Posted at 3:05 PM ET, 01/26/2011

Ozzy Osbourne in a Caps jersey

By Dan Steinberg

(Courtesy Washington Capitals)

You know who's good at getting celebrities involved with their franchise? The Washington Capitals. Just a few months after getting Tom Green to Unleash the Fury while wearing an actual Caps jersey, the game entertainment folks were at it again, throwing Ozzy Osbourne up on the Verizon Center screen during Monday's Rangers game.

Osbourne's single, "Scream," has been used as one of the team's re-entry videos when the players come back on the ice after intermissions this season, which made the connection. So Ozzy got a Caps jersey with "O" as the number and "OZZY" as the name, and he taped a little spot introducing the video, saying "Hey Caps fans, This is Ozzy Osbourne. Let me hear you SCREAM!" Then fans screamed.

(He wasn't the only celebrity involved with the Rangers game, either. Mark Lerner brought Jayson Werth and Ryan Zimmerman to the game in the owner's box, and Cal Ripken -- who had bought a ticket -- wound up stopping by and then watching the game from the same box. That's a lot of baseball talent in one hockey suite.)

Stay tuned for a couple more Ozzy-related Caps surprises. And well done to the chaps who set this up.

(Courtesy Washington Capitals)

By Dan Steinberg  | January 26, 2011; 3:05 PM ET
Categories:  Caps
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Did Ovechkin dive?
Next: Whatever happened to the Capstronaut?

Comments

"Mr. Steinberg,
What went on in your head?
Mr. Steinberg,
Did you talk with the Ted?"

"I love you people!"

-- O. Osbourne

Posted by: WaPoPimp | January 26, 2011 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Coincidentally, I dined at The Rock Wood Fired Pizza (a chain out here in Washington State) last night, and had the "Crazy Train."

Pepperoni, hot Italian sausage, peppered bacon, caramelized onions, garlic, oregano and hot cherry peppers.

Deee-lish.

Posted by: freakzilla | January 26, 2011 3:35 PM | Report abuse

Orioles did a video this year of him saying "Hey Orioles fans....this is Ozzy Osbourne...let me hear you scream".

Posted by: balraven | January 26, 2011 3:42 PM | Report abuse

The Orioles? When did that air? I can't ever recall seeing that one and I go to a lot of O's games.

Posted by: EricS2 | January 26, 2011 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for this. I was afraid I was hallucinating ...

Posted by: pirate1 | January 26, 2011 4:49 PM | Report abuse

The things I miss when I sit down low instead of my usual 400-level seats.

Posted by: JillC | January 27, 2011 10:39 AM | Report abuse

I wonder how much money that wife of his tried to get out of the Caps for doing this.

This is awesome, but Ozzy needs to stop making new records. Scream is terrible.

Ozzy-- from a longtime fan: divorce the wife and cut off the kids.

Posted by: GFisher1 | January 28, 2011 8:51 AM | Report abuse

Enough of the stupid gimmicks to get the fans to cheer. we dont need 120 decibles of speed metal during timeouts either. let the real fans-Goat/Smiley/Cowbell/All Your fault guy- do their thing.

Posted by: colezig37 | January 29, 2011 6:23 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, the Orioles beat them to this one.

Posted by: mhaslup | January 29, 2011 10:52 PM | Report abuse