HBO tweaks its "24/7" logo

By Dan Steinberg

When HBO brought its "24/7" press tour to Ballston in September, many of us immediately noticed that the show's logo was black and gold. Considering one of the team's featured in the series wears black and gold, and the other decidedly does not, this seemed like a clear slap in the face.

Of course, a little poking around revealed that HBO's "24/7" logo has always been black and gold, no matter the sport. And yet, the network still went ahead and tweaked the logo before the show's late-November preview show.

"We wanted a logo for 24/7 that both clubs would embrace," an HBO spokesman e-mailed me. "We think we have it. Ross Greenburg, president of HBO Sports, made sure we produced art that everybody would want to work with."

See, Caps fans? Every time you think the media have slighted you, you really just need to complain a bit.

(Much thanks to Reader Andy for the tip.)

By Dan Steinberg  | November 8, 2010; 11:43 AM ET
Categories:  Caps, Media
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Best and worst weeks in D.C. sports
Next: Gary Bettman doing the Hora

Comments

Why is the word "Penguins" on top? If they were being completely unbiased, then it should be in alphabetical order. Just sayin'...

Posted by: mrsmitty91 | November 8, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Dan, I love your bog... I love the Caps... but please, PLEASE (!) do not encourage the fans to complain about media slights. I'm detecting sarcasm, but given some of the fans and commenters I think it may fly over more than a few heads.

Posted by: GFisher1 | November 8, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Jason Campbell

Posted by: Barno1 | November 8, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

So, what about those of us who don't subscribe to HBO? Should I try to convince my cable company to give me a free month trial, can you purchase HBO for just a month...I guess since it spans over 2 months I would get charged for 2 months, but they may be the best scenario...any thoughts?

Posted by: sordidvox | November 8, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait til it starts!

Posted by: Hattrik | November 9, 2010 8:13 AM | Report abuse

Yet another "we get no respect" from the ever self-indulgent, arrogant Caps fans. Probably Ted complained, and, rather than hear a seething blog post from him about the "slight", HBO gave in. For God's sake, the logo has always been black and gold, and no other fanbase has ever had a problem with it. Yes, you all have "arrived" at being one of the most irritating fanbases in the NHL.

Posted by: vahockeyfan | November 10, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse