Posted at 9:11 AM ET, 12/19/2010

McNabb jersey prices slashed

By Dan Steinberg

July: Bruce Allen, talking to Comcast SportsNet, says the Redskins see Donovan McNabb "as part of our future...and we think he's gonna be a great Redskin for years to come."

December: Home replica Donovan McNabb jerseys go on sale for $39.95, half off the normal price. That means his jersey is half the price of a Malcolm Kelly, Chris Horton OR JOEY GALLOWAY jersey. The only other player whose jersey is listed at half price is Albert Haynesworth.

UPDATE: From Redskins PR:

"Upon discovering that a third-party vendor made a decision to reduce the price of the jerseys, we had it corrected immediately, and we apologize for the error. Both replica and authentic McNabb jerseys are now full price."

(Via Extreme Skins.)

(And Sunday is a Redskins Day. Gilbert Arenas emotional outpourings will come on Monday. Stay tuned.)

By Dan Steinberg  | December 19, 2010; 9:11 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: On Bruce Boudreau and cursing
Next: Redskins-Cowboys, best and worst

Comments

July: Bruce Allen yadda yadda yadda. Another big name veteran that didn't produce. I thought that this was just a Vinny Cerato thing and hoped things were going to change around Redskins Park.

Dan, when are we going to get the writeup on Gilbert Arenas #9 jerseys?

Posted by: GoingGoingGone | December 19, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

I had a dream that Snyder sold the Redskins. When I woke up and realized that it was just a dream I said s..t.

Posted by: getitritegov | December 19, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

So waht do the people do that have McNabb jerseys for Christmas presents and the kid who went from his Arenas 0 jersey to a 9 jersey?

Posted by: PensRule | December 19, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

I've dumped so much money into this team it's obscene... Haynesworth jersey... McNabb jersey.. It's getting old. A gypsy franchise.

Posted by: Capitalist-1 | December 19, 2010 2:03 PM | Report abuse

From last year:

who is the longest tenured D.C. athlete on any local team? Sounds like a good list. Here it is:
1. Jaime Moreno, D.C. United, 13th season*
2. Ben Olsen, D.C. United, 12th
3. Chris Samuels, Redskins, 10th
4t. Brendan Haywood, Wizards, 9th
4t. Ethan Albright, Redskins, 9th
4t. Bryan Namoff, D.C. United, 9th
4t. Mike Sellers, Redskins, 9th*
8t. Ladell Betts, Redskins, 8th
8t. Rock Cartwright, Redskins, 8th
8t. Santino Quaranta, D.C. United, 8th*
11t. Gilbert Arenas, Wizards, 7th
11t. Nakia Sanford, Mystics, 7th
11t. Fred Smoot, Redskins, 7th*
* - Denotes seasons were non-consecutive

If you purchased your [#45 Sellers] Jersey you won the Redskins Jersey Lotto!

Safest jersey purchases today would be [98 Orakapo] or [71 Williams] IMO. If those aren't sexy enough for you then hold on for the QB we'll be drafting in the 1st round of NFL Draft 2011. That should be good for at least 2 years.

Free agency has been murder on my Jersey budget.

Sigh...My [7 Theisman] lasted me a DECADE! Can you even imagine such a thing anymore?

Posted by: LeggoMyEggo | December 19, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

8t. Rock Cartwright, Redskins, 8th
8t. Santino Quaranta, D.C. United, 8th*
11t. Gilbert Arenas, Wizards, 7th
11t. Nakia Sanford, Mystics, 7th
11t. Fred Smoot, Redskins, 7th*
* - Denotes seasons were non-consecutive

If you purchased your [#45 Sellers] Jersey you won the Redskins Jersey Lotto!

Free agency has been murder on my Jersey budget.

Posted by: LeggoMyEggo | December 19, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

Grossout in Dallas!

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | December 19, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

This defense totally SUCKS! New coaching on the way!!!!!!!

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | December 19, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

So what Snyder is still making a profit.

Posted by: omegamgt | December 19, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

The story I can't wait to see on the Sports Bog ...

"Mike Shanahan's Name On The Head Coach's Parking Spot Has Been Painted Over."

Now THAT would make my day.

Posted by: CommonSenseDude | December 19, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

This is why i only buy retired player's jerseys. I got my Russ Grimm and Riggo jerseys this year and love em. I'd love to get a cooley but with this owner, you just cant bank on anything.

Posted by: buke | December 19, 2010 4:48 PM | Report abuse

The story I can't wait to see on the Sports Bog ...

"Mike Shanahan's Name On The Head Coach's Parking Spot Has Been Painted Over."

Now THAT would make my day.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

YOU AND ME BOTH!

Posted by: DC2Dallas | December 19, 2010 5:38 PM | Report abuse

I sure hope the future QB in waiting does no pick #5 for their jersey...shuler+mcnabb=bummer

Maybe D.Mcnabb can run for congress? but any bill he'll pass would certainly find the floor...

Posted by: boricuabopper | December 19, 2010 7:02 PM | Report abuse

There are still a few black players you can blame the loss on. Who is it this week?

Posted by: fresno500 | December 19, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: fresno500 | December 19, 2010 7:28 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, Shanahan must be a racist because he benched McNabb after the worst 13 game stretch of his 12-year career. Never mind the fact that Rex Grossman just threw for more TDs than any Redskin QB in 5 years.

You know you are intellectually inferior when you can't come up with any kind of counter argument when you disagree with something other than crying racism.

Calling someone a racist is one of the most disgusting things you can say about a human being. If you make that claim you better damn well have some irrefutable evidence. But your claim is 100% baseless. It says a hell of a lot more about you than it does about Shanahan.

Grow up and get a clue.

Posted by: Barno1 | December 19, 2010 7:46 PM | Report abuse

Tell it to Haynesworth.

Posted by: fresno500 | December 19, 2010 7:50 PM | Report abuse

GD loser from the city that hero-worships sadistic dog torturing trash. Get rid of him.

Posted by: pooftah2 | December 19, 2010 8:08 PM | Report abuse

I never thought I would relinquish being a redskins fan. I am turning my loyalty to a real franshire. Steelers

Posted by: rayjay1 | December 19, 2010 8:15 PM | Report abuse

okay

Posted by: rayjay1 | December 19, 2010 8:16 PM | Report abuse

The Skins are dead to me. I'm not leaving and I go down with the ship...but they are dead to me. Until we get some REAL talent, teh Skins will continually be terrible. OL and DL FIRST!!!

Posted by: TampaBayareaRedskinsfan | December 19, 2010 8:25 PM | Report abuse

It is nice watching a game without any expectations...

Posted by: samiismoni14 | December 19, 2010 9:04 PM | Report abuse

The new still price seems kind of high. All I want to do is let my dogs sleep or pee on this uniform. Should I not get a discount for this?

Posted by: Bill5193 | December 19, 2010 9:15 PM | Report abuse

As some people said, I can't wait for Mike Shanahan's name to painted over on his parking spot, but as a secondary wish, let's hope they paint over Kyle's, Haslett's and Danny Smith's while they are at it. We need some good coaching before we can go anywhere!

Posted by: rpm2nite | December 19, 2010 9:34 PM | Report abuse

McNabb's jersey soon to be reduced to the official change your oil in your car attire.

Posted by: laserwizard | December 19, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

Wow...what a first! A retailer apologizing for putting a product ON SALE and now "assuring" customers that they can pay full price for the item.

Only the redskins...

Posted by: peauxsucent888 | December 19, 2010 11:44 PM | Report abuse

Wow...what a first! A retailer apologizing for putting a product ON SALE and now "assuring" customers that they can pay full price for an item.

Only the redskins...

Posted by: peauxsucent888 | December 19, 2010 11:45 PM | Report abuse

Are you looking to refinance your mortgage? Best way is to contact at least three to five lenders for input on mortgage programs and rates. Also search online for "123 Mortgage Refinance" since refinanced my loan to 3.29% with my OK credit history.

Posted by: trinatate | December 20, 2010 3:02 AM | Report abuse