Travel tips for Bay Bridge
Planning to head to the beach to take advantage of the final weekend of the summer? The Chesapeake Bay Bridge can be problematic, so here are some tips:
-- The best times to drive across the bridge are generally early in the morning or late at night. Here are some of the best times, according to state officials. [Inclement weather because of Hurricane Earl could change this dramatically.]
- Friday after 10 p.m.
- Saturday before 7 a.m. and between 5 and 10 p.m.
- Sunday between 7 and 11 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
- Monday before 11 a.m. and after 10 p.m.
-- You can and should find out how bad things are before you go:
- Call 1-877-229-7726 for the latest traffic conditions.
- Check out the live Web cams from the bridge.
Posted by: jiji1 | September 3, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.