Posted at 11:17 AM ET, 02/ 9/2011

Chris Hanburger's Redskins room

By Dan Steinberg

(Photos by Laura Mueller for The Post)

I read Rick Maese's story previewing Chris Hanburger's (successful) wait to see if he'd make the Hall of Fame, but I missed the art. I just love that he has photos on his wall of himself wrecking guys 30 years ago.

By Dan Steinberg  | February 9, 2011; 11:17 AM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Buy Terps season tickets and $ave
Next: Brandon Banks wants to gain 11 pounds

Comments

YOU MADE IT CHRIS! I LOVE IT!

You looked small compared to the other Hall of Famers but I'm sure you could hitch a ride around some of their necks with your famous clothesline tackle and go for quite a ride.

I LOVE YOU MAN!

You and the skins of your day gave me more memories than I could ever ask for.

Chris Hanburger
Pat Fisher
Jerry Smith
Sonny Jergenson
Larry Brown
Charlie Hathaway
Charlie Taylor
Roy Jefferson

OH THE MEMORIES!

Posted by: keedrow | February 9, 2011 4:35 PM | Report abuse

I think the guy above meant Chakie HARRAWAY, a running back of that era with the Skins. Now, Len HATHAWAY, was the radio announcer for the Skins in the 60's and early '70s.

Posted by: beyes | February 9, 2011 4:56 PM | Report abuse

I think the guy above meant Charlie HARRAWAY, a running back of that era with the Skins. Now, Len HATHAWAY, was the radio announcer for the Skins in the 60's and early '70s.

Posted by: beyes | February 9, 2011 4:57 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: beyes | February 9, 2011 4:58 PM | Report abuse

Can't wait to be in Canton in August and watch Chris Hanburger be inducted into the HOF. I was there when Darrell Green and Art Monk made it and Redskins Nation should up big time. I know it will be a lot of Cowboy fans their for Prime Time, but as long as a Redskins is also going in at the same time I'm happy with that.

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | February 9, 2011 5:08 PM | Report abuse

Awesome room! Good for you, Chris. Congrats, and thanks for all the great memories.

Posted by: NebraskaSkinsFan | February 10, 2011 8:37 PM | Report abuse

I also grew up watching Chris Hanburger and all the other Redskins. I am so excited that Chris was selected for the hall of fame. What an honor for him. I am also a big time Tarheel fan and that makes it even sweeter for me. Congratulations to a class act guy!!! Dennis(Charlotte, N.C.)

Posted by: dennisstarnes | February 15, 2011 1:10 PM | Report abuse