D.C. area snow removal information
Here is some information on snow removal and where you can turn for help. Keep in mind that in most jurisdictions, property owners are responsible for clearing adjacent sidewalks.
- Alexandria snow removal information: Visit the snow report Web site or call the snow emergency hot line at 703.746.4488.
- Arlington County's snow removal information is here. In the past, officials have said the hilly terrain in sections A, C, and D means it takes longer to clear those areas.
- The Viriginia Department of Transportation is responsible for snow removal in Fairfax County and most other areas.
- You can also visit Virginia 511 for the latest information Virginia road conditions.
- Track snow plows in the District here. The District Department of Information checks tweets sent to DDOTDC. You can also call the Mayor's Call Center at 311 or complete a form on the Web site.
- Check Montgomery County snow removal here. Check to make sure the county is responsible for you street, and not one of the local jurisdictions or the state of Maryland, which plows numbered state routes. Here is a link with more information on who clears snow. You can report the problem to Montgomery County using this link or by calling 240-777-6000.
- Prince George's County snow information is here.
- State of Maryland snow information
Washington Post Editors
| January 6, 2011; 11:14 PM ET
Categories: District, Highways, Maryland, Virginia, Weather
Save & Share: Previous: Man hit by Acela train in Philly
Next: Area prepares for icy a.m. commute