Daniel Snyder, Jerry Jones make their pizza commercial debut tonight

It's still a couple of nights until the Cowboys and Redskins play, but for Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder, tonight is the Sundance Festival of pizza commercials.

The Papa John's ad the Cowboys and Redskins owners filmed recently debuts before the NFL season opener between the Vikings and Saints and will be shown again during the game.

Frankly, Jones seems to chew the scenery and the pizza guy Papa John Schnatter seems miscast, leaving room for Snyder to walk away with the ad with a sly, understated performance. Watch and decide for yourself.

(A tip o'the cap to DC SportsBog.)

By Cindy Boren  |  September 9, 2010; 5:25 PM ET
Categories:  Redskins
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ray Lewis calls out Rex Ryan, New York Jets
Next: Saints, Vikings open with a gesture of labor unity

Comments

On the lame side, not that that comes as a surprise. Hoping for 10 or more free toppings on Monday!

Posted by: dcborn61 | September 9, 2010 8:23 PM | Report abuse

dan snyder comes off like rick moranis

Posted by: ZeroHero0 | September 10, 2010 1:45 AM | Report abuse

I can take this just as long as he leaves the football to the GM and Coach...

Posted by: LongTimeSkinsFan | September 10, 2010 6:28 AM | Report abuse

I'm no fan of Snyder's but watched it with an open mind. The "wow" still is Jerry Jones face which would make a scary Halloween mask. Snyder has zero charisma which is what I think Cindy Boren means when she says sly, understated. If Snyder doesn't mention he owns the 'Skins you'd think he was Jones accountant.

Posted by: Leofwine | September 10, 2010 7:34 AM | Report abuse

I just decided to never order Papa Johns pizza again.

Just having to view danny made me sick to my stomach.

Posted by: oldnova | September 10, 2010 8:47 AM | Report abuse

How humiliating. Danny let Jerry make him his byatch on national TV. And filming it in Dallas! What the hell is the matter with that tiny tyrant?

Posted by: diesel_skins_ | September 10, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

I hated that commercial, soooo stupid. I would have enjoyed if they came out smashing pizza pie in each others face. Now that would have been funny. I'll never order Papa Danny/Jerry Pizza again...yucckkk!!!

Posted by: footballfreak | September 10, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse

I rather watch a dog lick its a#$ then those two, especially synder

Posted by: geg5100 | September 10, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

This is another slap in the face to Redskins fans by DS. How disrespectful of him to engage in an ad like this. When will this man learn? Please -- give us our pride back and leave this team to its rightful owners. The fans! I will never buy another Papa John's pizza again. Hello. Dominoes? You've got my business.

Posted by: cmabell62 | September 10, 2010 12:07 PM | Report abuse

The only thing worse than this add is Papa John pizza itself. They could give that stuff away after a win and I'd pass.

Posted by: loux24 | September 10, 2010 12:35 PM | Report abuse

An odd commercial. How many people outside the metro area know what Dan Snyder even looks like, let alone who he is. I think most are going to wonder why the Redskins and Cowboys are going to open at some short rich guy's house. How strange.

Posted by: rodeorob | September 10, 2010 12:54 PM | Report abuse

Less people will be buying papa johns pizza knowing that scumbag shyster money grubbing $nyder has them in bed with him.

Posted by: password11 | September 10, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

A Redskins owner sharing a pizza with Jerry Jones? Say it ain't so. As a 'Skins fan, I hang my head in shame.

Posted by: Charles_Day@comcast.net | September 10, 2010 3:02 PM | Report abuse

It was painful to watch that commercial. You could almost hear the air being sucked out of the place. Don't know who's *bright* idea that was, but it was a bomb.

Now the 1983 American Express commercial with Tom Landry and Redskins players, doing a play on the Cowboys and Indians theme was MONEY! Always respected Landry. The rivalry between the Skins and the Girls in the 80's was at it best with Gibbs and Landry at the helms of their respective teams.

Ahhh...memories :)

HTTR!!!

Posted by: Southernbelle_aurora | September 10, 2010 7:32 PM | Report abuse

What a joke!! These two arrogant, pompous SOBs better stick to hustling the football fans, otherwise they couldn't sell water to a man dying of thirst in the middle of a desert.

Posted by: quattro3 | September 10, 2010 8:06 PM | Report abuse

One word: why?

Posted by: Pepper5 | September 11, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

I think the commercial is awesome! It gives Snyder a chance to show that he actually has a great sense of humor. Like when the ad comes over the JumboTron and he realizes that Jones isn't being so generous after all when he said he'd buy all the toppings and then Snyder says, "Really!" That made me laugh. And it's even better because it's so unexpected. We always think of Snyder as being so button-down serious, so it's a surprise to see him goofin' on some pizza.

Nah, I'm just kidding. This sucks, of course.

Posted by: warren85 | September 11, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

It sure as hell isn't the American Express commercial of old....

Posted by: LadyMac | September 12, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse