio, it does tend to be from both sides. But for some reason, the print guys tend to think their columns are a license to shill for the Left.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 9, 2010 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Remember it was Shanny that brought McNabb here. Was he a racist then? Or is it that #5's poor performance game in game out makes Shanny racist?

Posted by: rjregan | November 9, 2010 1:14 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: billydee123 | November 9, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

According to virtually every survey of racial attitudes taken over the last several decades, only about 10 percent of whites report generally unfavorable views of blacks. In a 2007 Pew Research Center poll, the relevant figure stood at 8 percent—lower, interestingly enough, than the percentage of blacks reporting similarly negative views of their fellow blacks.

One thing remains clear, though: in surveys assessing racial attitudes among all groups, non-whites display consistently less favorable attitudes toward each other and toward whites than whites display toward blacks and other minority groups. One such survey, taken in the mid-1990’s, found blacks and Hispanics significantly more likely than whites to regard Asians as hostile to non-Asians and as “crafty in business,” while both Asians and Hispanics were likelier than whites to think that blacks “like living on welfare” and “can’t get ahead on their own.” Nor have inter-minority stereotypes changed much since then. A 2007 poll found that a plurality of blacks would rather do business with whites than with either Hispanics or Asians.

This does not mean that blacks never face discrimination. It does mean that we have put in place rigorous public policies to combat discrimination and to punish those who choose to ignore or violate them. Indeed, insofar as race still plays a role in setting government policy, it is now used for the exclusive purpose of granting preference to blacks—and, to a somewhat lesser degree, Hispanics—in employment, government contracting, and college admissions.

Taken from: http://www.commentarymagazine.com/viewarticle.cfm/let-us-by-all-means-have-an-honest-conversation-about-race-11379

Posted by: Barno1 | November 9, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: billydee123 | November 9, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

As against the 10 percent or fewer of American whites who hold negative views of blacks, the same mid-1990’s survey of intergroup attitudes cited above registered over three-quarters of blacks holding negative views of whites.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 9, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

"I think Feinstein should be fired. He is a complete JackA$$."

Agree completely.

"Remember it was Shanny that brought McNabb here."

True, but maybe McNabb is everything Philly thought he was when they traded him. I haven't read one thing about that in all of this.

Barno has no penis.

- Ray

Posted by: rmcazz | November 9, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Look McNabb is playing like Arse in the clutch situations . . . period. Third down and two minute offense. And Shanny got tired. He has a choice, throw McNabb under the bus or do his song and dance. He chose song and dance.

Bottom line, Donovan has to play better and he won't be here because Shanny won't want him. Not because he will have a choice.

Posted by: cwhiteco | November 9, 2010 1:32 PM | Report abuse

Redskins are ahead by 5 points. Be nice to get a first down - and not rely on defense to once again save the day. BUT - that is NO EXCUSE for throwing into triple coverage hoping your guy might catch it. STUPID PLAY by McNabb. Rookie mistake. Get the yardage or throw it away, and let the defense have the full length of the field to defend. It's not racial, it's not cardio-vascular, it has nothing to do with the playbook -- its game sense - which usually a 12 yr veteran has.
Shanahan should have just said - I was totally pissed off by that brain dead play, and his inability to hit the short passes. I think he should have left McNabb in (or never traded for him). It's not racist - just BAD play by McNabb, BAD coaching decision and TERRIBLE explanation.

Posted by: humbleandfree | November 9, 2010 1:34 PM | Report abuse

"the irony being that those yelling the loudest about the right to life are usually those yelling almost as loud about their right to carry weapons that kill." -John Feinstein

Now I'm no Pro-Life activist, but if I was I'm pretty sure I would die of laughter at the irony of Feinstein not realizing the irony of his ironic statement making fun of the irony of others.

To put it another way, Pro-Lifers would likely point out to Feinstein that those crying loudest about banning weapons that kill are usually the ones yelling almost as loud about the right to terminate the lives of babies in the womb.

Ah the irony, eh Johnny?

Posted by: Barno1 | November 9, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse

Racial what? I laughed out loud when I read that. What a complete imbecile Feinstein is for even intimating that. The only reason this is remaining an issue is because the media is keeping it an issue. McNabb and Shanahan have moved on.

Posted by: AsstGM | November 9, 2010 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: AsstGM | November 9, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

What a complete load of Media fueled BS......way to go Feinstein...now you have the yahoos on 106.7 The Fan discussing it.

Thank god I have Satellite Radio so I don't have to hear all this dreck.

Posted by: GoonieGooGoo | November 9, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

I'm pretty sure I read on the Redskins site today that Shanny told the team it's up to him to make decisions like that and he makes mistakes too. I don't fault the coach for doing something, but I feel the O line was more of a problem that day than McNabb was. One game....it's over....move on.

Feinstein should be fired and banned from the media for suggesting it was racial.

Posted by: jdumb | November 9, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

make john thompson the new coach...then he can get rid of all the white dudes!

Posted by: OldSalt8 | November 9, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

redskins should hire john thompson as the new hc

Posted by: Snyderratostinks | November 9, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Thompson couldn't handle the job.

Posted by: jdumb | November 9, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

I agree - Feinstein has missed the mark on this one. Was Shanahan's seemingly dumb decision to bench McNabb compounded by his 3 poorly construed explanations? Yes. However, this wouldn't even be a story any more if the media didn't keep bringing it up over and over and over. If last week wasn't a bye week and the Skins had played a game, there would be something else to talk about. Since there was no game, they're going to keep fanning the flames until post-game next Monday. Shanahan did come out and admit he handled it poorly. What else does everyone want? Donovan is staying above board and saying all the right things - that's what he did in Philly and what I would expect him to do here. He is a class guy. Like others have said, now more blowhards on the radio are taking this and running with it. Sheesh. I listen to Lavar and Dukes periodically, but when they led the show with this and immediately dove into the deep end of the pool without looking to make sure it actually had water in it, I had to turn it off.

Posted by: putt4par | November 9, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

I don't care whether Shanahan admits he screwed up to the press or the fans, as long as he knows her screwed up & will learn from it. The game was over the second he took McNabb out & I hope he knows it.

The rest of the junk Shanahan is saying is just noise.

Posted by: nyskinsdiehard | November 9, 2010 3:08 PM | Report abuse

Feinstein is a jerk (at least) to make such a horrible accusation. It's one thing to call a coach on his decisions, but quite another to label him racist.

Posted by: shanks1 | November 9, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

It is amazing that some of these guys actually get paid to write junk like this. Feinstein is an idiot. I guess someone like that writes this cr*p to get attention. Well, I guess it works.

Posted by: Club33 | November 9, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

I guess only people on the left are good honest truthful people. Skins need a MAN as head coach who cares about the organization top to bottom. Russ Grimm should of been given a shot, it will never happen because all coaches and players would be in it together to fight to win or loss together. Case Closed.

Posted by: CTaylor42 | November 9, 2010 3:33 PM | Report abuse

I do not agree Feinstein's idea that Shanahan should be dismissed. Shanahan could've dealt with the McNabb situation
more tactfully. After all he traded for
Mcnabb, "buyer beware". McNabb is the
best option right now. there needs to be
give and take b/w the two.

Posted by: madalao | November 9, 2010 3:34 PM | Report abuse

Please...Mr. Feinstein...confine your comments, opinions, and diatribe to Tiger's dietary consumption during the PGA tour. For you to suggest that Shanahan's decision to bench McNabb was racially motivated boarders on the insane. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that race had anything to do with the benching, nor has Coach Shanahan done anything in the past which would lead one to believe otherwise. You are a sensationalist...trying to make something of nothing...literally! Stick to golf...Tiger needs you!

Posted by: rmltenniscoach | November 9, 2010 3:41 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: rmltenniscoach | November 9, 2010 3:43 PM | Report abuse

John who?

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | November 9, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Don't fire Shanahan. He just needs some help. Hire Phillips. He will fit in nicely with the Deadskin insanity. Right, Danny?

Posted by: sameolddoc | November 9, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse

I'm all for FIRING Shanahan...just make sure it's the right one...KYLE is the BUM...and more and more i think he gave the order to take out McNabb..and Daddy Dearest had to cover, badly i might add, for his dumb a**.......

Grossman is a backup to be used ONLY when a catastrophic injury has happened to QB 1....and the Lions game did not meet that criteria.....Nor should an immobile QB have been inserted behind an O line that was allowing a jail break on every down....

Posted by: GRIMReaper55 | November 9, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

The reason this story has "legs" is because Shannahan leaked information to Chris Mortensen(ESPN)to try to shift the blame to McNabb by implying that a)McNabb didn't know the play book, b)McNabb was out of shape, c)McNabb couldn't run the 2 minute offense, then Mortensen went on the radio here in Atlanta and basically backed Shannahan and his son Kyle by saying that McNabb had been in Shannahan's "doghouse" since the middle of training camp and that Kyle Shannahan was upset because supposedly McNabb didn't know the playbook. The bottom line is that a)the skins don't have a dominant O-line, b)McNabb has no real off.weapons to work with. c)the head coach is a ego maniac and a control freak. The reason this story has gone national(so much so that CBS's James Brown of the NFL Today weighed in on it.) is that Shannahan totally mishandled every aspect of the benching which was stupid to begin with he should have let McNabb play and that would have put the situation squarely in Donovan's lap, but noooooo he had to go "Alexander Haig" to show who's in charge the racial part of this fiasco is Shanny's fault, had he fessed up and said "i blew it by benching McNabb" then this whole mess would be yesterday's news.

Posted by: dargregmag | November 9, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Please don't fix the video.

Posted by: themantoyou | November 9, 2010 5:34 PM | Report abuse

why do the majority of so-called whites never see racism?..thats easy to answer because the majority of them are racist(if not all)they codified racism into their institutions, laws, society etc. benefited from the racial brutality and evils for centuries in this land and much of the world for that matter shamm-o-KLAN and son code words or phrases for so-called blacks being lazy fat,stupid most so-called whites use the same terms and more because they are convinced themselves that they are superior it is their manifest destiny.

Posted by: wathu19 | November 9, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse

John Feinstein and Brian Mitchell sitting side by side. Holy Cow is that a lot of bull-oney in one place at the same time. I hope the ventilation was good in there.

Posted by: PS7900 | November 9, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

Feinstein is right on. Shannibag should be fired but only because he stinks and is an idiot that milked Elway, Davis, Sharpe, and Atwater for two rings. he was fired by the raiders after 1 season. fire that glass eyed, razor lipped, weasel tonight and take Macaca's brother Allen with him. the whole prgram is a joke. when McChicken gets steam rolled Monday by the bum street bullies he will quit Tuesday by lunch and rex grossberg will be in. Or, J P Lohsman..

Posted by: doyouktt | November 9, 2010 7:08 PM | Report abuse

Thats right Feinstein lets just fire another coach. Yeah right! Thats just what this team needs is some Idiot trying to tell the owner what to do! That is what Jerry Jones would do, but that is not the way to build a team. IMO, let the man do his job without putting in your two cents! I love how the people on the outside try to coach this team! Bunch of Idiots dont know nothing about how to run a team! Hail Redskins and hail Mr. Shanahan! BTW,F-Dallas!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 9, 2010 7:36 PM | Report abuse

Either McNabb is dumb and/or out-of-shape, or, one must give some credence to a racial taint to Shanahan's words (if not his actions). To disagree is to flaunt naivete, ignorance, or denial.

It certainly would have been more logical for Shanahan to say that McNabb was benched for subpar performance.

Of course, then how do you explain inserting Wuerffel (Grossman, whatever) instead, whose entire career exemplifies subpar performance.

This is the reason Shanahan's actions have caused 'Skins fans such distress-- they defy logical explanation. Shanny's words dig him deeper in the hole and have an undeniable racial taint. Shanny's hubris in refusing to simply admit he screwed up furthers the irreversible donward spiral.

Fire Shanahan? Not hardly. But it was not inappropriate for Feinstein to state the obvious: It appears that the emperor may be runnin' around in the nude.

Posted by: RingYourClock | November 9, 2010 9:02 PM | Report abuse

I am embarrassed for Fienstien.That was just stupid.McNabb has been struggling badly and has to be held accountable. I think he knows it. He is a stand up guy and I just want him to play better.I had no doubt he would have gone three and out in that last drive and I think most of you do too. Shanahan doesn't care about a players feelings and he shouldn't.

Posted by: cbushea55 | November 9, 2010 9:06 PM | Report abuse

Feinstein is an arrogent blow hard. If you don't play for a service academy (prefrrably Navy or Army) you are worthless. To agree with the sentiments of John Thompson, Feinstein is obviuosly not as bright as he thinks he is.

Posted by: bal503 | November 9, 2010 9:17 PM | Report abuse

Dan I would have to get fired to have enough time to read and dissect all of this rhetoric, but let me say this, the comments form "The Shanny", now the new "Danny" have been reprehensible at best, I have to agree with "Old Shanny's" coded language, look at his history. All said I have NO problem with FIRE SHANNY, and HIRE SHANNY, lets get rid of the old man and bring in the kid,awkward perhaps but wasn't that the master plan to start with? My thoughts and mine only but I personally think that Danny was too gun shy to hire the young Shanny, after the Zorn debacle, hiring the well past his prime Dad got him both and bought him some time,well the time is now,and let's take things one step further instead of the franchise taking ANOTHER financial hit, keep him around as a consultant,serving purgatory whatever but the hell with giving another faded superstar on the "FREE LUNCH COACH" hell make him carry Jr.'s clipboard for all I care but don't can him make him stay, what's he going to do make his kid look like crap? Unlikely,put the REAL talent in charge and go from there,if the kid is too bullheaded to buy in then can them both, Haynesworth is a knucklehead but what kind of idiot craps on his owners 140 million dollar investment irregardless of how he feels about it. How has Dan gone from being in TOTAL control to letting some 60 year old ass-clown blow 40 million of his dollars? The entire town bought this MS BS, what has he ever won without Elway? Simple question and an even simpler answer NOTHING. Hall of Fame coach or administrator to a HALL OF FAME PLAYER? Simple question with even a simpler answer. Drafted Jake right? And he hated his arrogant a$$ so much that he quit being owed what -- 5 million dollars? That says a hell of a lot to me, and should to the rest of you as well.

Posted by: mfowler1 | November 9, 2010 9:35 PM | Report abuse

It is Washington Media people like Feinstein and his fire Shanahan statement that give credence to my belief that most media types are incompentent, hard up for stories manufacturing their own, or could it be they don't care to try to get to the real story. They rile up the fans and make Washington teams look worse that they really are. The must have all studied the Danny Snyder MO, engage mouth(wallet in Danny's case) before brain.

Posted by: golfwise | November 9, 2010 10:30 PM | Report abuse

The only reason racism enters into this conversation.
Is because Feinstein himself places it their. And for no other reason.

Moreover, I'm very disappointed in B-Mich for agreeing with Feinstein assertion and not calling him out on it.

Posted by: Defund_NPR | November 9, 2010 11:11 PM | Report abuse

Think about it, would we, feinstein or anyone else be having this conversation if it were any other position. if the coach doesn't believe that you are capable of running the next set of plays, the next guy comes in.....obviously he thought that and the buck stops with the coach...isn't that what we wanted to get snyder/vinnie out of the picture. isn't that what is wrong with dallas?...gotta take the good with the bad....F feinstein!

Posted by: klangley69 | November 9, 2010 11:38 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: klangley69 | November 9, 2010 11:38 PM | Report abuse

McNabb is a punk and the Philly fans are glad to be rid of him. He is over the hill and this will be a one and done year. Let's move on.

Posted by: rbai470915 | November 9, 2010 11:40 PM | Report abuse

Wow, thank God that video didn't work.

First of all, this situation is "out of control?" Out of who's control, exactly? John Feinstein?

And second, who the hell is John Feinstein?

And third, why is everybody in the sports media so sure about all their inside information. I'm still waiting for the big Haynesworth trade that was guaranteed just about every week from April up until the trading deadline passed.

But seriously, who is John Feinstein? And how did he get control of this situation?

Posted by: bigfoot1 | November 10, 2010 12:19 AM | Report abuse

Mr Willie is wrong. Snyder has mistreated everyone equally. Bobby Mitchell was a Hall of Fame worthy player, and a good man. That does not make him a great executive. He was not able to speak in a manner that related to being an executive. He was paid a lot of money for a lot of years and made few management decisions. Then he cried prejudice when he was released. Tom Landry never made it to GM nor did a lot of other great men! Casserly, Schottenheimer, Turner, and others left without any better treatment. Many team names originated before political correctness became the order of the day. If McNabb was lighting it up, there would be no issues of race. If he is not, and he is benched then someone is a racist. Steinberg has another article today quoting a story by another Post writer about Arenas. Now he is writing about a story by Feinstein. Can Steinberg please go find a sports story to write. Defecating in shoes and racism stories are not why most people buy the Post sports section.

Posted by: 1bmffwb | November 10, 2010 12:39 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 1bmffwb | November 10, 2010 12:43 AM | Report abuse

redskin mentality has not changed since the
days of george preston marshall and will never change!!!

Posted by: merrimac238 | November 10, 2010 1:05 AM | Report abuse

Feinstein should be fired for smearing Shanahan with these out of nowhere incredible nasty fabricated racial allegations. hey Feinswine, how 'bout you prove it, you leftist liar? isn't this Hate Speech by Feinstein?

looks like just another liberal white guilt sissy writer smearing a successful man with completely unecessary hate speech and fabricating a race angle, should I be surprised? scumbag.

fire Feinswine.

Posted by: greatteamdan | November 10, 2010 1:51 AM | Report abuse

Seriously, does anybody really care about what some person said about some other person? Talk about manufacturing the news...

The Redskins will either prove it on the field or they won't. Personally, I think Shanahan made a mistake by benching McNabb in that situation, but underperforming QBs get benched all the time in the NFL. It goes with the territory.

Posted by: acoberst1 | November 10, 2010 2:23 AM | Report abuse

Cheap trick by Junior. Say "RACE" and people have to watch/listen/react/etc. Stupid ploy when nothing else is sticking.
Just like anyone who disagrees with Obama must be a racist. Armstrong Williams... Racist? gotta be huh?

BTW, Junior only stays employed because of HIS RACE! Not true, but why should Junior be the only one spewing falsehoods?

Posted by: Timo17 | November 10, 2010 3:58 AM | Report abuse

I gotta say, Feinstein has a point.
Now, maybe you can't call it blatantly "racist," but, remind me again why everybody said Blacks wouldn't make good quarterbacks...

Oh, yeah, that's right, because 1) they're lazy and 2) they're stupid.

Shanahan has called McNabb both of those multiple times in various ways over the bye. He's even got his son out spinning it and HE IS "Leaking" to Mortensen (who IS a d0uche for printing it).

How do I know Shanny The Red is the one leaking?

Because if it wasn't him, that unnamed source would be looking for a job right now.

Shanny is a psycho. I had hopes for the Redskins with him. But not any more. He's a liar, and a tyrant.

You think he hasn't lost the locker room? See Mike Sellers' interview on Redskins.com. The players see him as dishonest. They see him as a tyrant. They may very well see him as racist, too. I might start to see him that way myself.

I don't think this Shanny & Family episode is going to end well. I really don't. So far, the smartest thing he's done is to repaint the facility. It's been all downhill from there.

I would put signing McNabb above that, but he obviously wants McNabb to leave and take a huge paycut as he goes.

Why else would Shanny be trying to devalue McNabb? Because that's what he's doing. He's basically taking money out of McNabb's pocket every time he puts his "unnamed" source mask on.

The guy is a real piece of shitake. What a disgrace to the Irish. This guy has as much class as a thief. I just hope Snyder makes the move sooner rather than later. Cowher will be in Dallas while we're here struggling under Shananazi.

Just end it Snyder! He's nutz. You tried! you really tried. Cowher. Not Gruden. Go get Cowher QUICK!

Posted by: Thinker_ | November 10, 2010 4:01 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: thorhero | November 9, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

---------------------------------

Posted by: arizona4 | November 9, 2010 11:04 AM |

Do either of you geniuses think we'll need our O Line for the game, or we can just keep fielding the same blocking dummies we've been using.

It all starts in the trenches, people. McNabb should have gotten a medal for taking the hits he took in the Detroit game. The O Line should have been benched. They are a disgrace to the Hogs and to the city. Shanahan could have drafted more O Linemen, but he didn't. Mistake #1.

Now, he wants to blame McNabb.

Perfect tyrant. Bring back Sherman Lewis to oversee his red butt. See how he'd like them [Black] apples.

Posted by: Thinker_ | November 10, 2010 4:25 AM | Report abuse

The O line is terrible and even when they are not, McNabb can't hit a short pass to save his life. He's still the best QB that the team has and leave him in the game. There is no race issue here, if 80% of the team is black then 80% of any substitutions, player issues or controversies will involve a black player. The Washington Post staff has the market cornered on the race card players - so Feinstein is a nut case too. Cowboys fans in DC either relocated from Texas or they are starved for attention - I'm sure that the Cowboys organization is a model of racial harmony and civility. BS. Even with some apparent disfunction, the team is better this year - plays harder, and has been basically in every game - than they have in years. Maybe some of you would rather have Therapist Zorn back? Haynesworth made his own bed by being stupid and lazy and now he has to live with it. He's old news. Focus on the Eagles and get back on track.

Posted by: loanphd | November 10, 2010 5:27 AM | Report abuse

I haven't seen anyone suggest that the Shanahans are doing this to motivate McNabb to actually play better. Other than a few deep throws, which have been rare here the last few years, McNabb hasn't played any better than Jason Campbell--certainly not anything close to the Pro Bowl player that everyone says shouldn't be dissed like this. His QB rating is Campbell-like and he has been ineffective in the two-minute offense. He needed to have a fire lit under him, and maybe this will have the added benefit of the rest of the team rallying around him against a common enemy.

I'm betting McNabb plays lights out the rest of the season.

BTW, anyone notice how much better Campbell looks now that he has a decent offensive line, a young back, and more than one receiver to throw to? All those years of ignoring the O-line are killing us here.

Posted by: larry25 | November 10, 2010 6:43 AM | Report abuse

Why is it that professional coaches aren't much better than the morons who coach junior high school? Same guy, just paid more.

Posted by: 44fx2901 | November 10, 2010 7:00 AM | Report abuse

Feinstein, this has to be one of the most idiotic articles I have ever read on this site. You should be fired with your ignorant points and lack of football knowledge. There a reason why you write for a very liberal newspaper and have no credibility. Next your going to suggest the skins hire Wade Phillips...That will be next week correct?

Posted by: kevioconnor | November 10, 2010 7:04 AM | Report abuse

While I don't agree with Feinstein's thesis I do think race plays a critical role in Snyder's decision making. I have no doubt that the marketing GENIUS puts team personnel decisions through a racial, economic, and other demographic filters. Focus groups most certainly play a role in how he constructs the team. To Snyder this is only about money, and everything that the team does (or that coaches are allowed to do) come back to the bottom line. Count on it.

Posted by: 44fx2901 | November 10, 2010 7:33 AM | Report abuse

firing Shanahan or not from the very beginning i wanted Harbaugh from Stanford. but Shanahans obsesstion with finding a white john elway has what has held him back since late 90"s

Posted by: cjdwolfpack | November 10, 2010 8:10 AM | Report abuse

I agree. I am glad to see that there is someone "BRAVE" enough to see that Shanny wants a white man @ QB one that resembles "Zenyatta" when he smiles.

Posted by: tomass169 | November 10, 2010 8:12 AM | Report abuse

FIRE SHANAHAN---fine with me,I never saw the need to hire the control freak to begin with. His real record is that he has never won with Elway and his teams have been pounded in the playoffs sans Elway.

Posted by: wellscats | November 10, 2010 8:34 AM | Report abuse

This is unethical conduct by Feinstein. If waht Mike Wise did was wrong, then this amounts much more serious than that. WaPo should seriously consider firing him. All other self-respecting Journos (steve Czaban/Andy pollin) and bloggers (Dan/Reid etc) should stay away from this cheap shot of a guy.
He should stick to what he knows best.. coming up with a crappy book on Golf almost every weekend..

Posted by: KarK | November 10, 2010 8:53 AM | Report abuse

What an utter boob Feinstein is. I guess Coach Shanahan didn't realize that McNabb was black before wanted him as his QB. This awful paper and most of the media in Washington seems to make up their own news now instead of covering it.

Posted by: TripleH44 | November 10, 2010 9:01 AM | Report abuse

Feinstein is smart he goes up 95 to watch a real NFL team and superbowl contender Baltimore Ravens! Shanahan is a jerk, Mcnabb is old and tired and the skins are the joke of the NFL. Only thing worse is there loudmouth fans who are too stupid to realize that they overachieved in the GIBBS strike years and before and since the team has sucked!

Go Ravens

Posted by: jdb70 | November 10, 2010 9:07 AM | Report abuse

feinstein needs to first, iron his pants, then get the hell off the show, he is an idiot.

Posted by: cavalieri10 | November 10, 2010 9:14 AM | Report abuse

Pure speculation. Maybe McNabb was never Shanny's pick. Maybe it was Snyders. That would explain a rash of BS excuses; he cant run a two minute offense, his hamsting, poor conditioning, etc. He cant really say.
When Snyder is supposed to be trying his new hands off role, he cant keep from meddeling. Maybe Mcnabb wont sign here next year after getting undermined they way he was and Shanny can get his own QB. One thing is for sure,Kyle and Shanny got rex because of the Texas connect.
If we gotta fire somebody I say fire Fienstien and fire Snyder

Posted by: mountainking | November 10, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

I think this is one of those "it's not what he does, it's HOW he does it" situations. Shanahan seems to have little to no regard for the dignity of his players, he seems to be very willing to humiliate, and the "Shanny is racist" vibe has been building for a while.

I know a number of people who feel Shanny went too far out of his way to embarrass Haynesworth, and then again with Devin Thomas. Fred Davis can barely get on the field and Derrick Dockery gets made inactive behind a guy who seems to impress Shanny and no one else. And then you get to McNabb.

None of us exist in a vacuum, and Shanny should have had more sense than to float the "McNabb can't learn the playbook" garbage. It plays into 50 years of "Black men are too dumb to play QB". It humiliates a respected veteran. It was stupid, pure and simple.

Personally, I don't think Shanny is racist - I think he is an overrated egomaniac. But I understand why his "Coach is God, players are chess pieces" attitude has rubbed people the wrong way, and I understand why it smacks of racism for many people.

Posted by: CommieX | November 10, 2010 9:21 AM | Report abuse

i believe as well, this subject has been blown way out of proportion. (possibly due to the bye week; and no games to talk about; what bad timing). look at it this way, Donavan was getting beat like a drum, and the last minute of the game the other team will throw the blitz book at you, why chance getting him injured further, put the back up in who is, and should be, more familar with playbook, fresh, and give the defense a different look by throwing some different plays not shown up 'till then, not on game film to give them a better chance to win. only a few things could happen, 1. you save your quarterback from getting hurt more, 2. you give the defense something different to look at, 3. you give the backup, a chance to get some reps this frist have of the season just in case he's needed at a crucial time in the second half of the season. (at times Donavan doesn't last the whole season) you need to know what the backup quarterback spark. these guys are professional, and should be able to come in and perform, or get rid of them. NOTHING RACIAL ABOUT THAT!! and i'm black@#! Now, Donavan's rested, he didn't get hurt further, or we'd be talking about WHY DIDN'T SH TAKE HIM OUT, HE KNEW THEY GOING TO BE COMMING!!THEY'VE BEEN DOING IT ALL GAME!! we also know what to expect from out backup. all else i can say is..STAY HEALTHY DONAVAN!!

GO SKINS

Posted by: letitrain1 | November 10, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

It would not matter than Shanahan has said that Donvan was lazy in his practice habits and stupid that he did not know the plays yet. This is the Washington REdskins. It is a plantation. Every one who works here is working on a plantation. Snyder expects and demands that the slaves be treated like slaves. This is his management style. He sued a poor old woman who could not pay for her tickets anymore with 100000 people waiting in line. This guy did not change his stripes. Danny is still in charge. Shanahan is his boy. He is doing what he is told. Danny does not have to teach Shanahan to be a jerk. He is a jerk. The only way people play for this franchise is big money or they are forced to play here. No one want to come here. No one wants to be treated the way Jim Zorn, Jason Campbell, Donovan McNabb and on and on have been treated. All of the men who have been abused by Dan Snyder and his minions are real people who deserve to be treated with respect. It will never happen because Dan Snyder is a punk. He and Jerry Jones might be rich but they are both punks. Feinstin might be right. No one else has the guts to say it. Certainly Mike Wilbon would never say it. He is too busy trying to be Paris Hilton. Dan Snyder has never seriously considered a black man to be the general manager or coach of this team. Look who he hired. There are 200 more capable black men in professional football than Vinny Cerrato and Bruce Allen. The best general manager in football is in Baltimore. Yet Wilbon cannot even ask the question. Why have you never seriously considered hiring a black man to be head coach or general manager of this team? Why did your coach call this man lazy and stupid? This kind of crap is unacceptable. I wish we had a newspaper that had some guts. Way to go Feinstein it is way past due that someone identified the modern day Preston Marshall.

Posted by: HelloNewman53 | November 10, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Fienstien said what i have been saying for years about the NFL in general.

Why the redskins won't change the name?
80% blacks in the NFL, why no minority owners?
Why do the owners want more money they don't play the game?
Facts people just facts.

Anyone with half a brain would realize Snyder is using Shanahan after all the bad press last year to do his bidding.

I remember in the 70's most blacks in this area could careless about football. Baseball was still king. Remember the "Senators"?
All of a sudden more blacks were coming in the NFL wich lead to more viewership by blacks.

So Mr.Fienstien your right about this one in my book.

Posted by: shamken | November 10, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Anyone with eyes can see that Mr. Feinstein (who I usually disagree with) is ABSOLUTELY right in this case. It's kinda obvious now. Shanahan is working his way through the 'Skins roster doing the clan's bid'ness; he has already trashed Haynesworth, Derrick Dockery, (who he won't even dress for games for some stupid reason, although he's perfectly healthy, is being paid about $7 mil for the season and is 10 times better than Lichtenstinker) Devin Thomas and McNabb, and he and his son are already working on getting rid of Fred Davis - Mackey Award winner, one of the best TE in football last year while Cooley was injured, now languishing on the sidelines, playing special teams, and 'blocking' -- really? Before too long (when there's no more higher profile folks to trash), he'll start working on the likes of Brian Orakpo (too weak?), LaRon Landry (definitely dumb), heck probably even Rocky McIntosh and London Fletcher (no reasons will be given), but 'Skins fans will continue to defend this clown, saying "...racist? Nobody's racist anymore; that's just a myth" It is more comical than anyone here can imagine. Trust me because here's the punchline: "NO FREE AGENT WITH ANY TYPE OF SKILL WILL WANT TO COME HERE TO PLAY -- EVER!" And before you stick your chests out, 'Skins fans, and say "We'll build through the draft" consider how many years it'll take to build a Offensive and Defensive line through the draft, especially if you only want a 'certain type' of player. Oh and it gets funnier -- wait until the players like Chris Cooley, who I'd bet can't stand bigotry, gets fed up playing on a losing team (quarterbacked by Rex Grossman) and says screw this -- I'm gone. That's when we will truly be more like the 0-14 Tampa Bay Bucs. Of course, Snyder will keep Shanny 'til his contract is up -- that means at least 4 more years of comical hi-jinks -- and non-too-subtle slaps at Black players.

Posted by: guisher | November 10, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

This guy's a fuc@^*@ idiot. Shanahan is the only hope for this team because for too long lousy, washed-up players have been coddled by this organization and now we finally have someone who will put the boot down when players aren't earning their millions. Fire Feinstein and McNabb, they both suck.

Posted by: namelsac1 | November 10, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

Sahanahan is right Mcnabb 's interception put detroit ahead , bench him , he may be better now,looked very tired too.He is worn out, ask Philly another mistake,

Posted by: dcg326 | November 10, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcg326 | November 10, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: dcg326 | November 10, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

To Pile on:

Yes of course, Snyder should backtrack on the second good personel decision he's made in TEN YEARS after 8 games into a rebuilding year with a .500 record because of a questionable decision he made at quarterback.

I'm all for Snyder-criticism and hyper-reactive analysis, but that's just silly. Should we give Vinnie a call too?

Posted by: jbanks979 | November 10, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

McNabb stinks. Why did Philly give him up to a division rival? Cause they are smart and they got Vick.

He blew it against Indy, Rams, Detroit, etc. And guess what? We lost in his best game as a Redskin (Texans)? We win in spite of McFlabb not cause of him.

Posted by: digger76 | November 10, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

I should think Feinstein would be fired by this afternoon. Why would any media outlet allow such tripe and fact free racists remarks to be associated with them.

Posted by: Karl3251 | November 10, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Most people of color think Shanny is a racist. Most Whites get indignant when the subject of racism is brought up - unless a person is spotted with White robes over his head he couldn't possibly be a racist....

To sit McNabb for Grossman because Grossman a proven idiot is better at running a two minute offense - really?

Posted by: Rohit_33410 | November 10, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Imagine that, the race card. Shocker. What really baffles me is the uproar over McNabb's benching. Look at the numbers and his terrible decisions. He never has been very accurate and he is getting worse by the game. Yeah, the O line sucks but he can't hit an open receiver WHEN HE HAS TIME.
Look at his QB rating. 7 TD's and 8 picks. Not exactly a goos return for two high draft picks.
There is a reason Reid let him go to a division rival. No we inherit their former problem.

Posted by: RunninUteDB | November 10, 2010 11:16 AM | Report abuse

I'm 50-50 about Shanahan and his son. If we finish 9-7, then I would favor giving him another year. If 8-8, try to recruit Jim Harbaugh from Stanford.

Posted by: supattapone | November 10, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

I'm 50-50 about Shanahan and his heir apparent son. If we finish at least 8-8, then I would favor giving them another year. If not, I would try to recruit Jim Harbaugh from Stanford (as well as their QB-Luck).

I don't think, and certainly hope, that MS's moves were not intentionally racist. Nonetheless, they have certainly seemed extremely self-destructive. My guess is he is just trying to protect Kyle from scrutiny. Good old nepotism!

Posted by: supattapone | November 10, 2010 11:22 AM | Report abuse

This is NOT a rebuilding year! What are they rebuilding with? Should've never got MCNabb that's not what "rebuilding" teams do. If what Shanahan's doing is forcing Snyder's hand at getting this roster turned over than I'm all for it. Snyder would've never done what has to be done and should've been done before the season started - blow this thing up, start getting draft picks, and get started getting younger, faster, and more skilled. Then the real rebuilding starts!

Posted by: bendersx6 | November 10, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Feinstein doesn't cover the the NFL so his opinion means nothing.

Posted by: skinsFan74 | November 10, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Who the hell is Feinstein, doesn't he park cars at the stadium or something?

Those Neanderthals who have got to promote a racist agenda only do so because they can't come up with anything else that they think will work. It's been working for 200 years so why quit now...................

Posted by: burro2 | November 10, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

I think throwing the race card was beyond stupid the Haynesworth situation was created by Haynesworth pulling McNabb was again idiotic. I have to say i have been a fan for a long time as a kid seeing Deacon Jones kicking a point after watching Ken Houston stop Walt Garrison at the one being behind the bar and watching a game where we needed 3 more points to beat the spread (missed) the game is supposed to be fun fun for the kids fun for everyone. I have never come close to not caring. If Shanahan did not have a monster contract i would want him to go he treats the players like crap.

Posted by: southportwave | November 10, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

If McNabb doesn't produce Monday night against the Eagles then Shanahan is right.

Posted by: thorhero | November 10, 2010 11:55 AM | Report abuse

"... the media who pay for him to address them..." ??? Huh ???

Posted by: ubetonit | November 10, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

Feinstein reminds me of my severely ADHD stepson. Scores well on IQ tests, great vocabulary, photographic memory, doesn't have enough common sense to function as a human being without regularly making a jackass out of himself. He may know exactly how many trees there are in the forest and be able to name them all by family, genus and species, but is not above killing himself with a chain saw trying to cut one down.

I don't particularly like the timing of McNabb's benching, or the way Shanahan tried to rationalize it, but to call the man a racist over it vividly illustrates the aforementioned lack of common sense, and I would add decency, on Feinstein's part. This was a nuclear accusation based on nothing of fact.

Feinstein might as well have labeled him a pedophile because Shanahan once patted a little girl on the head and said she was cute.

Anyone with any common sense and decency knows exactly who should be fired, and it's not Shanahan.

Posted by: worgadd1 | November 10, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

Feinstein is basically infallible.

Posted by: clitteigh | November 10, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

interesting. consider who might possibly benefit, should coach shanahan be fired:

* mr. mcnabb: no, not really. he'd have to deal with a new coach, and possibly a new offensive coordinator, both of whom would most likely have their own agenda's.

* the team: nope. see above.

* the fans: nope. see above.

upon reflection, the only possible beneficiary, were coach shanahan to be fired, would be...............john feinstein. it would give him several months without requiring an original thought on his part; providing him ready-made topics for columns/tv/radio appearances.

not that i'm cynical or anything.

Posted by: cpinva | November 10, 2010 12:43 PM | Report abuse

This is what you get when people have too much time on their hands...

Posted by: gcottrill | November 10, 2010 12:44 PM | Report abuse

This is what you get when people have too much time on their hands...

Posted by: gcottrill | November 10, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse

This is what you get when people have too much time on their hands...

Posted by: gcottrill | November 10, 2010 12:48 PM | Report abuse

This is what you get when people have too much time on their hands...

Posted by: gcottrill | November 10, 2010 12:50 PM | Report abuse

I think John "The Curser" is partly right and partly wrong. I don't think race was a factor in pulling McNabb because it stands to reason that Shanahan wouldn't have acquired him in the first place if race were an issue. However, by basically saying McNabb isn't smart enough to run the 2 minute offense Shanahan opens himself up to that question being asked. Which brings up another issue: if McNabb (after all the OTAs, minicamp, training camp, and half the season) can't run the 2 minute offense, that is the fault of the coaching staff, not the player. Where "The Curser" is right is in his stating that Shanahan pulled McNabb because he was mad at him and is just too stubborn to admit it and admit it was a mistake. He humiliated the team leader and as a coach you have to be aware of stuff like that and ensure it does not happen.

Posted by: largetony86 | November 10, 2010 12:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Barno1 | November 9, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

The comments on this thread are really proving the point made above. There seems to be a lot of racism towards Shanahan on this thread.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 10, 2010 1:03 PM | Report abuse

While I don't think race was an issue in this case, the people who automatically dismiss race as a factor (in anything, not just this case) are woefully unaware of the realities of life in America for people of color. There are certain things in life you just can't understand until you've lived through it.

Posted by: largetony86 | November 10, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Barno1 | November 9, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

What does that have to do with Mike Shanahan's motivation for pulling McNabb? Even if 100% blacks had negative views about whites, it means nothing in this case. The point is Shanahan and McNabb, not society at large.

Posted by: largetony86 | November 10, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

John Feinstein, a good reporter spoiled

Posted by: 2010_NeverAgain | November 10, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

You're an idiot Feinstein

Posted by: davieglove34 | November 10, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

blazerguy wrote:
FIRING SHANAHAN...WHAT A STUPID IDEA COMING FROM A SMART MAN.
I`M SURE MIKE WAS PISSED AT HIS PERFORMANCE..AND SHOULD HAVE JUST SAID SO.

__________________________________________

No one said that he should not have established himself as in charge with the Haynesworth situation, but he went way beyond where it should have gone and carried it into the season. All the guy was saying is that the system does not fit my talent and it took them 5 games to determine that the guy is a helluva load as playmaking penetrator and why would you waste his talent holding up blockers. NFL network did a poll of General Managers before the fourth preseason and the question was, If you had a Albert Haynesworth would you use him as two gap nose tackle and 88 percent of them said no, you would be wasting his talent and it took these guys 9 weeks to determine that. I heard Bill Pacells speaking about Lawrence Taylor and Jimmie Johnson speaking about Charles Haley and how you had to give them the freedom to make plays, because they were that disrutpive to the offensive lineman. This guy's ego does not give him the flexibilty to put the players in the best position to succeed.

Posted by: impartial1 | November 10, 2010 1:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: largetony86 | November 10, 2010 1:08 PM | Report abuse

This is absolutely bs victim mentality garbage. The record is unmistakable and irrefutable...By every measure, barriers based on race have essentially disappeared. We have myriad laws that guarantee equal treatment in education, employment, and housing, and we spend billions of dollars at the federal, state, and local level to enforce them. In addition, a plethora of well-funded private civil-rights organizations monitors whether government agencies are actually doing their job.

Because of all these efforts, opportunities that were once closed to blacks are now wide open, resulting in a thriving middle class and a growing upper-middle class.

Please get a clue.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 10, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Barno1 | November 9, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: largetony86 | November 10, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

It doesn't have to do with Shanahan's motivation for pulling McNabb. Don't know where you got that from. My comment has to do with the racially charged comments on here against whites. I was responding to others and was trying to show that, according to every major study on racial attitudes conducted in recent years, it is not whites who hold the most racial animus in this country anymore.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 10, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Feinstein, did you even watch the game? And since when do head coaches apologize publicly? What a pointless article.

Posted by: wewbank1 | November 10, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

Feinstein = BUFFOON!

Posted by: oldschoolfan | November 10, 2010 6:54 PM | Report abuse

Feinstein = BUFFOON!

Posted by: oldschoolfan | November 10, 2010 6:55 PM | Report abuse

This is all another black eye for Redskins fans. If we could simply win games, all of this would be insignificant. I would be happy with a white, black, asian or martian quarterback if we could win. Mr. Snyder has created a media following that probably will never allow him enough breathing room to rebuild a team with whatever coach he hires. People ask why would free agent players want to come here after seeing how McNabb and Haynesworth have been treated---- Why would any coach want to come here after seeing how the media treats anything that goes on with the team??? Why is Lavar on the radio?? Oh yeah, hired as an assassin because he hates Danny. Shouldn't he be doing talk radio in New York?? That's right, they cut his overpaid behind. Should be driving a motorcycle on the freeway for a living. Hope I live to see Dukes do something he is truely qualified to do---- ask me if that will be paper or plastic. The Junkies probably couldn't change a flat tire between the entire group. They better thank god they have their mornoing show.

Posted by: optimisticskinsfan | November 10, 2010 8:05 PM | Report abuse

I believe that mike shanahan will be fired after the season has ended due to the fact that he has embarassed not only Bruce Allen but dan snyder at the same time as Mike shanahan admitted to the media iam gonna be lying to you guys once he said that he should have realized real fast what kind of media hew as dealing with he should have known that this is washington post not denver post which means that mike shanahan should have done his research as far as washington post's reputation once he benched mcnabb on the detroit game and he told so many lies to the point that he don't know or realize that the post will be doing some serious digging as to what the real truth is behind the mcnabb benching now, the real question remains is this, who wanted to trade for mcnabb shanahan or allen if it's allen then he's just as culpable as shanahan is but because of the fact that snyder has allen 's back allen is untouchable period.

Posted by: rmnkevorkian | November 10, 2010 10:04 PM | Report abuse

Another example of how tabloid media helps prop up cash strapped newspapers.

Feinstein does need to be fired. Who is in a better position to determine McNabb's knowledge of the playbook? Mike Shanahan or John Feinstein?

And if Feinstein does think that Shanahan is racist, then why doesn't he just say so, instead of using the phrase "racial coding?"

Also, wouldn't it be more likely that an assistant / team official leaked information to Mortensen, not the head coach, who is notorious for stressing team privacy / /confidentiality?

Mike Shanahan DID make a mistake, and should have apologized, and was crazy for putting in Grossman, but if Feinstein considers himself a fair journalist, he would probably make an attempt to find out McNabb's actual knowledge of the playbook. Do all the QB's in the NFL know their playbook the exact same? Of course not.

Feinstein wants attention through his ludicrous negativity.

Posted by: fthomasclem | November 11, 2010 7:06 AM | Report abuse

Racial? I guess when Shanahan went and signed McNabb he had completely forgot that McNabb was black. What an idiot and a joke. How could you publish a piece of trash like this? The truth is, Kyle Shanahan and McNabb obviously havent been seeing eye to eye, and I believe McNabb starting was in his ear about telling him to drop his game plan and that it wasn't working. Feeling insulted, Kyle ran to daddy and blaming McNabb saying "It's not my fault, plays that I call are perfect, it's McNabb that doesn't want to play." So, Mike Shanahan benches McNabb because Kyle Shanahan is too much of a baby, and has no business calling plays in the NFL.

Posted by: jmoorepr | November 11, 2010 9:11 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: jmoorepr | November 11, 2010 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Crazy. A team that is totally mixed in terms of race, from players to assistant coaches to the front office, being called racist. Ah, John F’s review must be coming up and he needs more click throughs on his articles.

If Shanny was a racist, why did he trade for McNabb? Are some folks like JF proposing Shanny never saw McNabb's photos and assumed, by the name, that he was an Irish dude? “Hey, Kyle, this is Dad. Please make sure to have Donovan stay away from the Guiness. You know those Irishman and their booze. We have a game on Sunday.” LOL.

Keep this in mind...John F's job is in the media, and he creates job security by...creating stories and buzz. It's so easy to do: “Hey, did you hear John F kicks dogs, has a ____ site (fill in the blank with some random deviant website) bookmarked on his computer at work, and has traveled to Pakistan!?!” That's all it takes. What a great job...no responsibility combined with the ability to harm.

This is obscene.

None of this would have happened if Shanny had come out and said the following, while we may not have agreed, things would not be getting out of control like they are: "Donovan did not practice most of the week due to injuries. He was getting battered in the game as the O line was not getting the job done and protecting him. He had limited skill position players to support him due to the recent injuries to Torrain and Cooley. We decided that due to all of this, and the tough game Donovan was having, that we needed fresh legs and to try to shake things up for the Lions defense...so we put Rex in."

We shouldn't look at skin color when someone has a bad experience at work. Had nothing to do with Donovan...it was all about performance. John F assumes cutting back the playbook (like Gibbs did for Brunnell, etc.) was because Shanny thinks Donovan is "dumb" and he then connects some odd dots saying that "dumb" relates to Shanny having issues with skin color. Shanny simplified because of so many player changes on the offense since pre-season (RB, o line, receivers, tight ends)...simplifying was important. When Shanny benched Plummer, Elway, Brister, etc. during games in Denver, did anyone say it was due to them being dumb or white? Of course not, just like folks are trying to read too much into a player being sat down. While most of us don't agree with Shanny's decision, it had nothing to do about skin color. John F is simply trying to create a story and sell papers and get click throughs to his articles. What a schmuck!

Question. When Reid benched McNabb during a game last year, did anyone in Philly say it was related to skin color? Nope. John F must not also write for the Philadelphia Enquirer.

Posted by: dougbalt | November 11, 2010 1:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: erthdog | November 11, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Who the hell is Feinstein? Do everyone a favor. Find a small town in Alaska, move there and never utter another word. And by Feinstein's logic, this makes me anti-semitic.

Moron

Posted by: erthdog | November 11, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

Feinstein is a fool and should be fired for even suggesting that this has to do with race. Was it race that led Philly to get rid of McNabb for Colb? Or to switch from Colb to Vick and then back again, and now to only go back again? Andy can't decide which race to go with, right? If benching McNabb had to do with race, then why did they bring Jamarcus Russell in to work out the following week? Why didn't they bring in a white QB? Feinstein is a fool, and so is Lavar Arrington for also suggesting it on 106.7 "The Fan".

Posted by: mcmanigle | November 11, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: mcmanigle | November 11, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

This IS a race to the bottom. Feinstein is the one who should be fired. The benching of McNabb was dumb but had nothing to do with race. It probably had more to do with his poor play generally and more specifically throwing it into a crowd of defenders a few minutes earlier. It does not matter who plays QB when the line cannot block anyone. Look at Jason Campbell now. If he was still here he would be no better or worse than McNabb.

Posted by: Jamz | November 11, 2010 6:13 PM | Report abuse

This isn't Feinstein making stuff up completely. Granted, I don't worry about Shanahan being a racist. But I do think he leaked info to Mortensen, and it was all make-believe crap, throwing McNabb under the bus. And many of the excuses he used were lame, obviously made up, and reeked of racial stereotype. I don't believe Shanahan is a racist or should be fired. But I do believe, that like a lot of people, Shanahan does have some bigoted ideas about minorities. (Not to mention his decision to bench McNabb and bring in an ice-cold Grossman, who hasn't played all year was a bone-headed move.) Yeah, Donovan ain't what he used to be, but neither is Shanahan. He's antiquated. (And what the hell does sitting "right" or "left" have to do with this story? Why is that idiotic piece of writing in this blog?)

Posted by: rimbaud1 | November 12, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse

"since it's hard to be left of Feinstein"

/rimshot

Posted by: WorstSeat | November 12, 2010 5:42 PM | Report abuse

By benching McNabb, Shanahan is demonstrating his inflated ego, not racism. If he is such a racist, why did he insist that the Redskins sign McNabb? There is plenty of room to criticize Shanahan, but Feinstein's idiotic rant exhibits the pervasive sensationalism that is degrading journalism.

Posted by: asalitur | November 13, 2010 10:04 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: asalitur | November 13, 2010 10:06 AM | Report abuse

I'm glad someone has finally played the race card. I was beginning to think that maybe we were finally getting past that. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: jackp1 | November 13, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Jeezuz.

Rob Dibble/Steven Strasburg redux.

Come the freak on now. Feinstein: if you are not being challenged at the Post, get a second job. A hobby might be nice, too.

All this is is more fodder for the "sportswriters don't have enough to do" camp, charter member, me.

Posted by: poorskins | November 15, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

Jeezuz.

Rob Dibble/Steven Strasburg redux.

Posted by: poorskins | November 15, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse