Posted at 11:22 AM ET, 02/14/2011

Jayson Werth's beard is back

By Dan Steinberg

Say, look at that. Washington sports officially has a new beard in town. If you count Viera as town. Anyhow, this image -- from MLB.com's Bill Ladson -- sure looks a lot different than the guy who met the media at Nats Park in December.

The other iconic image of the Nationals week thus far is seen below, via @NationalsPR. That's a bit more orderly than the beard.

By Dan Steinberg  | February 14, 2011; 11:22 AM ET
Categories:  Nats
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Scenes from Virginia Tech's blackout
Next: Lorenzo Alexander on the City Paper lawsuit

Comments

A recognizable solid "personality" on the Nats with Werth's beard would be a welcome replacement for the Tony Plush Elvis wig. Wilson, Damon and Fingers are but three notable ballplayers that roused the fan base with their distinct facial hair. Hope he's allowed to do what he wants with his hair.

Posted by: McKinley2 | February 14, 2011 11:36 AM | Report abuse

I guess those are this year's new BP jerseys?

Posted by: Cosmo06 | February 14, 2011 12:11 PM | Report abuse

I guess those are this year's new BP jerseys?

Posted by: Cosmo06 | February 14, 2011 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't look much different than Adam Dunn's beard looked this time last year, back when you guys weren't paying any attention to the Nats.

Posted by: FeelWood | February 14, 2011 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Nice to see guys like Werth there early in camp!

Posted by: GoingGoingGone | February 14, 2011 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Werth later went on to say "Well, I kinda wish I had resigned with the Phillies."

Posted by: P00PY_MCP00P | February 14, 2011 1:14 PM | Report abuse

POOPY, I know everyone in Nat's Journal hates you. And I'm a die hard Nats fan, but I don't hate you, because you always make me laugh.

Posted by: lj1126 | February 14, 2011 1:35 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: lj1126 | February 14, 2011 1:36 PM | Report abuse

I got to say, new jerseys are very ST TNG. Can we make beards a requirement for all Nats players? And maybe fans as well?

Posted by: alex35332 | February 14, 2011 6:14 PM | Report abuse