Posted at 5:13 PM ET, 02/ 4/2011

Daniel Snyder on his patience

By Dan Steinberg

Daniel Snyder did at least seven one-on-one interviews Friday in Dallas, and probably more. He was making the rounds. And one of his stops was with the legendary Mike Francesa of New York's WFAN.

This is not one of Snyder's regular stops, so there were a lot of sort of general questions, which yielded some interesting results. Like this bit, near the beginning of the 16-minute interview, which can be heard in full here.

"They depict you as being a guy who's not nice to people and stuff like that, which is different than screwing up on a player," Francesa said.

"I understand," Snyder answered. "Where we are in Washington D.C. is so run by political atmospherics to everything that the media coverage coming out of D.C. [oozes] a Watergate atmosphere, and I think that has a lot to do with it.

"And look, I want to tell you, I made a lot of stupid decisions early. When I was 34 and I bought the club. I was so young, I can't believe they gave it to a 34-year old. A 34-year-old buying a football team, I thought it was gonna be easy. And I was probably too brash at the time and too young, and probably set that wrong image from the beginning. But I've matured. I'm patient now. I've had cancer. My wife is battling breast cancer. So I'm a survivor, my wife is now a survivor, and things have changed. I'm 46 years old. I've matured.

"And I think that I recognize I probably was too hands-on in the beginning, so they were right about a bunch of things. But the pummeling, or the PiƱata Effect or what have you, a lot of it is over the top. And now what Tony Wyllie wants is 'Hey, I want you out there so people get a chance to know you,' because it's driving him crazy."

Later, Francesa asked Snyder if he has a good relationship with the media.

"I would say with the national media, yes," Snyder answered.

And the local folks?

"Some," Snyder said. "Mark Maske was terrific at the Washington Post for a long, long time. In fact, when I got Joe Gibbs back, he called me and he was practically crying, and he said, 'They're gonna kill me if I don't get this story because it's a stop-the-press story.' And I says, 'All right, all right, stop the press, yeah, yeah, he's back, but he's on a plane trying to get a D-Coordinator right now.' So I've had an off-and-on good relationship with certain members there, but overall, nationally, I think I've got a good relationship."

Francesa also asked about the lawsuit against City Paper, and Snyder, among other things, talked about his wife.

"The most egregious to me personally is he poked fun at my wife's efforts for breast cancer awareness," Snyder said. "And my wife is a national spokesperson for breast cancer for the National Football League. And her efforts are around the clock. I mean, she is working so hard at this thing, and she started this, believe it or not, well before she got breast cancer. She only got breast cancer less than three years ago.

"And she started this 10 years ago, her effort with the Zeta Sorority, etc., and she created this entire momentum for the League. I mean, her efforts go way back, so much so that Roger Goodell said, over dinner, I'd like you to be one of the spokespersons for the NFL on breast cancer and she agreed. Don't make fun of that. That's terrible. That's terrible. So you're dealing with somebody, all they had to do was apologize and do a correction. It's that simple. They need to apologize."

I mentioned this earlier in the week, but just to repeat, the City Paper passage in question said nothing about breast cancer. It briefly quoted Tanya Snyder during a 12-minute TV appearance she made, which was divided pretty much equally between talk about the NFL's fitness initiatives, and talk about Dan Snyder and the Redskins.

By Dan Steinberg  | February 4, 2011; 5:13 PM ET
Categories:  Media, Redskins  | Tags:  Dan Snyder, Dan Snyder Mike Francesa, Dan Snyder WFAN, Daniel Snyder, Daniel Snyder Mike Francesa, Daniel Snyder WFAN
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Daniel Snyder is cheering for the Packers
Next: When Matt Cooke clipped skates with Alex Ovechkin

Comments

First to ask why the heck Snyder is so worked about the comment about his wife. It's not like it disparaged her or anything or demeaned her work in support of the breast cancer fight. She did in fact utter the statements attributed to her, and he didn't put them in a false or disrespectful light at all.

Posted by: RunRiggoRun | February 4, 2011 5:27 PM | Report abuse

Watch it Cheese-Boy, I know something about Watergate "Atmospherics" and Our Dear Owner doesn't take kindly to your subversive insinuations.

Posted by: GGordonLibby | February 4, 2011 5:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: GGordonLibby | February 4, 2011 5:37 PM | Report abuse

I still do not see where the article mentioned Snyder's wife's breast cancer. Nor do I see that listed as a complaint in the laswuit filing. It seems to me the things Riggins said last year about Dan Snyder were very harsh and they should have triggered a lawsuit for defamation of character. BUT, would Snyder sue a living Redskins legend? No way! So he decides to take on a lightweight company and writer and imply his legal expense pockets are a lot deeper than theirs. I guess he and David Donovan and Tony Wylie (who Snyder seems to imply was the one who urged him to file the lawsuit (I see a fall guy scenario coming)) figured that no one will notice much about who their going after with this lawsuit.

Posted by: bbmcoachk | February 4, 2011 5:46 PM | Report abuse

Ironically, this is the same Dave McKenna canned by the WP after a bizarre meltdown from Tony Kornheiser.

Posted by: sleestak3 | February 4, 2011 5:46 PM | Report abuse

McKenna's comments on the radio last year went further than some of what he wrote in the City Paper. He went further in accusing Snyder of criminal behavior and a criminal pattern, so that is the only accusation I can legitimately see be legally challenged.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 4, 2011 6:10 PM | Report abuse

Dan Snyder sucks.

That's all.

Posted by: P00PY_MCP00P | February 4, 2011 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Snyder's alright with me.

Posted by: rickyroge | February 4, 2011 6:22 PM | Report abuse

While there were certainly some stretches and exaggerations in McKenna's article, the overall lampooning of the Redskins' owner had more than enough truth to it (especially in the context of the team's woes on the field during Snyder's tenure) to stand the test of malicious journalism. Snyder's claims of anti-semitism and ridicule of his wife for her breast cancer work are equal parts sad and laughable. Amazing what can come from whole cloth. The franchise has enough problems without these phony accusations and charges adding to the mix.

Posted by: McKinley2 | February 4, 2011 6:22 PM | Report abuse

It's sad, (among the giant vortex of sad associated with this lawsuit), that Dan Snyder has been reduced to inventing a slight against his wife as PR justification for this lawsuit.

There is no mockery of his wife's breast cancer foundation. He mentioned this imaginary slight over 5 times in that interview.

Oh and the biggest way to show you've matured is to actually..............mature. It's not to say "I'M MATURE" in every interview while suing a local paper for imaginary slights against your wife.

Posted by: jbanks979 | February 4, 2011 7:02 PM | Report abuse

I always thought Snyder was a dunderhead, but now he's a liar too.

Posted by: jochpo | February 4, 2011 7:24 PM | Report abuse

I think that he believes that if he repeats the lie over and over, it becomes true.

Posted by: bdwooton | February 4, 2011 8:04 PM | Report abuse

Oh please Snyder...he goes on this PR offensive b/c he knows this lawsuit thing has been a disaster and he's more hated than ever in DC. Stop with the "they attacked my wife" crap. The article referenced your wife saying you've changed and you "have better people around you now". Stop distorting the issue you phony. You are a lousy, miserable, rotten owner. You ruined this franchise.

Posted by: dbunkr | February 4, 2011 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Agree with jbanks. Not only is it sad, it is cowardly and disgusting. False chivarly of protecting his wife from non existent charges to hide that he can't take a bunch. What a bum. His actions are a disgrace to the work his wife does.

Posted by: dcalize | February 4, 2011 9:13 PM | Report abuse

I've never had a problem with Snyder. Before he arrived, the skins attracted free agents like Rod Stephens and Marvcus Patton. Now, the team can attract whomever it wants. I'd rather be that type of franchise than one like the Wizards or Nats where very few free agents will come. Much of the beef with Snyder lies with Joe Gibbs' trading picks. I blame Snyder for keeping Vinny too long. But that's forgiven since he dismissed him. I don't care much about Jeff George on Deion Sanders. I think Deion played well for one year and Bruce Smith played okay for several. No big deal to me. He just needed to get rid of Vinny which he has done. Gibbs traded many draft picks and is responsible for the horrible 2006 free agent class. Snyder just needs better personnel evaluators. Gibbs and Cerrato were not the answer. Hopefully, Shanahan and Allen are better. I would have fired Norv Turner too. I dont blame him for that.

Posted by: skinsdiehard | February 4, 2011 9:32 PM | Report abuse

Maybe if he'd apologize for the ice cream, plasmas, and now for belittleling Maske... Just apologize, you know, maybe then we could forgive.

I'm only half joking. The pot's really calling the kettle black. Matured how? Which bad mistakes? Just apologize Dan.

Posted by: WorstSeat | February 4, 2011 9:37 PM | Report abuse

"I've never had a problem with Snyder. Before he arrived, the skins attracted free agents like Rod Stephens and Marvcus Patton. Now, the team can attract whomever it wants. I'd rather be that type of franchise than one like the Wizards or Nats where very few free agents will come."

Posted by: skinsdiehard

I have to wonder, does the Dan Snyder PR machine pay sock puppets by the post or is it an hourly rate?

Because that comment was blatantly transparent in it's intentions and spectacularly irrelevant to this discussion.

Posted by: jbanks979 | February 4, 2011 11:19 PM | Report abuse

Snyder's alright with me.

Posted by: rickyroge | February 4, 2011 6:22 PM
--------------------------------------

Me too. Screw these local media Bob Woodward wannabe jagoffs.

Posted by: PS7900 | February 4, 2011 11:20 PM | Report abuse

Snyder has a bad rep in DC right now, even Steinz is picking on him, win a couple Super Bowls and everyone'll love him!

Posted by: iubiquity | February 4, 2011 11:20 PM | Report abuse

PS7900 : You wouldn't happen to have Woodward's address, would you?

Posted by: GGordonLibby | February 4, 2011 11:30 PM | Report abuse

He's suing the City Paper? The City Paper?

C'mon, man.

Posted by: Sunshine_Bobby_Carpenter_Is_Too_Pessimistic_For_Me | February 4, 2011 11:31 PM | Report abuse

REDSKINS FANS UNITE!
BOYCOTT DAN SYNDER! STOP GOING TO GAMES NEXT YEAR! DON'T GIVE HIM ANYMORE MONEY TO SQUANDER ON OVER-THE-HILL PLAYERS! I GURANTEE HE WILL HAVE TO GIVE UP THE SKINS AS QUICKLY AS MUBARAK MUST GIVE UP EGYPT! PASS IT ON! BOYCOTT DAN SYNDER!

Posted by: richt47 | February 4, 2011 11:35 PM | Report abuse

REDSKINS FANS UNITE!

Posted by: richt47 | February 4, 2011 11:37 PM | Report abuse

Me too. Screw these local media Bob Woodward wannabe jagoffs.

Posted by: PS7900 | February 4, 2011 11:20 PM | Report abuse

PS7900 : You wouldn't happen to have Woodward's address, would you?

Posted by: GGordonLibby | February 4, 2011 11:30 PM | Report abuse

THIS was pure serendipity. Well-played - taking full advantage of what you're given - Mr. Libby. Comment du jour.

Posted by: stevie_in_gp | February 4, 2011 11:53 PM | Report abuse

Me too. Screw these local media Bob Woodward wannabe jagoffs.

Posted by: PS7900 |
~~~~
PS7900 : You wouldn't happen to have Woodward's address, would you?

Posted by: GGordonLibby |
~~~~~~

Touche'

Posted by: ArmchairGM | February 5, 2011 12:11 AM | Report abuse

Plain and simple, don't talk about a man's wife. It's a punk move to sell papers. Any man that wouldn't defend his wife regardless what was said isn't a man.

The author of the city paper didn't need to mention Synder's wife to get his point across.

To Dan Steinberg, Stop trying to defend the guy already. We know how you stand and you blogging about every chance you get is starting to get old!! MOVE ON!

Posted by: wdhart3 | February 5, 2011 1:23 AM | Report abuse

Dan Snyder, God bless him, is an absolute idiot.

IT'S NOT LIBEL.

Free speech = you can write about the man's wife if you want to do so.

Why doesn't he get that?

Posted by: CF11555 | February 5, 2011 7:56 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: geneyhim | February 5, 2011 8:21 AM | Report abuse

She's a public figure too,like little Danny- this isn't defamation. He's just trying to deflect the criticism about her non-mentioned issue in the article because I think he knows he looks stupid now.

Kornheiser and Snyder both look like dorks

Posted by: geneyhim | February 5, 2011 8:23 AM | Report abuse

My view of little Danny hasn't changed much since seeing him act like a little baby with this lawsuit. He's still an a55 and will always be one. I didnt think it was possible, but I hate him even more because of his lawsuit. Little danny should get a kick in his fanny. I hope he sells the team, I'm sick of him or his wife saying, every year, that he's changed- same old thing, little Danny- and we aint gonna win next year either w/ Shanahan and little Shanahan in there

Posted by: geneyhim | February 5, 2011 8:34 AM | Report abuse

Hey Steinberg - have you stopped to consider that maybe just this ONCE the City Paper and the reporter went over the top? Snyder wants to win - he screws up a lot - but at least he tries. So what about all the other stuff.

Posted by: Stevida | February 5, 2011 8:47 AM | Report abuse

snyder is a blow fish liberal that will rage against anyone who says a single negative thing about him. as barrackem rackem willie obama of youtube fame once siad "shaaaddduuuuppppp."

Posted by: doyouktt | February 5, 2011 8:55 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: doyouktt | February 5, 2011 8:56 AM | Report abuse

doyouktt : Yes, indeed! I'll never forgive him the cool $1500 he gave Hoyer.

Posted by: GGordonLibby | February 5, 2011 9:32 AM | Report abuse

Mr. Stienz,

have you touched on the fact that Comcast and NBC4 haven't touched the story? Only Brett Haber has, even offering Danny boy a full 30 minute newscast to defend his lawsuit.

My personal boycott continues! My family and friends are not only forbidden from buying me any Redskin's gear, but I and my friends and family do not buy ANY NFL gear because Danny get's 1/32 of the revenue. Start cutting in to the other owners profits as well as Danny and the message get's through!

Posted by: Leeguru | February 5, 2011 10:17 AM | Report abuse

Even Danny's admissions are ridiculous:
"And I think that I recognize I probably was too hands-on in the beginning, so they were right about a bunch of things."

Just last year, 2010, he was "too hands-on" while he was playing GM with buddy Vinny.

His campaign to scrub his image clean hasn't worked, he's pissed, and he's taking it out on Dave McKenna for his wonderfully thorough chronicling of the terrible twelve years of Danny's reign of incompetence.

Posted by: minorthread | February 5, 2011 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Stevida | February 5, 2011 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Well, like most of us, Dan Steinberg probably read the article and saw it was a legitimate lampooning of a much reviled owner, cataloging from A-Z all the crap he's dished out over the years. No one has cited any factual errors, and that the article mentions his wife as she tried to talk to media about how much he has changed. That's it. None of this would be in the news unless the Danny threatened to sue. And you're telling Steinberg to "move on?"
Oh, and if I hear one more time about how Daniel Snyder wants to win...
1) What owner doesn't want to win? It's all about going about it in a smart way.
2) He's had 12 years to try to win. But he's only demonstrated his incompetence as an owner while making callous business decisions that directly affected the fans he claims to connect with so much.
3) Those are 12 years we will never get back. They will always be hung around Danny's neck like an albatross. The fans are not going to forget or forgive.
4) McKenna's article was a sign he couldn't ban.

Posted by: minorthread | February 5, 2011 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Dan, I'm ashamed to admit I can't get enough of this story. This is as fun as the Burgundy Revolution last year.

Keep it coming, man!

Posted by: JohninMpls | February 5, 2011 11:00 AM | Report abuse

34 years old was pretty young to be a billionaire and the new owner of such a storied franchise. Can anyone foresee Snyder going anywhere anytime soon?

With expectations at an all time low, my question is, has Snyder changed? Should the fans expect more of the same? Or, are there signs that the team's culture is changing for the better?

3 Signs of change:
1. The hiring of Tony Wyllie, PR Director
2. Snyder's visit with Mike Wise and LaVar and Dukes.
3. The hiring of Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan and the way Snyder conducted himself this past season.

I can think of a few examples of owners who made serious blunders when they started, only to later turn their fortunes around. George Steinbrenner comes to mind. In football, Bob Kraft received a lot of bad press early on. Irsay wasn't a beloved figure. Winning has a way of washing away the sins of the past.

Snyder comes across as naturally disarming over the airwaves. Tony Wyllie, his PR Director has earned every penny of the huge salary that he must be getting.

Reaching out to LaVar was a good thing. LaVar stepped in on Friday and showed the kind of person he was, when he saved the interview by channeling positivity.

Leaving football decisions in the hands of football people was the right decision. Shanahan and Allen will make better football decisions than Cerrato and Snyder over the long haul.

Shanahan and Allen orchestrated an extensive roster turnover. Now they need to develop more consistency and build some momentum. With three positive signs, there remains a black cloud hanging over the franchise.

Draft time is a time of hope and promise. Let's hope the Skins don't blow it by drafting a QB in the 1st round. They need to channel the new sense of patience and sensitivity their owner seems to be projecting.

Maybe the lawsuit wasn't such a dumb idea after all.

Posted by: dannykurland1 | February 5, 2011 11:06 AM | Report abuse

danny boy must be paying alot of money to have idiots post deep comments like'snyder's alright with me'- deep thinkers there-
Drop the cancer angle danny- it is one of the more inexcusable things you have done- hiding behind that? Grow the hell up!

Please just shut your pathetic mouth and move the team to LA so we can hoepfully get the Jaguars. Oh yeah- leave the Redskins name here when you go. You can keep your Redskin belt buckle though.

Posted by: rveatch | February 5, 2011 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: doyouktt

*Snyder is a known contributer to conservative causes and politics. But thanks for the EPIC FAIL in trying to make this political

Posted by: jbanks979 | February 5, 2011 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Someone at The Post should try to figure out what Snyder could be trying to achieve through discovery process, hence filing the lawsuit. Is City Paper in any way standing in the way of his media (radio) empire in the area? This could be a shrewd smokescreen that just keeps the Redskins in the news. Not only that, it keeps breast cancer awareness in the news. It keeps Snyder in the news. Meanwhile, lawsuits are allowing his lawyers to request information about a media business.

Posted by: Xlnt | February 5, 2011 12:39 PM | Report abuse

wow snyder you won't do interviews, with the local media, but miles and miles away from us you do them. Great job jerk

Posted by: bigdiesel42 | February 5, 2011 1:07 PM | Report abuse

So who is Snyder trying to appeal to by talking to all these national media oulets? Most people didn't know about the story in DC until the lawsuit and probably no one outside of DC. No everyone is hearing about it. The best way for him to prove he's "matured" is to not say anything and then let your record in the years to come speak for itself.

Posted by: JW9288 | February 5, 2011 1:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JW9288 | February 5, 2011 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JW9288 | February 5, 2011 1:11 PM | Report abuse

Snyder's use of breast cancer, cancer in general, anti-Semitism, and defending one's wife to explain his lawsuit is truly cowardly. None of these issues apply to McKenna's article nor Snyder's lawsuit. Snyder's wife wasn't attacked, her cancer status was never referenced, and the drawing was simply a depiction of a school kid picture defacement with no anti-Semite intent or content whatsoever. His true character is being revealed in this lawsuit.

Posted by: bowiemd1 | February 5, 2011 1:15 PM | Report abuse

The reason the 'national media' (all the papers outside DC) love him is he has made the Redskins the dumping ground for overpaid, over-the-hill malcontents, and he takes everybody else's problems and makes their teams look good. You will never hear another owner badmouth him, because as long as they keep him around, he makes them look good.

Posted by: 21stCenturyCaveman | February 5, 2011 1:55 PM | Report abuse

Wouldn't it be great if Danny could be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team?

Posted by: Leeguru | February 5, 2011 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Snyder needs to get off this pity party regarding his wife. They did not poke fun at her nor mention her work with breast cancer. He acts as if nobody has read the article and he can make up these slights. Thanks to him everybody has and every time he opens his mouth the article gains more credibility.

Posted by: Mrawl | February 5, 2011 3:02 PM | Report abuse

Tattaglia is a pimp. He never could have outfought Santino. But I didn't know until this day that it was Barzini all along.

Posted by: the_danny | February 5, 2011 3:49 PM | Report abuse

I stopped going to games a couple years ago, so I figure I'll give a few beers' worth of the money I saved to the City Paper's legal defense fund. I highly recommend others do the same.

Posted by: SHLL | February 5, 2011 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: SHLL | February 5, 2011 4:29 PM | Report abuse

Dan Snyder, God bless him, is an absolute idiot.

IT'S NOT LIBEL.

Free speech = you can write about the man's wife if you want to do so.

Why doesn't he get that?

Posted by: CF11555 | February 5, 2011 7:56 AM | Report abuse

You can't accuse someone of criminal activity though. That could be legally considered libel...we'll find out soon enough if it is.

Posted by: Barno1 | February 5, 2011 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Sorry. Daniel Snyder is NOT mature! I'm not sure he ever will be.

Posted by: mmck | February 5, 2011 6:51 PM | Report abuse

barno1, journalism has never been successfully prosecuted in this country. also, I hate you.

Posted by: chinatown | February 6, 2011 3:07 AM | Report abuse

Keep it coming, man!

Posted by: JohninMpls | February 5, 2011 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Awesome. I totally agree. I think the Burgundy Revolution was the single productive thing I've ever seen come from interweb comment boards like this one. Clearly, if Daniel could Mubarak our electronic media, he would, but he has to content himself with organizing angry mobs of lawyers to chase down journalists like McKenna. And throw a few plainclothesmen into the commenteriat.

Again, some points.
1) Twice Daniel Snyder has demonstrated that he cares what we think. The dissent over hiring Jim Fassel caused him to pull away from that pick and initiate the glory that was the Maroon and Black era. Then the Burgundy Revolution got us a real front office and coach.
2) His PR campaign to sell his message of Change didn't win the hearts and minds he wanted. The City Paper article was the nail in the coffin. Daniel still thinks he can rehabilitate his image like the past 12 years never happened. Too late. He's even pitching the revisionist history that he was "too meddling back in the beginning of his tenure as owner," when, of course, that was still last year.
3) The lawsuit, obviously, shows how little he's changed. Still a petty drama-king who can't remain off-stage. And this past season on the field was wasted as we had to spend it dismantling the mess his bungling created.
4) The Skins to LA, Jaguars to here scenario is fascinating. It's the only possibile way to not live through another 30 years of Daniel's ownership. Moving the team to LA allows him to save face, move to a locale that will appreciate the comic stylings of his drama, and let him hobnob with the stars. Win/win!

Posted by: minorthread | February 6, 2011 8:33 AM | Report abuse

Snyder is conservative... want to know how we all know he is a right winger, its in the above article.

He viewed "Watergate" as a negative.

FYI someone should let him know that saying you are getting watergated for this whole thing means you are guilty of what people accuse you of and that it will end in your resignation.

Posted by: alex35332 | February 6, 2011 8:53 AM | Report abuse

"Snyder just needs better personnel evaluators. Gibbs and Cerrato were not the answer. Hopefully, Shanahan and Allen are better. I would have fired Norv Turner too. I dont blame him for that.

Posted by: skinsdiehard | February 4, 2011 9:32 PM"
-->Snyder teams by my count, have made the playoffs THREE times, Gibbs coached two of them. While I would NOT have hired Gibbs because you can't usually repeat past glory (i.e. Earl Weaver's second go-around). Gibbs was probably Snyder's best hire so far, atleast on paper. While he didn't lead them to a dynasty period like the '80s, his tenure was definitely respectable. In terms of Turner, he led them to the playoffs the year before and had a winning record at the time, and then didn't make the playoffs. He's had a mixed record as head coach to say the least.

Just as I thought Snyder was starting to get it with hiring Allen/Shannahan (I think the latter is a bit overrated, his career has gone downward since Elway retired but nonetheless he's respectable) and I thought he did a great job at the DC Owners Sports Forum, and my first thought was he should make similar appearances. Suing a "minor" paper is just drawing more attention to himself. I had never heard of the piece before he filed the lawsuit.

Dan, drop the suit, you have bigger issues like bringing back a great team whose image has been severely tarnished under your leadership.

Posted by: break20 | February 6, 2011 9:36 AM | Report abuse

""And my wife is a national spokesperson for breast cancer for the National Football League..."

Kornheiser and Snyder both look like dorks

Posted by: geneyhim | February 5, 2011 8:23 AM"
-->Fair or unfair, Snyder should know owning a major professional sports team, particularly one with the stature of the Redskins comes with a "price." His whole family is in the public arena and their moves will be scrunitized. If he can't handle it, he shouldn't own the team.

Posted by: break20 | February 6, 2011 9:49 AM | Report abuse

Here is an idea:
Take the illustration -- the one showing Snyder as a devil -- print it on stickers and silk screen it on T-shirts.

Sell them for $10. Donate the profits to the Simon Wiesenthal Center

Put the stickers all over DC and wear the shirts to any Snyder-backed event.

Posted by: Justice1012 | February 6, 2011 12:58 PM | Report abuse

As a sister in that "Zeta Sorority" ( Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity) It's clear to me that Dan Mubarak Snyder is clearly trying to distort the facts of this article by invoking my organization and the works of his wife when it's really about his inability to create a winning football team. Snyder you are a despotic owner and clearly ignorant of the first amendment. I refuse to buy any more redskins merchandise until you withdraw this joke of a lawsuit.

Posted by: NoVaViA757 | February 6, 2011 1:25 PM | Report abuse

The best thing that could happen to us short of Danny selling the team would be if he were to get caught doing something illegal and suspended a la George Steinbrenner and we'd truly have a period free of his interference to rebuild the offensive and defensive lines. Even if you believe that he's not giving explicit personel decisions, at the very least, I believe he's given an edict to never truly rebuild, as he doesn't want to take the potential revenue hit. Thus, you trade draft picks for a quarterback who needed to be surrounded by superior talent at this stage in his career to be successful rather than keep the servicable QB and use those draft picks to build depth and talent. Maybe we would have been 4-12, but i'd be more hopeful in that scenario than I am now

Posted by: DocHolliday1906 | February 6, 2011 3:31 PM | Report abuse