Fight outside Gallery Place Station

Metro Transit police are investigating an altercation that erupted at about 1:30 pm Monday on the sidewalk outside Gallery Place Station on the Red Line that sent a female victim to the hospital, according to Metro.

Initial reports indicated a tyson.gifstabbing took place, but Metro spokesman Reggie Woodruff told The Post "it doesn't appear to be a stabbing."

He said the altercation took place on the sidewalk outside the station. "One person was taken to the hospital, and the nature of the injury is unknown," he said. "Transit Police are investigating now."

-- Ann Scott Tyson

By Michael Bolden  | June 14, 2010; 2:18 PM ET
Categories:  Metro
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Spirit Airlines cancels more flights
Next: Metro places track worker on leave

Comments

Gallery Place has 3 entrances several blocks apart. Where was it exactly?

Posted by: Cosmo06 | June 14, 2010 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Mayor Gulag-ini, is that you? Sounds like the same sentiment that 'cleaned up' Times Square.

Posted by: kahlua87 | June 14, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

ObamaisFraud - You are a racist POS. I'm Native American and don't find your offensive comment funny at all.

Reported as abuse. I hope they ban you.

Posted by: anarcho-liberal-tarian | June 14, 2010 4:04 PM | Report abuse

I'm having a problem with the "report abuse" function. Every time I click on it it opens a new tab at the Yahoo home page. WT...?

Posted by: PatHarrison | June 14, 2010 4:13 PM | Report abuse

@ObamaisFraud I was wondering where all the dirtbags were hanging out these days. I was starting to feel uncomfortable with all the respectable people at Metro Center.

I'll be sure to head on down to Gallery Pl so I can be with my fellow dirtbags in peace.

Posted by: afsljafweljkjlfe | June 14, 2010 4:24 PM | Report abuse

Is that a different Gallery Place than the one on the Green Line?

Posted by: seraphina21 | June 14, 2010 5:37 PM | Report abuse

Alternative headlines:
Fight near CVS drug store.
Fight near Starbucks.
Fight near Fuddruckers.
Fight near Verizon Center.
Fight in Chinatown.

Why does the Post think linking Metro with a crime makes sense even when the crime has nothing to do with Metro other than happening near a Metro station?

Posted by: Jimof1913 | June 14, 2010 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Linking Metro, hmmm? For the sake of argument, I am going to assume that patrons should be observant and cautious??? Well, weren't you taught to look both ways before crossing the street, it is a jungle out there!!

Posted by: whatsreallygoingon | June 14, 2010 6:55 PM | Report abuse

Metro Transit Police are investigating this one.

Michael Bolden