Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity

Wayne Rooney, Manchester United officials fail to resolve dispute

Wayne Rooney's soccer-playing destination remains unclear after meetings between his representative and Manchester United executives.

"We are aware that there is intense public and media interest on the club at the moment, but there are no developments of note to report today," Manchester United said in a statement. David Gill and Sir Alex Ferguson represented Man U; Paul Stretford represented Rooney.

".. a number of meetings have taken place today, including with the player's representative. The outcome of those meetings will become clear in the near future. In the meantime, fans are asked to be patient."

Rooney told of his frustrations in the War of the Statements, issuing his own on Wednesday:

"I met with David Gill last week and he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad. I then told him that I would not be signing a new contract. I was interested to hear what Sir Alex had to say yesterday and surprised by some of it.

"It is absolutely true, as he said, that my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract. During those meetings in August, I asked for assurances about the continued ability of the club to attract the top players in the world."

By Cindy Boren  | October 21, 2010; 2:32 PM ET
 
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Report: MLB may add 7-day disabled list for players with concussions
Next: Miami Heat's Mike Miller sidelined after hurting his thumb in practice

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2010 The Washington Post Company