Posted at 11:44 PM ET, 11/23/2010

Gilbert Arenas and Nick Young, happy

By Dan Steinberg

Try to watch this video of a happy Gilbert Arenas joined by a happy, hatted Nick Young without smiling. 'Tis impossible.

"Hey, my man, I want to say thank you," Young says, interrupting the interview abd referring to the pass that led to his game-winning three.

"No problem, any time, you know how we do," Gilbert responds.

"Appreciate that," Young says.

"Actually, this goes back to the preseason," Chris Miller adds, now referring to the time Gilbert benched himself so Young could get a start. "You did him a solid; look what happens, his confidence grows."

"That solid cost me $50,000, though, that solid cost me $50,000," Gilbert points out.

"I made him look good, that's what it's for," Young says while walking away. "I ain't got $50,000 just to hand to somebody."

Then it's just Gilbert, who compliments Miller on his suit and says his wife must be happy.

By Dan Steinberg  | November 23, 2010; 11:44 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: LaRon Landry on turkeys, D.C. and his injury
Next: Macho Harris goes from flag football to Redskins

Comments

You are right. Impossible to watch that without smiling.

Posted by: CrabHands | November 24, 2010 5:23 AM | Report abuse

Nice to see Gilbert happy. He just looks more like Gilbert when he's smiling.

Posted by: jjhare | November 24, 2010 6:48 AM | Report abuse

Last night was fun to watch - wish I would have gone down to Verizon for it.

Posted by: Kev29 | November 24, 2010 9:56 AM | Report abuse

Smiling's my favorite.

Posted by: pearlbullets | November 24, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

I love it when my DVR doesn't record overtime games.

Posted by: EYoung77 | November 24, 2010 10:20 AM | Report abuse

Don't be fooled, he still wants off this team and outta this town.

Posted by: playahatah | November 24, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Winning cures alot of problems. If this team starts winning Gilbert won't be the only one smiling.

Posted by: JAMNEW | November 24, 2010 10:37 AM | Report abuse

playahatah, you're screen name says it all. You really are a hater and as a result, your comments are just absurd. Gilbert clearly loves this city and this team, and most importantly he loves his teammates. That is blatantly obvious to everyone...except you.

Great video Steinz. As I said all along, the Gilbert haters will be eating their words all season long (and for many more seasons to come).

Posted by: Barno1 | November 24, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

Don't be fooled, he still wants off this team and outta this town.

Posted by: playahatah | November 24, 2010 10:26 AM

Which is fine - so long as he's playing well, healthy and staying out of trouble. Whether he wants to stay is immaterial until he has some trade value - and right now he's just a giant contract with a lot of question marks. If he's showing some of the Gilbert 2003-2007 spark and being a team player, then he and the Wizards can take it from there.

Posted by: Kev29 | November 24, 2010 2:10 PM | Report abuse

"If he's showing some of the Gilbert 2003-2007 spark"

Nah, I'll settle for some of his 2009/10 spark where he was the only player in the NBA averaging more than 22 points and 7 assists per game.

The shortness of memory by DC area sports fans never ceases to amaze me.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 24, 2010 2:52 PM | Report abuse

The shortness of memory by DC area sports fans never ceases to amaze me.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 24, 2010 2:52 PM

And then suspended for three months and convicted of a felony - after two knee injuries. Great season for his Wizards and trade value.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.

Posted by: Kev29 | November 24, 2010 4:47 PM | Report abuse