Posted at 9:42 AM ET, 03/ 6/2011

Video: Trevor Booker's putback dunks

By Dan Steinberg

Here's something I wrote last week:

Say this for the 2010-2011 Wizards: they continue to produce amazing highlight-reel nudge-your-neighbor top plays. In losses. Whilst slouching toward the lottery.

Events put the lie to that statement. The Wizards also produce amazing highlight-reel nudge-your-neighbor top plays in wins, whilst horribly damaging their lottery chances.

Here are Trevor Booker's back-to-back putback dunks from Saturday night's win over the Timberwolves. With a loss, the Wizards would have been only a half-game out from having the second-worst record in the NBA. With the win, they climbed up to fourth-worst.

Either way, these dunks were nice. The money quote came from Kevin Love, via Wiz Insider:

"You see the mascots jumping off the trampoline, that's what it felt like he was doing in there. He's an athletic freak," Love said of Booker. "I got off at that 10th floor, he got off at the 12th. That was the deal."

By Dan Steinberg  | March 6, 2011; 9:42 AM ET
Categories:  Wizards
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: David Gregory unleashes the fury
Next: Video: American loses on buzzer beater

Comments

ok he can dunk.. I'm impressed.. what else can he do?

Posted by: iubiquity | March 6, 2011 12:40 PM | Report abuse

He can rebound and hustle. You need guys like that on every team.

Posted by: tundey | March 6, 2011 2:39 PM | Report abuse

stuff likes this makes me want to pay attention to the 'zards and start to like this young group of players. I guess I'm just a sucker for dunks.

Posted by: notthecrochunter | March 6, 2011 3:05 PM | Report abuse

He can rebound and hustle. You need guys like that on every team.

Posted by: tundey

oh, I was hoping he could do something else like... I don't know.. play basketball!

Posted by: iubiquity | March 6, 2011 8:27 PM | Report abuse

"..whilst horribly damaging their lottery chances."
By Dan Steinberg |

Exactly why I did not want this win.. problem is, neither did Minnesota. Playing that vaunted whorehouse defense at the end.

Posted by: iubiquity | March 6, 2011 8:48 PM | Report abuse

I agree with Love. Booker's always going to be an overachiever because of his short height. His 2 handed slam over Love was the stuff of legend.

Posted by: RedCherokee | March 7, 2011 4:23 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: iubiquity

Right. 'Cause rebounding, hustle, put-backs and athleticism have nothing to do with basketball. Apparently Dennis Rodman and Ben Wallace can't play basketball (not that Booker is at their level, but that's the skill set he represents).

Posted by: nkeitt | March 7, 2011 9:33 AM | Report abuse

He can score too. It's just that Flip's offense is not focussed towards him. Heck, Young didn't even start and get lots of minutes like almost halfway of the season. Booker has a scoring title during College. He needs to be a starter for him to be better and gain confidence. He will be an impact player given the chance.

Posted by: bdunkadunk | March 7, 2011 10:29 AM | Report abuse

Ernie made a heck of a pick here.

Posted by: slick3 | March 7, 2011 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Ernie made a heck of a pick here.

Posted by: slick3 |

I know you didn't just invoke the name of Ernie Bumfeld, the babbling fool, imitation gm loser!

Posted by: iubiquity | March 7, 2011 12:24 PM | Report abuse