Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Transportation Home  |  Discussions  |  Traffic  |  Columns  |  Q&A     |      Twitter |    Facebook   |  phone Alerts

Red Line delays cleared

Mark Berman

8:30 A.M. UPDATE:
The Red Line delays have cleared, according to Metro's Web site. Are you seeing or experiencing anything different? Let us know in the comments below.

8:05 A.M. UPDATE:
The train malfunction at Judiciary Square has been cleared, but there are still Red Line delays heading towards Shady Grove.

The Post's Monica Norton was on a train heading towards Shady Grove that was stopped and reports that several trains were backed up waiting for the malfunctioning train to be moved. They've started moving again, and she estimates it caused a delay of 15 to 20 minutes.

There are Red Line delays heading towards Shady Grove due to a train malfunction at Judiciary Square.

By Mark Berman  | June 30, 2010; 7:44 AM ET
Categories:  Advisories, Maryland, Metro  | Tags:  metro delays, red line delays  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: MARC Penn Line delays
Next: Major changes at GW Parkway bridge


Got on at Union Station then got off at Union Station to walk when the delay was announced. Anyone know the logic behind charging passengers to get out of the same station they just entered? I'd like to think it's more than just a way to ding passengers for a bit o' extra cash when they seek out alternative routes when Metro is down.

Posted by: kickabout | June 30, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

I don't think that "Red line delays" falls into the news category any more. "No delays on Red line" would be news, however.

Posted by: WashingtonDame | June 30, 2010 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Got on at Van Ness at 8:35 - trains were packed and running every 7 minutes or so. All was well until Gallery Place, when we had to hold for several minutes in the direction of Glenmont due to a disabled train ... back at Van Ness. Not that metro makes much sense anyway, but what was that?!

Posted by: tk7525 | June 30, 2010 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Arrived at Van Ness around 8:40. A train was on a Glenmont-bound side, totally packed (not to mention the crowded platform), holding b/c of a door problem. I could see which door it was (red light on above), but there wasn’t any obvious problem – didn’t see any bags, body parts, etc. blocking it. I have to give the conductor credit though, she seemed very patient, opened/closed the doors several times, asked for passengers to help push on the doors. But of course, that only delayed the inevitable – train offloaded. It seemed like some people were refusing to get off – just continued sitting in their seats, even after they made announcements, turned off the lights on the train, etc. So I (and many others) hopped on a Shady Grove-bound train, got off at Tenleytown, where a Glenmont train was holding (obviously due to the Van Ness issue), I got on that train, we held a few more minutes than finally got going. Van Ness, Cleveland Park, and Woodley Park were all insanely crowded – I was so relieved to get out at Dupont. Managed to only be 10 minutes late to the office, so I guess it wasn’t that bad.

Posted by: DC84 | June 30, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

The comments to this entry are closed.

RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2010 The Washington Post Company