Posted at 4:54 PM ET, 01/14/2011

Georgetown fans continue to wear costumes

By Dan Steinberg

It's been a while, but I used to relentlessly chronicle the costumes Georgetown fans wore to Georgetown games. I don't know why they did it, and I don't know why I chronicled it. But, if my past blogging is correct, in one span I saw an Easter Bunny, a banana, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, some zoot suiters, a 10-piece red-and-gold clad marching band, a cow, a Pikachu, a devil, an angel, a Mexican wrestler, a parrot and a chicken.

That was three years ago, and I hadn't much thought about that before Wednesday, when I happened to notice the Super Mario Bros. with prominent seats to watch the Hoyas get blasted by Pitt. So apparently, the tradition lives on.

Oh, and so does the banana.

(By Mitchell Layton - Getty)

By Dan Steinberg  | January 14, 2011; 4:54 PM ET
Categories:  College Basketball, Georgetown
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jason Campbell on the D.C. distractions
Next: Atlantic 11 Week 8: Georgetown. Yeah. Really.

Comments

These might be the same guys who ran the Marine Corps Marathon this past October. It looks like the may have switched costumes though.

Posted by: aspencer80 | January 14, 2011 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: _Stumped_ | January 14, 2011 7:41 PM | Report abuse

GTown Blows. Give Gary Williams that roster and they're a top 5 team.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2011 8:06 PM | Report abuse

"Give Gary Williams that roster and they're a top 5 team."

Isn't that the truth, Diesel44!

Posted by: Hattrik | January 15, 2011 9:00 AM | Report abuse

Nerds

Posted by: Barno1 | January 15, 2011 8:03 PM | Report abuse

@Diesel44 - yeah, gary is a wizard. not sure who else could have blown a 12 point lead with ten minutes left like he just did. bet that one was so close you could almost taste it. lol...

Posted by: funkey | January 16, 2011 9:24 AM | Report abuse

GTown Blows. Give Gary Williams that roster and they're a top 5 team.

Posted by: Diesel44 | January 14, 2011 8:06 PM

Get Gary off the golf course and maybe he could recruit a roster like that.

Posted by: Kev29 | January 17, 2011 7:51 AM | Report abuse

Show me one Redskins fan that thought we were going to the Super Bowl with McNabb.

Posted by: HogsHaven | January 14, 2011 3:18 PM

I did, but not necessarily like you might think. I thought he and I were gonna become best buds and hang out and play Madden and drink free Dr. Pepper and we'd at least fly down to Dallas on his winged unicorn to catch the big game.

And so far, none of that has happened, so this is kind of a sad time for me.

Posted by: freakzilla | January 17, 2011 11:43 AM | Report abuse