Posted at 2:21 PM ET, 01/12/2011

Would Kenny Chesney make you buy Redskins tickets?

By Dan Steinberg

I got an e-mail from Reader A. on Wednesday morning. He bought a pair of Redskins 400-level season tickets before the 2008 season, and kept them for the length of Jim Zorn's tenure. His seats were near the top of the stadium, and after the Redskins told him they couldn't improve the seats prior to the 2010 season, A. canceled his season tickets and moved on.

The Redskins, though, haven't given up on A. And so, Wednesday morning, they tried to woo him back with this amazing offer of one complimentary upper-level Kenny Chesney ticket if he rejoined the season-ticket fraternity.

Surprisingly, A. said not even a complimentary upper-level Kenny Chesney ticket has made him change his mind about season tickets. Of course, if he reads the fine print and notices that even the one-time $100 activation fee would be waived, maybe he'll finally come to his senses.

Either way, life goes on. There are 200,000 people on a waiting list, desperate for those seats, with or without complimentary upper-level Kenny Chesney tickets.

By Dan Steinberg  | January 12, 2011; 2:21 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Washington Nationals: Since 1969?
Next: Brandon Banks lets his hair down

Comments

Kenny Chesney sucks. So no, he wouldn't make me buy Redskins tickets.

Posted by: DixonTheDog | January 12, 2011 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I'm on the list to get season tickets this year and they have been calling, emailing, and sending me postal mail. I got the same exact email offering free Kenny Chesney tickets, like I care. Big whoop. I'd rather have free beer.

Posted by: jennifermbodie | January 12, 2011 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Sarcastic enough, aren't you Dan?

Posted by: Nemo24601 | January 12, 2011 3:05 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, same here. I've been on the list for years and years, had OV tickets for three, and have gotten an offer to buy more for the last five or so, including years I had OV.

You don't go to the back of the line.

Again, Dan, THERE IS NO WAITING LIST, ONLY A SALES LEADS LIST.

I hope this helps. ;^) As funny as these posts are, please recognize that [we all know that] there is no longer a wait list of any real substance.

Posted by: WorstSeat | January 12, 2011 3:09 PM | Report abuse

The constant, never-ending, ad nauseum mocking of the Redskins Waiting List is the lamest part of an otherwise great blog.

Posted by: Barno1 | January 12, 2011 3:20 PM | Report abuse

Wasnt Snyder into marketing and made his fortune that way?

The guy is a moron.

Listen, FREE GRUB at all FED EX events for the entire year, and you'll turn people into a mob of rabid dogs wanting those season tickets.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | January 12, 2011 3:55 PM | Report abuse

I have a friend who has been waiting almost 5 years for tickets. Don't mock those who want a chance to be part of the action.

Posted by: getjiggly2 | January 12, 2011 4:38 PM | Report abuse

The wait list is in name only. Years ago season tickets trickled down to those on the waiting based on what your wait list number was and that was determined by when you signed up for the wait list. Now, all have the same opportunity to get tickets if you opt for these marketing schemes. So someone who signs up today to be on the wait list can secure tickets now ahead of a person who has been on the list for say 27 years (that is how long I had to wait before my number came up an i was 'lucky enough to get my nosebleed seats'). If there really is a wait list, it is name only and does not operate like it used to. Until such time as the team stops ballyhooing about 200,000 and growing names on their wait list, I say continue to mock the list and the marketing techniques.

Posted by: bbmcoachk | January 12, 2011 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: getjiggly2

Oh please. Pick up the phone and call the team! Their number is on METRO BUSES!!

Posted by: capscapscaps2 | January 12, 2011 11:58 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Barno1

Funny, I was gonna say:

The constant, never-ending, ad nauseum mocking of the Redskins Waiting List is the best part of a completely great blog. Barno1, how about the Redskins either admit there's no list or stop saying there is one? Sorry you don't like it when the media refuses to just let whatever comes out of Redskins park stand. Until the Redskins stop saying they have a waiting list, press coverage that illuminates the truth should continue.

Posted by: capscapscaps2 | January 13, 2011 12:03 AM | Report abuse