2 Metro employees seriously hurt
D.C. Fire and EMS report that two men received electrical burns Tuesday while making repairs in an electrical room near the garage of the Anacostia Metro in the 1100 block of Howard Road Southeast.
Reggie Woodruff, a Metro spokesman, said two rail employees were injured about 1:20 p.m. Woodruff would not comment on their injuries. Metro's automatic alert system said the garage entrance was closed due to power problems shortly after that time.
The men were taken to the MedStar burn center after being shocked, fire officials report. They were said to be serious condition but both living, with one in a more serious condition than the other. The garage entrance to the station closed briefly but has since been reopened.
This post has been updated
Posted by: yell53 | August 3, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: blackforestcherry | August 4, 2010 7:50 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: luvdc808 | August 4, 2010 8:24 AM | Report abuse
Posted by: 10bestfan | August 4, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.