What are your Labor Day plans?

A triple AAA survey says that almost 790,000 people in the Washington area will travel for Labor Day. But with Hurricane Earl threatening the East Coast plans are up in the air for many. How is it affecting your Labor Day getaway? Have you decided to stay home or will you forge ahead with your travel? Post a comment below or e-mail us at transportation@washpost.com.

By Michael Bolden  | August 31, 2010; 2:52 PM ET
Categories:  District
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Metro plans Sept. maintenance
Next: Connolly samples commutes

Comments

Obama Save Us! Water is coming this way!

Posted by: jiji1 | August 31, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

Staying home this weekend. Gotta save up money. Somehow, taking trips over long weekends mean spending more money than necessary. It'll be good to just relax at home and I think I'll enjoy it more knowing a lot of people will be leaving town for a few days. Peace and quiet. Bliss!

Posted by: eunicedelrosario | August 31, 2010 4:42 PM | Report abuse

I will be spending the weekend here, working and socializing and running errands, and allowing lots and lots of travel time since my Metro station will be closed.

Posted by: DOEJN | August 31, 2010 5:20 PM | Report abuse

Going to the Nationals game on Monday. I always drive because for me it's faster than Metro, and since Monday is a holiday that means free parking. :-)

Posted by: 1995hoo | August 31, 2010 9:19 PM | Report abuse

Heading out of town, flying through DCA because it's always so easy to get there and back via Metro. Oh wait. My Metro station will be closed when I return. Wonder how my suitcase will fare on the shuttles.

Posted by: runnergirl03 | September 1, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

I am attending a wedding in Williamsburg, VA and was planning to travel from Union Station on Amtrak. I was informed this afternoon that all travel between DC and Williamsburg has been cancelled *all* weekend. Amtrak confirmed this, but I haven't been able to locate any more information.

I would think that train service would be the most reliable during the storm, and right now the storm path looks like it is barely going to hit and will be gone by Friday AM. Does anyone have any further insight on this? Thanks!

Posted by: UrbanDiva1 | September 1, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse