Two new Fenty hip-hop tracks

Say what you want about Peaceoholics co-founder Ron Moten, but when he promises two more Adrian Fenty-themed hip-hop tracks, he delivers two new Adrian Fenty-themed hip-hop tracks.

Following up on "Five for Fenty," rapper Stinky Dink's homage to west-coast classic "I Got 5 On It," are a pair of Moten-produced odes to Hizzoner based on familiar tracks.

One is a nod to the old school, a riff on Blackstreet's 1996 classic "Don't Leave Me." Behold, "Don't Leave Us, Fenty." A sample lyric from MC Big Wax of the Circle Boys: "Where's Mr. Vince Gray when you need him / he's busy with Emmanuel Bailey's private meetings / I rep the Green Team, 'cause these the new days / we educated ourselves, no longer prison slaves ... so place your ballots up September 14 / vote for the Green Team or we might get anything." That segues into the chorus, sung by Backyard Band's Weensy: "If you ta-a-ake Fenty away from D.C, we'll go ba-a-ckwards. That'd be craaa-a-aaazy!"

The second is more up-to-the-minute, based on Drake's summer hit "Fancy." In the hands of Executive Producer Moten, it becomes "U Fenty, Huh?" It also features Big Wax, with guest appearances by rappers Stinky Dink, Kel the Extraordinary and Sike G.

Sample lyric: "Test scores up by 11 percent, the largest gain in the nation, now that's education / the schools got remodeled with some modernization / the lowest crime rate in a long, long time / seven-point-two reduction in violent crime / homicides decline, that's top of the line / and emergency service responds in better time."

Do not fear: Moten says two more tracks are on the way.

By Mike DeBonis  |  August 6, 2010; 1:47 PM ET
Categories:  Adrian Fenty , DCision 2010 , The District
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: DeMorning DeBonis: Aug. 6, 2010
Next: DeMorning DeBonis: Aug. 9, 2010

Comments

I am going to be sick. Why do you print this mess.

Posted by: dccounselor72 | August 6, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

I gotta say, the "Fenty huh" track is tight. Nice production.

Posted by: concernedaboutdc2 | August 6, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

I gotta say, the "Fenty huh" track is tight. Nice production.

Posted by: concernedaboutdc2 | August 6, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Love the songs! "Go" Fenty got my you vote!

Posted by: cityoftroy1 | August 6, 2010 3:45 PM | Report abuse

Great production work better than the originals ..Who ever produced it whats there name?

Posted by: cityoftroy1 | August 6, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

I sit here laughing b/c team Fenty thinks a few songs will change the election. Please. No song could get me to vote for Fenty again.

Posted by: DCJUSTICE | August 6, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

The way to reach black voters in DC is to appeal to our love of hip-hop, go-go, street.

One only has to wonder if a white candidate used the same platform, calls of racism would be aplenty.

But Fenty's black, so it all gravy slim. That be da shyt that gets these mofos to polls son. Yeah, straight like dat.

Real talk.

*insert finger in mouth here*

Posted by: dcis1 | August 6, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

Well i guess you will be sitting there laughing .He has my Vote Go Fenty 4 more years..

Posted by: cityoftroy1 | August 6, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

This convict ron moten will be in the past after emancipation day sept 14th. Rap on That.

Posted by: dcgovcorruption | August 6, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

Contrary to most of the beliefs I understand the scheme. I love the songs they are really good especially "U Fenty huh?" off of drakes Thank me later. Clever if it works on others. My vote is a very serious opinion of mine and Mayor fenty has it. Not because of a song, because of the truth, the music just gives me something to smile over. Go Kel-Extraordinaire!!!

Posted by: colemanhova | August 6, 2010 5:10 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Trulee | August 6, 2010 5:18 PM | Report abuse

To. dcgovcorruption obviously you have something against R.Moten just say it, You scared say you scared that Mayor Fenty might beat this election .."U Fenty huh' Hatter, Moten keep doing what ur doing I got nutti'n but luv 4 you...Great songs! you have alot of nervous people up here. Don't go backwards "I see the truth "Facts not Fiction.. Fenty 4 more years...

Posted by: cityoftroy1 | August 6, 2010 6:15 PM | Report abuse

To. dcjustice...Shut up! Hatter. Do some work...Fenty 4 more years..

Posted by: cityoftroy1 | August 6, 2010 6:20 PM | Report abuse

That stuff is very well produced. Love it.

Posted by: politicalrealist | August 6, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

This is some garbage!!!

Why anyone in their right mind would allow this idiot Ron Moten near their child is beyond me. He represents himself to be absolutely opposite of anything any respectable parent would for their child or young adult. This man in essence is a Poverty Pimp!!!!

For those who don't know... and I PRAY that some young people are reading this along with the Go-Go Bands...

Ron moten and the Beefaholics received close to 20 Million Dollars in Funding from the DC Gov't in 3.5 years and they are now claiming that they are broke.

Where is the money???

Where are the documented results????

The last young people who were under their supervision had escaped judicial custody, attended a field trip with them and then promptly returned and murdered the principal in Silver Spring.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS WHAT MY TAX DOLLARS ARE PAYING FOR!!!!!

THIS IS WHO YOUR MAYOR HAS AS HIS RIGHT HAND!!!

Posted by: RealTalkDC | August 6, 2010 9:52 PM | Report abuse

To. RealTalkDC 4 Real talk the peaceofholics has done great by my child and lots of other, Maybe it's your up bringing of you and your child.. What they curse you out, And have no one to handle them huh! get a grip on life stop hatten.. Vote Fenty Bamma.. And by the way what taxes you pay? Worrying about other people Funds

Truth

Posted by: colemanhova | August 7, 2010 1:41 AM | Report abuse

Please, for the love of god, why is this worthy of a column in the post? Aren't there critical issues to be looked at regarding the direction this city will be going in during the next four years? I am not a Fenty supporter and my decision is based on very serious concerns and issues. "Say what you want about Ron Moten"????? No. Be concerned about his actions, please. I have recently seen the media refer to him as a community organizer and state that he stepped down from Peacoholics, in part, to be a part of the Fenty campaign. And, the post and other media seem more than content to shower him with as much attention and coverage as possible. As someone who has been most enthusiastic about Peacoholics in the past - all I can say now is that I hope for the sake of the kids that they can get back to where they used to be. Ron Moten has yet to respond to enquires about the vast amount of funds given to Peacoholics, their performance in being one of 3 community groups given over 6 million dollars last year to monitor the top 60 juvenile offenders placed in the community (those who have a record of repeat violent offenses)and, again, the lack of accountability and information on their vast funding. It came from city dollars - our money. Ron Moten was making over 99,000 dollars a year prior to stepping down from Peacoholics. Is he a paid member of the Fenty campaign and how much is he being paid? How about really letting us know about Ron Moten and putting fluff info about songs as a footnote? I won't even go into his abusive behavior that he displays on a regular basis. I don't want to hear about campaign songs - I respect my fellow dc voters and believe they're above being sold on a song.

Posted by: mjvdc | August 7, 2010 1:42 AM | Report abuse

To. Dc counselor72 you going to be sick' huh" ? Then vomit stop reading this type of stuff ...From the words of R.Moten a wise man once told me if you stay in the sun to long you going to get blisters...

Posted by: colemanhova | August 7, 2010 1:47 AM | Report abuse

Thank you realtalkdc. There are no documented results. As someone who was close to a family whose child was murdered - a family who with other families has been desperately trying to find out what was going on regarding the supposed monitoring of offenders in the community (one individual charged in these murders was in a Peacoholics group home) - no information - no response - nothing - for months now.

colemanhova - we have no dispute over any successes this group has had with kids. We know some of them. Peacoholics and 2 other groups received over 6 million dollars (this was just to monitor juv. offenders)less than a year ago. The families I know just want info and, yes, their/our taxes did pay for this. Please put yourself in their shoes - their kids are dead - you cannot imagine how being denied any answers tears them up and compounds their grief. Anger is building, but it's not about hating.

Posted by: mjvdc | August 7, 2010 2:00 AM | Report abuse

Trulee writes, "If Gabe Klein puts "U Fenty, Huh" on a constant loop on all the Circulators, Fenty's got my vote. Word."

I sincerely believe that Trulee and many other good people believe this, but the Ward 2 and 3 folks traveling the Circulators to their jobs downtown are going to choke on their avocado and sprout sandwiches. The National Symphony crowd that support Fenty have a very different view of the mayor.

Posted by: AGAAIA | August 7, 2010 8:33 AM | Report abuse

To colemanhova:

To you with all respect....There is a certain way you should conduct yourself when not just mine but OUR TAX DOLLARS are being spent to fund the Beefaholics. Ron Moten ...I Swear.... He is anything but peaceful.... There is nothing Peaceful about him...

Let me explain myself... These young people do NOT know how to handle conflict resolution and you have Ron Moten as the person they are supposed to be modeling themselves after...which is absolutely scary!!!!

Just sit back and watch how he handles himself with about as much self control as a 3 year old. He is pimping you and your child!

Com'n no disrespect, but do the MATH....Their office is on MLK...Rent is the lowest in the city...Staff of about what...maybe 60 or 70 at most... DO THE MATH!!!

In 3 Years, combine Rent ($130,000.00 what he tells us) His salary and a staff of 70 which is not going to make more than him. WHERE IS THE RES OF THE MONEY????.... Meanwhile he is running around DC with$300.00 Gucci Hats on... and their now broke... Straight up you don't see something wrong with that???

And I'm not hating...I got gucci shoe boxes stacked to my waist, but I didn't have to pimp the system to get it.

Besides the fact that he is functionally illiterate and splits every verb that comes out of his mouth....
Where are the vocational programs? Instead of buying the diamond watches Jahar likes to wear (HE FANCY HUH!!!!!)
they could be training your child in a vocation. But it is all a fraud. They are like the PIMP that decided to stop brainwashing young girls and decided to use religion to start pimping in the church.... Blue gators and all bamma!!!!

WAKE UP!!!!

Do the math....Where is the money...It's not just my tax dollars it's yours, ours, and I'm affording this idiot to pimp Fenty and my money. That's why we ARE VOTING HIM OUT!!!!

Bye Bye..Hope you stacked some of our money you stole!!!!

Posted by: RealTalkDC | August 7, 2010 9:45 AM | Report abuse

I feel Fenty is arrogant and self absorbed, but u have to admit, homicides are down, school scores are up and more modernized. I don't think he's the most personable Mayor DC has had, but he's been more effective. I think he deserves another chance. What DC doesn't need is a Mayor who's scared to voice his true opinions or make a move cause he's scared he'll say or do the wrong thing.

Posted by: kimblow1 | August 7, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Pure trash....

Posted by: concernedaboutdc | August 7, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

"WARD 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 please listen to the songs that your MAYOR has endorsed, Executive Produced by Convicted Crack Dealer Ron Moten. THIS IS WHO YOUR MAYOR HAS AS HIS RIGHT HAND!!!"

This may be the funniest comment I have ever seen on this board especially considering most of the Gray supporters are the same people who re-elected Marion Barry. I would assume that a convicted crack dealer thinks clearer than a convicted crack user.

Posted by: reallydc1 | August 7, 2010 8:24 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: reallydc1
_________

Realest comment ever! Mr. Moten is an example of someone who learned from the past and is inspiring the youth to do better. Given the track record of his organization, he is quite good at it! A lot of people that un-objectively criticize are usually the ones whose primary contribution to community activism is commentary. I like Marion Barry, well not really, but that’s another story. In any event, can someone please enlighten me as to how many schools, parks, libraries, etc did Mr. Barry do in 16 years? I do not discount the good things he did do but why exactly has he been stripped of some of his council committee duties? Isn’t Mr. Gray Chair of the Council and would therefore have a say in what is the determined fate of Marion Barry’s council career? Oh yeah right; they are cool like that. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jul/20/dc-official-calls-for-probe-of-lottery-pact/

Gray discounts an endorsement of Fenty by the Washington Post, but their blessing sure was nice enough to put on his campaign literature that I received just 9 days ago.Will someone please call Vince Gray an ambulance because if the truth hurts than these facts must be to blame for the reason Gray's has mask er I mean face has fallen. Gray's hecklers er sorry again, I meant to say handlers are some of the most ignorant and uncouth persons out here. Why would anyone think yelling and screaming at people is an effective way to promote your candidate, especially one who is running on the premise of being personable and polite. If Gray has such a problem with jobs than why hasn't he said or did anything about it, oh this rhetoric is only convenient during election time. Mr. Gray, please tell the public why City Council originally approved the 7 weeks proposed by Mayor Fenty for the duration of the Summer Youth Program than recently reduced it to only 6 weeks? Please don't say it was due to having to cut funding for the homeless. The money that would have been used for the proposal in fact came from federally appropriated funding under the TANF program. These funds can be allocated in a variety of options are not solely earmarked as homeless funding. Since we are on topic of funding, did not Mr. Gray cut funding in the middle of the night for the H Street/Benning Road Streetcar project? Is it not a coincidence that the same man who illegally puts up candidate yard signs on public property seems to think he does not need a permit a fence like every other citizen of DC. Hey Mr. Gray, when are you going to take that illegally constructed fence down? Last but certainly not least, did not the City give you an opportunity at leadership and as the Director of DHS, you lost control of your own agency. Anytime the federal government has to take a city over, you don't deserve to be the chair of anything but cell block C inmate committee.

Posted by: AmandaBroadnax | August 8, 2010 3:57 AM | Report abuse

Some people just can not understand that many citizens in DC are not happy with the current mayor, and they will be voting him Out of Office, very soon. Your candidate had four years to get his agenda across, and it shows, so bow out as gracefully as you can, because, IT IS OVER!

Posted by: fivetogo | August 8, 2010 12:46 PM | Report abuse