Traveling in the heat? Send us reports.

It's supposed to be a scorcher today, according to the Capital Weather Gang, and that means if you're traveling on Metro or commuter rail, you may encounter stifling conditions if the air conditioning isn't up to par.

Here are some tips from Dr. Gridlock on beating the heat. You can also share your stories below, or send us e-mails on your experiences. E-mail transportation@washpost.com.

By Michael Bolden  | June 24, 2010; 10:11 AM ET
Categories:  Commuter Rail, Metro
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A DVD and a Metro ride
Next: Geese cause a minor traffic jam

Comments

I don't know what is different this summer, but I haven't ridden a bus with broken air conditioning yet. Usually, you take your chances - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I hope it means that Metro is doing a better job maintaining the buses.

Posted by: jcflack1 | June 24, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

They took the air conditioners out of the trains and put them on the buses

Posted by: seraphina21 | June 24, 2010 11:51 AM | Report abuse

btw, all air conditioning is up to par. They just changed par.

Posted by: seraphina21 | June 24, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

jcflack1, me too! I don't ever remember having such good luck with AC on the buses, so it's been nice. I also have lucked out so far and haven't had a metro ride without AC. A few rides where the car was a little on the warm side, but the air was on and certainly better than the temp outside.

Posted by: UMDTerpsGirl | June 24, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

It was a two water bottle day out there for bike commuters. The heat and code orange air makes climbing hills tough too. At least coming home is downhill.

Posted by: cranor | June 24, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse