High Heel Race tonight
No, I'm not about to recommend high heels as a form of transportation. This is just a reminder that the annual and very popular High Heel Race is scheduled for 9 o'clock tonight in Dupont Circle.
The weather may put everyone in a Halloween mood. The Capital Weather Gang says it will be a dark and stormy night.
The race starts at 17th and R streets NW and finishes at 17th and Church streets NW. The street closings scheduled for 7 to 11 p.m. are listed below. But also keep in mind that the race draws a crowd of thousands, so any driver in the area should look sharp for pedestrians and expect congestion.
These are the scheduled street closings:
* 17th Street NW from P to S streets NW
* Q Street NW from 16th to 18th streets NW
* R Street NW from 16th to 18th streets NW
* Corcoran Street NW from 16th to 18th streets NW
* Church Street NW from 16th to 18th streets NW
* Riggs Street NW from 16th to 17th streets NW
Parking in the Dupont Circle area always is very limited. The nearest Metro station is Dupont Circle on the Red Line.
| October 26, 2010; 1:30 PM ET
Categories: Advisories, District, Events, Metro | Tags: Dr. Gridlock
Save & Share: Previous: Water main break on Central Avenue
Next: Sunday marathon to disrupt traffic