Posted at 2:27 PM ET, 02/ 8/2011

The Redskins "We Are Washington" intro video

By Dan Steinberg

Earlier Tuesday, I pointed out that the Caps have a new opening video, which prominently features the phrase "We Are Washington."

Well, they're not the first D.C. pro sports team to use that phrase in their intro video. This year. As a Redskins official pointed out to me, the Skins's 2010 intro video -- played before every home game -- started with the phrase "We Are Washington." It also featured cool vintage Redskins footage, and lots of memorials.

By Dan Steinberg  | February 8, 2011; 2:27 PM ET
Categories:  Caps, Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Trevor Booker is a machine
Next: Meet the George Mason basketball team

Comments

Yes, we are Washington..what does that mean... so is Seattle? So is George. So is Denzel.. whom I've come to hate since discovering he's from NY but a big Cowboys' fan! Hate interloping claim jumpers of his disgusting ilk!!

Posted by: iubiquity | February 8, 2011 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Didn't even play the video; saw that the image was Gibbs holding up the Lombardi Trophy, and just laughed.

Well, I guess when the present sucks, the recent past sucks, and the not-particularly-recent past sucks, you'd better reach WAY back.

A child born on the day of the Skins' last Super Bowl (1/27/92)would now be more than old enough to vote.

Please.

Posted by: Gunga2009 | February 8, 2011 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Only thing "Washington" the Redskins are interested in are the dollar bills filling their bottom line year after year of assembling a mediocre football product for their fans.

thank you $nyder.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | February 8, 2011 4:16 PM | Report abuse

I was born in 93 and have never seen Redskins greatness. Yet, I'm still a passionate fan. I'll always root for my skins, because I'm proud o' em. We'll get back someday, someday soon.

You babies don't deserve a quality football team with that bad attitude, have some pride in your team!

Posted by: redskinsfan13 | February 8, 2011 4:43 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: redskinsfan13 | February 8, 2011 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Redskinsfan13:

Shut up.

Who are you to tell anyone else how to and how to not root for the Redskins, let alone any sports team.

Get back to us when you don't need a fake ID or to shoulder-tap to buy beer.

Posted by: P00PY_MCP00P | February 8, 2011 5:39 PM | Report abuse

IIIIIII feel like there was a Deion clip in that video. Someone needs to get fired.

Posted by: JohnnyBlades | February 8, 2011 6:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JohnnyBlades | February 8, 2011 6:19 PM | Report abuse

The Redskins are Landover.

Posted by: capscapscaps2 | February 8, 2011 10:49 PM | Report abuse

Where's the part where the Eagles hang 50+ points in 3 quarters? Or when the Giants RBs run all through the defense? How about our offense going 3 and out against Dallas all the time?

Posted by: Scoonie97 | February 9, 2011 8:26 AM | Report abuse