Posted at 3:14 PM ET, 01/24/2011

Wizards fans attempt trampoline dunks

By Dan Steinberg

Whether half of this is staged, or the whole thing is staged, I quite enjoyed it.

I still don't really enjoy G-Man, though. I mean, he's a great dunker and all, but what is he, exactly? What's with those muscles? Why isn't he a Wizard? A dunking Wizard might be cool. Or a dunking Chipotle burrito. Or a Dunking Donut. But a blue muscle creature is sort of weird.

Anyhow, I quite enjoyed the video.

UPDATE: The Wizards -- piloted by Ted "We love blogs, we love new media, we're so friendly to new media and blogs, we love all those plucky little blogs and their new media tools" Leonsis -- have pulled the video from YouTube. If you'd like to see it, you'll have to go to their site to watch it. Which makes sense. Because, you know, so many new media blogs are falling over themselves trying to give this franchise publicity right now.

By Dan Steinberg  | January 24, 2011; 3:14 PM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Gloria Friedgen on Maryland football
Next: Atlantic 11 Week 9: Georgetown. Your Town.

Comments

I believe at least one of those "wizards fans" is the backup Gman.

Posted by: TheOriginalEgon | January 24, 2011 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Dump G-Man. The new mascot should be a mascot version of Leonsis. Seeing the mascot Leonsis dunk off the trampoline would never get old.

Posted by: disgruntledfan | January 24, 2011 3:38 PM | Report abuse

The entire thing is staged. No insurance company would approve a stunt where fans randomly run and jump off a trampoline, signed release or not. And 'Eddie' is probably another person who plays G-Man.

Posted by: SavedByZero | January 24, 2011 3:54 PM | Report abuse

"I quite liked this."

You have to be kidding me. In fact I KNOW you are because you said that phrase twice in the same paragraph. How much did the PR firm that make this beg you to say that?

This is so staged it is the worst attempt I have seen of something trying to go viral I've seen.

Dan. Please tell me you think this is super stupid!

Posted by: mjpanzer | January 24, 2011 4:33 PM | Report abuse

GMan looks like he got lost in a steroids warehouse. Dump him and keep GWiz, assuming they keep the name "Wizards". At least he looks like he's having fun.

I do like the "Secret Service Dunkers" though. Co-Ed fan entertainment is alwasy appreciated, and the gal on the squad can fly.

Posted by: EricS2 | January 24, 2011 5:05 PM | Report abuse

Video appears to have been disappeared, so I'll just have to use my imagination.

Poor choice by that one guy to wear a sombrero. How did he not know that would make it hard to dunk?

Posted by: freakzilla | January 24, 2011 5:22 PM | Report abuse

Here's G-Man's bio (from the Wiz website):

Height: 5' 8''
Weight: 205 lbs. (All Muscle)
Body Type: Extremely Athletic

Favorites
Foods: Egg Whites and Lettuce
TV Shows: Superman, Spiderman, and Batman
Movies: Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies
Song: Macho, Macho Man
Friends: G-Wiz, Wizards’ Fans, Wizards’ Players, Wizard Girls
Sayings: "Nobody Beats the Wiz"
Specialty Dunks: Front Flip, 360, Triple Through the Legs, Reverse and Statue of Liberty

Posted by: TwoBuckChuck | January 24, 2011 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Shameful. This franchise needs to stop with the hijinx and focus on WINNING

Posted by: getjiggly2 | January 25, 2011 9:43 AM | Report abuse

The other night at the Suns, game, one of the Secret G men, actually hurt themselves pretty bad when he jumped off the trampoline and landed awkwardly, had to get carried off the floor, the afro-american guy with the mohawk. So there is NO way the "fans" are random folks. It's entertaining, but staged...

Posted by: booyeah23 | January 25, 2011 2:25 PM | Report abuse