Tony Romo: After losing the game, you now must lose the cap

Memo to Tony Romo: I have had it with your hat. I have nothing against you personally or professionally, despite living in the land of the Burgundy and Gold.

I hate the hat.

My dedicated staff of Certified Sports Guys exhaustively researched what that thing you often wear in postgame pressers is called and I am told it's a flat cap. Whatever. Like Elaine with Costanza's toupee, it sets me off. I just want to grab it off your head and throw it out the window.

I understand why you wear a postgame hat: 1) you crave anonymity (especially after having one of the best days by a Dallas Cowboys quarterback and losing) and 2) you don't have the voluminous amounts of hair-care products and team of stylists that Tom Brady apparently has at his disposal.

But I hate it. I just do. And don't go back to the backwards ballcap, either.

By Cindy Boren  | October 11, 2010; 9:44 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Report: Brett Favre apologizes to Vikings for being distraction
Next: Marvin Austin dismissed from North Carolina football team

Comments

and here we have reason number 3412348710298471029478019283479012648901726489126498126478912 that women don't need to be covering sports

Posted by: rev_ollie | October 11, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

How about you shut the hell up with your sexist attitude and idiotic post? You sound like a dumb a$$. Don't like it, don't read it. I'd rather read her than you any day, so zip it ollie.

P.S. I hope the rev doesn't stand for reverend, because that would just say a whole lot for your values in general, and not in a good way.

Posted by: dug2008 | October 11, 2010 1:31 PM | Report abuse

I'm guessing, like many other men, he's self-conscious about a receding hairline. I'm sure there's a red convertible and a gf half his age to go with it ...

Posted by: DCUnited2 | October 11, 2010 2:38 PM | Report abuse

I agree with Cindy. For the record, I'm a guy and I don't have any problem with a woman covering sports - although interviewing naked men in the locker room is a bit troubling. That aside, I think Romo looks like a doofus in that hat. If it is a receding hairline issue then I think he could find something a little more understated and appealing than that thing. I think he's just doing it to stand out and unfortunately I guess, by talking about it, we help to give him that attention he craves. But I guess we should be appreciative that he needs to get the attention from the hat he wears since he can't get it from leading his team to a win!

Posted by: willypops | October 11, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

I think his hairline is just fine. He has poor taste in hats. That's all.

Posted by: Cindy Boren | October 11, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

I have to agree with the fact that this has no business on the sports pages. And by this I mean women and the story about his gay hat.

Posted by: timchadwick | October 11, 2010 3:40 PM | Report abuse

This really goes in the "Who gives a ****" column, but as long as the Cowboys continue to lose, The Romonator can where a Bozo wig and pasties for all I care.

GO SKINS!!!

Posted by: EKruse | October 11, 2010 5:00 PM | Report abuse

WEAR not WHERE. Pre-coffee, poster blues. :-P

Posted by: EKruse | October 11, 2010 5:02 PM | Report abuse

You folks need to chill. This is sports. It's not serious. It's fine for Cindy to rip Romo's hat (or to make fun or Tom Brady's hair). Again, this is SPORTS. It's not of fundamental importance in the grand scheme of things. If you can't have fun and "allow" frivolous posts then you have a problem.

Posted by: gkronenberg | October 11, 2010 6:00 PM | Report abuse

Took me a while to stop laughing over this one, Cindy. While watching the video, I can imagine seeing your arm and hand reaching out and yanking Romo's cap off. LOL

Posted by: RedCherokee | October 12, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse