Salacious, Surreptitious Salahi Saga

Our Readers Who Comment have been busy this week with the story that just keeps on giving, the one about Tareq and Michaele Salahi, the White House gate crashers. In the midst of heavy news, what with the president's Afghanistan plan, the economy and a host of other issues, the Salahi saga has stayed at or near the top of the readership list.

Readers are busy crafting one-liners on the subject, although some take the security breach very seriously. In today's episode Paul Farhi tells how Michaele Salahi made the Redskins alumni cheerleading squad without ever having been a Redskins cheerleader. Some readers see a plot involving Redskin owner Dan Snyder trying to detract attention from the performance of his team.

Several comments offer psychological diagnosis for Salahi behavior. Others just excoriate it. A few want the Salahis to be forced to testify before Congress (which they said they won't do), but most Readers are just trying to have fun. So on with it.

We'll start with experienced cheerleader donnolo, who shouted, "Give me a P! Give me an H! Give me an O! Give me an N! Give me a Y!"

oxhead1 wrote, "Publicity hounds, sure. But I kind of admire the sheer audacity of these kind of people. As long as they don't do something that might endanger someone, like pretend to be doctors, what's the harm?"

But SusanMarie2 said, "Its called being a con-woman and pathological liar and these people need to be stopped. They are frauds."

kevnet wrote, "Wow. I'm glad I didn't crash the white house last week. All the dirt everyone would be digging up on me..."

sanmateo1850 said, "I blame danny boy for this...it is obvious he was trying to drum up some popularity for his failings at producing a team that can compete in the NFL!! LOL!!"

But democratus offered that "She is a Snyder plant. He has ruined everything about the team and now the cheerleading squad. Despicable!"

JCM-51 said, "Poor Redskins...they look like fools on the field and now this..."

TiredofWackos wrote, "I'm not important but I play like it on TV!! They live in an alternate reality...isnt there some kind of medication for that. Enough already!!!"

hoganincharge said, "What's scary is what some will do for fame or a shot at it. Makes me wonder how many famous people got there and how many fraud degrees are actually on resumes in the work force. America for you. What can you do but laugh! :o)"

newporter, like many of the rest of us, said, "i can't believe i'm actually following this. I think that the audacity is beyond comprehension, actually like following fantasy on fantasy. these two are going to jail. Or some fraud heaven we don't know about yet."

natureskid wrote, "Fraud is fraud , and she should be prosecuted for it. I feel bad for the REAL cheerleaders. Salahi made a mockery of the proud station that these women have attained."

postfan1 said, "I guess Bravo will have to rename the show to 'The Fake Housewife of D.C.' "

We'll close with Pupster, who suggested, "...Instead of sending these two to jail on the taxpayers' dime, just make them toxic so they are denied what they desire most: social acceptance... Just ignore them: that would be their version of hell."

All comments on this article are here.

By Doug Feaver  |  December 3, 2009; 7:32 AM ET
 | Tags: Salahi, White House
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Praise, derision for Afghan plan
Next: Should we leave equipment in Iraq?

Comments

I am flabbergasted at the audacity of these two. What were they thinking? Red Skins? Wine? Gate Crashing? Polo? It's all too much. They should be ignored, but like looking at a crash, one cannot help but find out more...

Posted by: Oakleigh | December 4, 2009 9:25 AM | Report abuse

Stop. Giving. This. Media. Attention. Now.

Posted by: cpwdc | December 3, 2009 5:26 PM | Report abuse

It is a sad day for the WaPo when they give a fake cheerleader front page views and ignore what may be the biggest story of the decade- Climategate.

Whether you believe or not (warming) you would think this is more important news than this.......

Posted by: jeffreid1 | December 3, 2009 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Administrative leave and eventual reassignment to another division of the Secret Service seems sufficient penalty for these agents. I believe that if they have had an exemplary record during their tenures in the Secret Service, they should not be fired!

Posted by: LarkinGMead | December 3, 2009 1:42 PM | Report abuse

I wish the WP comment box discouraged "me too" comments that add nothing to the disussion. I often enjoy reading the comments after a good story, but wading through ten pages of "THESE PEOPLE ARE SCUM!!!" to find the one new observation is killing the joy for me.

Listservs and other mature internet gathering places have a few things to teach us about "comment-etique" in a crowded room, no?

Posted by: MeriJ | December 3, 2009 1:03 PM | Report abuse

These people are an example of what is wrong wirh reality TV and phony fame and attention ignore them they will go away and slide back under the rock from whence they crawlled

Posted by: lildg54 | December 3, 2009 12:24 PM | Report abuse

It looks like crashing the White House dinner is going to be the least of the Salahi's problems. I bet once the State of Virginia concludes its investigation of the Salahi's charity they are going to find out the only charity that it benifited was the Michaele and Tariq lifestyle fund. The dumbasses sought the spotlight only to let the world find out what total complete frauds they are. Move over Bernie Madoff it looks like you might have cellmate in the near term.

Posted by: shoreterp1 | December 3, 2009 12:17 PM | Report abuse

The Secret Service Agents that were at the check points for the Presidents Dinner at the White house who allowed the salahis couple to attend the Presidential Dinner should be fired. The Secret Service lack of attentativeness and protection of the President is unexcusable. The Salahis couple should be prosecuted for lying and "crashing" the Presidents Dinner.

Posted by: bjfinleybranch1 | December 3, 2009 12:04 PM | Report abuse