Posted at 10:56 AM ET, 11/17/2010

This would be a good week to join the Redskins waitlist

By Dan Steinberg

Now, this offer was sent to my friend on Tuesday evening by StubHub, not by the Redskins. So blame them, I guess.

Still, it seems like an awfully insensitive time to be asking Redskins fans to sign up for the waitlist. A waitlist that, lest you've forgotten, has 200,000 names on it. Were my business in possession of a waitlist with 200,000 names on it, I think I'd go ahead and stop trying to add more names unless people really, really, really insisted. I definitely wouldn't ask them to join in order to get special chances to see the Zac Brown Band on the day after a humiliation on national television. But I'm no business genius.

By Dan Steinberg  | November 17, 2010; 10:56 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Daniels says Haynesworth play "will be addressed"
Next: Larry Michael on the media "garbage"

Comments

My annual pre-thanksgiving tradition.... Pack up all my summer gear and my redskins gear and put it up in the attic. Just trying to avoid going on medication.

Posted by: EnzoBigBlue | November 17, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

Do the Redskins have a waiting list for players? I sure didn't see 22 out on the field at any one time the other night; and the Eagles were never short of men.

Posted by: capscapscaps2 | November 17, 2010 11:36 AM | Report abuse

As D team continues 2 free-fall, if U R dumb nuff 2 sign up, your odds of winning R pretty good since I doubt there will B many takers.

As 4 D 200,001 waiting list, they R probably counting fingers and toes and noses individually.

Posted by: bbmcoachk | November 17, 2010 1:38 PM | Report abuse

This is a clear example of why the Redskins will not make the playoffs anytime soon.

Posted by: carterm1 | November 17, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Again, the wait list is a sales leads list.

They ping you (via phone) for club seats and spam you with emails, then ask you for $100 a seat during the offseason, and will do so every offseason until you do bite.

Please stop pretending to be surprised.

Posted by: WorstSeat | November 17, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

Oh yeah, and BMCOACHK DONT TRY 2 IMPRES ME WIT UR UESLES L337 SPEAK!1!!11!!1 OMG WTF LOL I CAN ROL UP ON UR STUF WITHOUT TRYNG!1111!1

(Google "The English-to-12-Year-Old-AOLer Translator")

Posted by: WorstSeat | November 17, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

wow, funny one.

Posted by: rfsjms | November 17, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, sure, the "waitlist" has 200,00 people on it. Probably 195,000 of them are dead.
So Steinberg what other Snyder crap do you want to try to sell us, you lying fraud?
You're just another talentless mouthpiece on Danny's payroll.

Posted by: jos587 | November 19, 2010 7:33 PM | Report abuse

I see from the contest being conducted that so far this year 75% of the fans are better at predicting NFL game results than Steinberg. Tracee Hamilton isn't much better.

It figures.

Posted by: jos587 | November 19, 2010 7:38 PM | Report abuse

Steinberg has picked 53% of the winners in the NFL so far, which puts him in the lowest 75% among the fans.
A monkey would get about 50% tossing a coin, so he's 3% smarter than a monkey.
And writes about 3% as well, too.

Posted by: jos587 | November 19, 2010 7:45 PM | Report abuse

I joined the waiting list in 1985 when I was a senior in HS. In 2005, I received a package from the Redskins stating that my number was up and I could purchase season tickets.At that point I was fed up with Snyders yearly big hype,under performance, and the price gouging at the stadium. That year I decieded not purchase anything that has to do with the Redskins. My strike is still continuing to the present time.Every year since 2005, I have been receiving a package to purchase season tickets. So last year I called the ticket office and removed my name from the "WAITING LIST". As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, i will refuse to give him my hard earned money. There is no waiting list anymore. Dan Snyder has destroyed this franchise. Look at all the opposing fans in the stadium at every home game,It makes me sick to my stomach. What a joke!

Posted by: Plato3 | November 20, 2010 5:42 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: geg5100 | November 21, 2010 2:29 AM | Report abuse

that's bull s__t about a waitlist, because in 2002 I put my name on it and three weeks later I got a call to purchase. what happen, the other 199,999 people weren't interested???

Posted by: geg5100 | November 21, 2010 2:30 AM | Report abuse