Posted at 12:48 PM ET, 11/22/2010

How a Redskins spokesman handles a missed field goal

By Dan Steinberg

This is Tony Wyllie, the Redskins' top spokesman, when he thought that Graham Gano's field goal at the end of regulation was going to be true. As did we all, it goes without saying.

And this is Tony Wyllie, the Redskins' top spokesman, when he realized that the kick had come up short.

By Dan Steinberg  | November 22, 2010; 12:48 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Who had the worst week in D.C. sports?
Next: Redskins suffered a trainer injury in Tennessee

Comments

It looked good to everyone Steinz. Right down the middle, no one was expecting it to fall short from 47 yards.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 22, 2010 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Did that fall short from the wind or did he just chunk it? The flags did look to be blowing in on the kick and I noticed that the Skins chose to have Tennessee drive that direction after losing the toss in OT.

Posted by: iceicebaby | November 22, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: iceicebaby | November 22, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Why is this guy that close to the field?

Posted by: JDB1 | November 22, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

Can't blame him... From that angle it was probably hard to tell Gano "Eddie Murray'd" the kick.

Posted by: Scoonie97 | November 22, 2010 1:27 PM | Report abuse

Shanahan is a gorgeous man.

Posted by: pearlbullets | November 22, 2010 1:33 PM | Report abuse

Coming up short did not enter my mind as a factor to consider prior to that kick. Gano was hitting his kickoffs to the back of the end zone, but that must have been going the other way. Oh well - 1 for 3 on the two minute drill. Maybe Rex should kick FGs during the two minute.

Posted by: Section104 | November 22, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Haha, I was wondering who that guy was.

Posted by: EYoung77 | November 22, 2010 1:45 PM | Report abuse

For all the Gano haters out there, and there are quite a few, I would point out that he is by far the best kicker on kickoffs that we've had in many years. Yes, there is actually more to being a good kicker than just field goals. Guy has a knack for nailing his kickoffs in the corner of the endzone. Remember the Houston game? guy caught it in the corner and his momentum carried him out of bounds at the 1 yard line. Never seen that on a kickoff before.

Gano stays.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 22, 2010 2:01 PM | Report abuse

Hail Gano!

Posted by: vexed50verizonnet | November 22, 2010 2:15 PM | Report abuse

I'm either screaming "Guano", or Bat Caca, or "Gonna"...either way, he's a microcosim of the team its self...sometimes he does, and sometimes he doesn't you just can't predict what will happen.

Posted by: eello | November 22, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Long snapping yesterday was baaaaad, son

Was having Dan Turk nightmares all game.

Posted by: JohnnyBlades | November 22, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

I noticed this guy too and thought you would comment on him. Post the video, so much better. It reminded me of a guy watching the infamous two girls one cup video for the first time, exstatic at first but then severely disapointed.

Posted by: JRD8608 | November 22, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

It's okay.... I jumped off my sofa and started celebrating...until I saw the refs signal no good. I made sure not to celebrate until after I saw the refs' signal on the OT one.

Posted by: rachel216 | November 22, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

Reminds me of Bobby Bowden some years back. The poor guy was halfway across the field in full celebratory mode before he realized that the kick was no good. The subsequent look of confusion on his face was priceless.

"Yea!!! We won!!!....wait...huh?"

Posted by: sonny2 | November 22, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

Are you a 'Skins fan?

Are you glad the 'Skins won on Sunday, especially after how the played the previous Monday?

Do you wish our offense was a little bit more consistent and scored more touchdowns instead of settling for field goals?

Well, TS. If you dare criticize anything Redskins-related (from barely winning to Vinny Cerrato being the best GM EVER!!!!!) than I've got something for you. I'll repost my oh-so-funny commercial-spoof over and over and over, for months, because I'm such a comedian.

Than I'll TELL YOU just what a REAL fan of the Redskins is.

You all understand? If not Fargo1 will lay the smack down on you!!!!

Posted by: DixonTheDog | November 22, 2010 5:25 PM | Report abuse

Go away Poopy_McPoop/DixonTheDog. Yes, that's right everyone, Poopy got banned and now he posts undre the name DixontheDog. Hahaha, what a loser.

Posted by: this_guy | November 22, 2010 8:05 PM | Report abuse

ill second the guano, bat poop, and other ace ventura references that occur while he kicks.

Posted by: trousers | November 22, 2010 8:35 PM | Report abuse

Haha, I was cracking up when I saw that.

Posted by: nenewallace | November 23, 2010 8:00 AM | Report abuse