Posted at 9:51 AM ET, 12/ 8/2010

Luke Scott on Ted Nugent, hunting, baseball and Obama's birth certificate

By Cindy Boren

Baltimore Orioles outfielder Luke Scott swung by baseball's winter meetings in Florida and did a lengthy interview with David Brown of Yahoo's Big League Stew, an interview so lengthy that parts of it are probably going to generate some controversy.

Not the part about wanting to meet Ted Nugent. Or the parts about other baseball players. Or the parts about the problems he sees in America and the solutions to those problems. Probably not the part about his love of hunting or his views on the Second Amendment, either. Scott believes that President Barack Obama was not born in the United States and is quite vocal on the topic. Yeah, that'd be the part.

David Brown: You don't think that Obama wasn't born in the United States, do you?
Luke Scott: He was not born here.
DB: [Sighs].
LS: That's my belief. I was born here. If someone accuses me of not being born here, I can go -- within 10 minutes -- to my filing cabinet and I can pick up my real birth certificate and I can go, "See? Look! Here it is. Here it is." The man has dodged everything. He dodges questions, he doesn't answer anything. And why? Because he's hiding something.
You know what? People who have bad intentions, people that are deceivers or are not of honor and integrity -- that's how they act. I've seen it in every -- it doesn't matter what level. It can be in politics, it can be in business, it can be in sports, it can be in the construction field. Doesn't matter. It's all the same attitude. It's the same thing.
People who tell the truth, they're very easy to ... their actions prove it. Something as simple providing a birth certificate. Come on. If you're born here, there's plenty of documents. But you know what? There's no documentation of him. No legal documentation of him. There's been lie after lie after lie exposed, but people put it under the carpet. Hence, the problem we have in this country.
LS: There needs to be accountability for the truth. I don't care if you're the President of the United States, you need to be held accountable. If you're involved in treacherous acts, or you're saying things that are against, or are selling out our country, you should be brought to trial.
I mean, no one's above the law. There's a lot of people that fought for their country and that's not something to be taken lightly. They gave their life, everything they had, they gave their lives, to give us what we have. That's why I'm so passionate about my beliefs -- because someone died. They gave their life, their blood was spilled, so I had an opportunity to chase a dream and play baseball for a living.
For me, that's not something, "Oh, thank you." No. "THANK YOU." Let me honor you for that by actions by sticking up for what you fought for and passing it on to the next generation and doing my part.

By Cindy Boren  | December 8, 2010; 9:51 AM ET
Categories:  MLB
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Roger Clemens trial delayed by District Court judge
Next: Ben Roethlisberger adds plastic shield to helmet to protect his nose

Comments

Sigh.

Everyone who goes to an O's game should ask Luke to prove his citizenship. When he doesn't provide his birth certificate every time he's asked, he should be accused of not being a US citizen. If he does, let's question it's authenticity.

Posted by: dcsportsfan1 | December 8, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

"You can't fix stupid." Good luck Luke, you need it.

Posted by: Danmynder22026 | December 8, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Just because you make more money than the POTUS doesn't mean you're smarter.

Posted by: bs2004 | December 8, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Just lost a ton of respect for Mr. Scott. Why do the Birthers insist that he's hiding something? He produced his birth certificate during the campaign. Hawaiian authorities have repeatedly verified it. If you have doubts go to snopes.com. Their review includes a note that John McCain was not born in the U.S., either.(Born in Panama) But he's still an American citizen, just as President Obama would be because his mother is an American. By the way, Luke, the president who should be held accountable for deception is President Bush. He took us to war on false pretenses.

Posted by: DTaylor713 | December 8, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

Good God Luke is a nut case....

Posted by: LaureninGlenBurnie | December 8, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

There is so much I want to say to birthers but reason and facts hold little influence with them. It's like trying to convince a creationist that the earth is older than 6,000 years. The more facts you present the more it becomes a test of their faith to hold on to their beliefs so ultimately you stop trying to be rational and you just walk away.

Posted by: will_ga | December 8, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Article 2, Section 1 of the United States Constitution states “No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President.”

That comma after “United States” allows for Presidential eligibility if you are a citizen. I, too, question Obama’s claim of being a natural born citizen due to his spending millions of dollars attempting to keep his birth certificate and other personal records hidden from the public. Obama is clearly hiding something, but he has a Constitutional right to be President as a citizen for at least 14 years.

I wonder, who paid Obama’s legal bills hiding his personal records? Just like his college tuition, someone paid his bills and We would like to know the identity of his benevolent benefactor.

Before you call Luke Scott a loon, open your eyes and question everything to protect our great nation.

BTW, McCain is a natural born citizen because he was born on U.S. territory in Panama just like many of us born on U.S. military bases within foreign land.

I am now officially a Luke Scott fan.

Posted by: clandestinetomcat | December 8, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

I like Luke Scott because he can hammer a baseball 430 feet when the Orioles need it most. I'm no Obama fan, but when I'm watching baseball I don't want to think about that. One of the great things about sports is that rooting for our team unites many of us who otherwise lead very different lives. I think all Orioles fans should root for the team, and not worry about which ones are Democrats and which are Republicans.

Luke didn't do himself any favors by sharing his political views; but by the same token, many of you are not doing yourselves any favors by making such a big deal about it.

Posted by: SmittyATL | December 8, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Sigh, just sad. How much proof do people need. Do you need the man to go door to door to show everyone his birth certificate?

Posted by: will_ga | December 8, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

"Obama released his Hawaiian birth certificate and had it verified by an independent organization and the results were posted online for everyone to see." Repeating this false propaganda over and over does not make it true. No matter what you might think there is no escaping that AKA Obama is not practicing the virtue of full disclosure.

Which is most likely;

(a) AKA OBAMA is hiding documents that are innocuous?
(b) AKA OBAMA is hiding documents that are damaging?

In 1961, the Public Health Services, U. S Department of Health, Education and Welfare, National Center for Health Statistics, National Vital Statistics Division published the "Vital Statistics of the United States.

Here is a blank copy of the Standard Certificate of Live Birth used by all states including Hawaii., This is the information being hidden by Obama. http://thesteadydrip.blogspot.com/2009/07/blank-birth-certificate-form-aka-obama.html

Plus read the article that is included with the blank copy.

Here is what a real Hawaiian Birth Certificate looks like:

Who Certified AKA Obama as "Natural Born"? http://thesteadydrip.blogspot.com/2009/11/this-from-obama-file-one-of-best.html

Do you really think AKA Obama would have won the election if all the things he is hiding were made known?

Do you really think AKA Obama will be able to finish his first term if all the things he is hiding are made known?

The only conspiracy is the media and the obots who suppress the revelation of AKA Obama's history
Obama “I have nothing to hide but I’m hiding it.”

Posted by: AristotleTheHun | December 8, 2010 1:43 PM | Report abuse

Luke must think that birth announcement in the Honolulu papers was part of the decades old plot. It would have been easy to imagine a black man as president in those days and fake it all years before his election right Luke.

Posted by: brs50 | December 8, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

He better have a good year, or he's going to wear that anchor around his neck all season.

Posted by: coastallp74 | December 8, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

If I recall a certificate of live birth was provided by dept of health in Hawaii and any idiot can go online and find it posted in 10 seconds but then how would you have your preconceived ideas...

Posted by: gatsu | December 8, 2010 2:21 PM | Report abuse

I hope he gets hit in the head with a baseball and his career and his life come to an end

Posted by: kl1279 | December 8, 2010 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Shut up. Who cares what you have to say. Shut up and play baseball. Seriously, I don't care what your political affiliation is. You play baseball. Shut up and play baseball...worry more about getting your team to suck less.

Posted by: authorofpoetry | December 8, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

People should boycott the Orioles if this nut job stays on the roster!

Posted by: clarenceshaynes1 | December 8, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Luke must have forgetten that he works in the Peoples Republic of Marylandstan and his comments would upset the politburo in and around the DMV. I got lots of laughs off this particular board today. Thanks.

Posted by: rdondero123 | December 8, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Always amazes me when athletes or celebrities feel their fame(regardless how much or little they actually have)makes their opinion more valuable than it really is.
I don't need Oprah, Scarlett Johansson or George Clooney to help me make a voting decision.
I'm betting once Luke Scott reads the quotes attributed to him he's going to want a do over...

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | December 8, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

So Luke Scott promotes a lie about the President's birth and then says "there needs to be accountability for truth". He observes that "there's a lot of people that fought for this country" - he's right, I'm one of them, unlike Ted Nugent and Luke Scott. I can find an official copy of the President's birth certifcate on line - I looked for Scott's and Nugent's and couldn't find them. Ignorant jocks are alive and well in St. Louis.

Posted by: boardtest | December 8, 2010 3:05 PM | Report abuse

I find it astounding so many people have opinions on subjects of which they are completely ignorant, and can't wait to share them.

Posted by: gpsman | December 8, 2010 3:24 PM | Report abuse

It speaks volumes about the level of discourse from the press and our "patriots" out here when the blathering of a career .268 hitter on a bottom-feeding team becomes the headline of the day.

Posted by: tdub55 | December 8, 2010 3:32 PM | Report abuse

At the end of the day this is America he's entitled to his opinions however loony they might be. Luke Scott will regret opening his mouth and letting his feelings be known just stick to what you know best Luke hitting right handed pitching.

Posted by: dargregmag | December 8, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

Preach it, Brother Scott!

Posted by: kbarker302 | December 8, 2010 3:51 PM | Report abuse

Let the booing begin. Ted Nugent? Yikes! Let's here those Ball-more fans give him the business next time he struts his ignorant butt onto the field.

Posted by: thebobbob | December 8, 2010 4:10 PM | Report abuse

God Bless Luke Scott for being a true American and if you don't think Obama is hiding information from the public about his birth certifcate open your eyes America and wake up there is overwhelming evidence that he went to school in Indonesia and to go to school in Indonesia you are required to be born in Indonesia and have Islamic faith! I had tons of respect for Luke Scott already and now i am his biggest fan because he is a true American with unapolgetic conservative views Go O's and God Bless Luke Scott and God Bless America!!!

Posted by: corphotel | December 8, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

He whines that people voted for Obama to get "free stuff." OK, let's see all the baseball owners pay for the ballparks built with tax money. Maybe Scott would like to chip in some of his salary.

Posted by: washpost45 | December 8, 2010 4:18 PM | Report abuse

in your heart you know Luke is right!! I have always had a profound respect for Luke Scott and that respect has grown because I have always liked the way he plays on the field and how unapolgetically conservative and Christian his beliefs are you can't deny that during the presidental election President Obama hid some of his personal info from the public including his place of birth

Posted by: corphotel | December 8, 2010 4:20 PM | Report abuse

Disagreeing with one political briefs or policy is cool, I can respect that.

But to spout unfound political propaganda is childish garbage. But then I do not expect anything better from a dumb uneducated athlete.

Posted by: dcinmd1 | December 8, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse

Hate to say it Luke's right. What you see on the internet is not Obama's birth certificate. A birth certificate is signed by parents and attending physicians. I don't see any signatures, do you? What you see is known as a "certification of live birth" which can be obtained by simply stating that someone was born there. Until I see the signatures from the hospital staff (I know my birth certificate has them--look at yours), I'm with Luke.

Posted by: jgt101 | December 8, 2010 5:09 PM | Report abuse

To those that question why Obama doesn't "go the extra mile" to answer the questions of a small minority.

Imagine you need to renew your drivers license. You go to the DMV website and see what documentation you need to bring in order to prove you are who you say you are. You bring the proper documentation, the DMV accepts it and gives you your new license.

As you are leaving some dude hanging around the parking lot tells you that he isn't satisfied with the documentation that you brought, and demands that you show him more.

Would you go out of your way to satisfy him? Or would you be confortable that you satisfied the legal threshold, and go on with your business?

Posted by: mcasady | December 8, 2010 5:14 PM | Report abuse

No, hate to say it, but Luke is wrong.

There are plenty of athletes out there that completely shatter the "big, dumb, jock" stereotype; however I don't think Luke Scott will be one of them anytime soon.

Posted by: vjprice | December 8, 2010 5:19 PM | Report abuse

His Birth Certificate is so fake. There are numerous errors on the Birth Cert with the seal and it is clear that his birth cert was photo shopped on several lines. Also the one they posted shows no hospital and what doctor delivered him. It is a total hoax. He always dodges this question

Posted by: jtopolnak | December 8, 2010 5:22 PM | Report abuse

The certificate that he has posted is not a birth certificate it is a computer generated print out that states that a Live Birth Cert exist. So it is a lie when they say its his Birth Cert it is NOT. Unlike you morons who only look to the media for your facts. A real birth cert would have proof and verifiable information such as doctor who delivered and hospital he was born in which the one he has shown us does not. The document that has been put forth to the American people is a lie. Therefore he has technically not proven is elgibility.

Posted by: jtopolnak | December 8, 2010 5:29 PM | Report abuse

Birthers including Scott are idiots who get their facts from half-baked wingnuts like Glen Beck and Sarah Palin. Both of Honolulu's daily news papers printed birth announcements the day PRESIDENT Obama (I know you haters can't stand to hear him call president)was born.

No matter how much proof he gives, you will never accept it. Just like he can do nothing right in your idea. Heck some even criticized him for visiting the troops in Afghanistan! What did you expect him to do, write them a letter or send a care package? That's what President's do. As one who has served in a combat theater more than once, I can tell you regardless of your politics, anytime the Commander in Chief cares enough to pay you a visit, it is a morale booster.

Scott needs to focus on baseball and bringing the Orioles out of the pit of baseball hell.

Posted by: bew795 | December 8, 2010 5:43 PM | Report abuse

I really love all this mock patriotism. If Obama is truly not an american what does that say about americans in the goverment that you claim are patriotic? Are you saying that they've been completely duped by this president? How did he manage to slip by all of the so call real americans like McCain and everyone in washington? Could nothing be done? So, let me sum up, Obama was clever enough to out fox the greatest goverment, the greatest spy network, and the greatest country of political minds in the world, and become
unstoppable for president? Perhaps its true, "when the gods want to punish us they answer our prayers". Thats the kinda cunning I want on my side! ...and btw Luke, stick to baseball, when you try to talk about things you don't understand you sound like a fool.

Posted by: cupar | December 8, 2010 6:03 PM | Report abuse

Will all of you birthers out there kindly provide proof that George W. Bush actually served in the military? He never has, beyond some dental procedures he had done on base. The only person who has come forward to say he served with W turned out to have been in the service at a completely different time than W claimed to be there. Face it, if Obama was white, this wouldn't be an issue. Your white hoods are showing.

Posted by: nosebetter | December 8, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Luke Scott's ignorance exists on several levels.

1) The Birther thing, covered above.
2) He's apparently confused about the difference between hunting and tourism. In the interview sited above he proudly displays photos of two dear he killed in Michigan. They were part of a managed herd at a tourist ranch. Sorry, Luke, that's not hunting in my book.
3) Perhaps most troubling for Luke, he aparently still believes in the long debunked concept of lineup protection.

Posted by: bisonaudit | December 8, 2010 6:09 PM | Report abuse

> DB: [Sighs].

What's up with the sound effect-cum-editorial comment? The guy leads his interview into a birther rant he had to know was coming, then washes his hands of it with a

[Sighs]. - ??

Hey David Brown, why'n'cha ask this one next time?

DB: You never ever took any steroids, didn't you?

BB: No. Not that I know of. No, I wasn't at all.

DB: [Rolls eyes].

Posted by: ex-Virginian4 | December 8, 2010 6:14 PM | Report abuse

That's why I come up with policy opinions based on what I hear from people OTHER than pro athletes.

Posted by: ravensfan20008 | December 8, 2010 6:21 PM | Report abuse

“Laws of the Territory of Hawaii ACT 96 To Provide For The Issuance Of Certificates Of Hawaiian Birth was in effect from 1911 until 1972 and allowed someone who was born outside the Hawaiian Islands to be registered as though he were born in Hawaii. Under that law, someone simply would have presented herself to the Hawaiian authorities and declared that the child was born in Hawaii. The person could have sworn under oath and presented witnesses and other evidence. If the authorities accepted it, that was the end of it. All a person had to do was file a false statement and Hawaii took them at their word.

One could not just say "My kid was born in Des Moines but I want him to have a Hawaiian birth record". But if you lied no investigation was conducted to validate your claim and the Hawaiian birth record was issued no questions asked.

Knowledge of this practice was wide spread and there are probably thousands of people who obtained Hawaiian birth records between 1911 and 1972 through the process of affidavits and witnesses rather than hospitals and delivery doctors not the least of these was the president of the first Chinese republic. Sun Yat-sen was born to a peasant family in the village of Cuiheng, China, but he had a Hawaiian birth certificate and was officially a citizen of the United States. The wording on Sun Yat-sen’s Hawaiian birth certificate reveals that at age 18 he “made application for a Certificate of Birth. And that it appears from his affidavit and the evidence submitted by witnesses that he was born in the Hawaiian Islands.” Appears? It also appears that AKA Obama was born in Hawaii. Does the AKA Obama birth certificate on file with the State of Hawaii have language similar to the birth certificate of SunYat-sen?

The only way to know where AKA OBAMA was actually born is to view AKA OBAMA's original birth certificate on file in Hawaii to see what kind of birth certificate it is, and to examine what corroborating evidence supports what it says about AKA OBAMA's alleged place of birth. If the birth was in a hospital, as AKA OBAMA has maintained, such evidence would be the name of the hospital and the name and signature of the doctor who delivered him.”

There is a small textural difference between COLBs issued to those who were born in hospitals with full documentation and those who were given Hawaiian birth status through an affidavit process:

And be sure to see this documented evidence that AKA Obama's COLB is different than other COLBs
AKA Obama COLB Filed But Never Accepted - Click Image For Full View

Posted by: AristotleTheHun | December 8, 2010 6:37 PM | Report abuse

Nice long post, "Aristotle"...doesn't make you right, though - sorry.

Posted by: vjprice | December 8, 2010 7:16 PM | Report abuse

Here is Hawaii's official raised seal:
Here is Obama's forged INVERTED seal from factcheck.org
• The outer ring in HDOH example is a single line. The outer ring on Obama's COLB is a double line.
• The inner ring in HDOH example is a single line, like the outer ring. The inner ring on Obama's COLB is a broad, woven line.
• The typeface is a significant identifying feature of the seal. Obama’s is wide and bold, the HDOH seal lettering is condensed and a much lighter weight.
• Present is a font type treatment anomaly seen in the word "OF" -- see how small it is on Obama's COLB, as compared to the HDOH example?
• The two stars, described in those administration rules, are missing. Any alleged HDOH seal missing these two stars is NOT an official seal according to administrative rule §11-1-2.
Due to these indisputable facts, the seal on Obama’s COLB is not the Hawaii Department of Health which therefore does not have authority over the seal appearing on Obama’s COLB according to the description in the Title 11 rules AND the version disclosed in my records request. The seal seen on Obama’s COLB HAS NO LEGAL WEIGHT either online or as a physical copy.
Further, federal laws require vital documents to have a RAISED seal, whereas Obama's bad forgery is an inverted seal. Posting forged vital documents is a Class B felony, with a 10 year prison punishment.

Posted by: plentyo | December 8, 2010 7:20 PM | Report abuse

Here is Hawaii's official raised seal:
Here is Obama's forged INVERTED seal from factcheck.org

Posted by: plentyo | December 8, 2010 7:21 PM | Report abuse

And posting the same comment twice doesn't make you any smarter, either...just makes you look more like a nutjob conspiracy theorist.

Posted by: vjprice | December 8, 2010 7:41 PM | Report abuse

vjprice, it didn't show up at first, and what is funny is you're calling the official seal of hawaii a conspiracy?
Obama's doesn't match and it goes in the WRONG DIRECTION. What is so difficult about this concept for you?

Posted by: plentyo | December 8, 2010 7:47 PM | Report abuse

comments are being censored

Posted by: plentyo | December 8, 2010 9:37 PM | Report abuse

Luke Scott is an idiot just like the rest of you so called patriots,if the President were of a different hue then you wouldn't question one thing about him you're too chicken sh_t to say the real reason why you question his place of birth it's his race!!

Posted by: dargregmag | December 8, 2010 9:54 PM | Report abuse

Luke Scott is as Luke Scott does.

I think that the Pulitzer Prize winning politifact.com said it best, in reference to Obama's Birth Certificate:

"If this document is forged, a U.S. senator and his presidential campaign have perpetrated a vast, long-term fraud. They have done it with conspiring officials at the Hawaii Department of Health, the Cook County (Ill.) Bureau of Vital Statistics, the Illinois Secretary of State's office, the Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois and many other government agencies."

Posted by: dfh21 | December 8, 2010 9:58 PM | Report abuse

It's one thing to believe in conservative ideology. I personally don't agree with it but I can respect legitimate beliefs of the purpose of government.

What is unacceptable is subscribing to racist conspiracy theories which is exactly what the birther movement is.

I sincerely hope that fans demand to see Scott's birth certificate when he plays. I know I will.

Posted by: Liebercreep | December 8, 2010 11:54 PM | Report abuse

Good Lord how many more "its" are going to crawl out from under their rocks with this crap, who are you trying to be the next John Rocker? Seriously, you're a friggin baseball player shut the hell up. Nobody gives a rats ass about what you think, all they care about is how fast you can run,how good you can hit, or how hard you can throw. That's it! Period! It's bad enough the air is corrupted with spewed poison 24/7 by cable and radio talk show hosts, now some idiot baseball player has to grab out for his 15 seconds in the media. Listen to this you little punk he is "THE PRESIDENT OF THESE UNITED STATES", if you didn't live here in this country or a handful if others you would be in jail right now for your treasonous mouth,but democracy ONLY applies to YOU and YOUR ilk,only what YOU believe matters and whatever you say is gospel. You and people like you make me want to puke. If there were the kind of justice in this country that you and your fellow morons espouse than someone would bonk you on that empty head of yours and send you back under your rock, but people of thought,kindness,democracy, and oh how shall I say this --- I got it---INTELLIGENCE, don't seek an eye for an eye, don't blindly look at the world and most of all have strong beliefs yes, but DO NOT SHOVE THEM DOWN OTHER PEOPLES THROATS, or accuse them of being un-patriotic,un-American, or furreeners (sic on purpose)and continually try to out shout every voice in the room because YOU ARE RIGHT. So please Luke Skythinker,crawl back into your jock cave and shut the hell up. It's been awhile since the last baseball moron and racist John Rocker, has been around but fortunately for him you have just erased him from the public memory by out-moroning the previous MORON CHAMP, if he's out of jail now I am sure he is pleased, or maybe he is trying to call you and get an autograph. Get a life, and more importantly go AWAY--NOW and FOREVER.

Posted by: mfowler1 | December 8, 2010 11:57 PM | Report abuse

Luke Scott = Right Wing Nut Job/Conspiracy Theorists

Posted by: OG_Barno | December 9, 2010 12:55 AM | Report abuse

It's not against the law to be stupid.

Anyway, super-patriot Scottie, you're only 32. Guess, if you can, what the maximum age is for joining the service in this time of war? That's right Lukie, you can put your money, literally, where your big mouth is.

Oh .. really? You're, ahhh, busy? I thought so. Typical.

Silly me, I though Angelos was the stupidist person in the O's organization.

Posted by: tslats | December 9, 2010 1:24 AM | Report abuse

Listen to a parrot kept in a room where FOX News is on the TV. Now read the transcript of the Luke Scott interview. Carbon copy.

The only complication is that Luke Scott would probably like to shoot that parrot in the name of "sport."

Posted by: drischord | December 9, 2010 1:31 AM | Report abuse

Obama gains citizenship if born in Hawaii via the 14th Amendment. He does not gain citizenship prior to the 14th Amendment. Think about this. A natural born citizen is not made by an act of Congress...it does not need it.

Natural born citizens are the children and descendants of the citizens after the ratification of the Constitution.

The 14th Amendment did not make natural born citizens..the Founders were clever..the 39th Congress was not.

We have an illegal President.

Obama was not born to a citizen father.

The 14th Amendment did not make natural born citizens.

The author is naive.

Posted by: dancingrabbit | December 9, 2010 4:01 AM | Report abuse

Luke Scott's comments just prove that there are idiots in all walks of life who wouldn't know the truth if it hit them right between the eyes. Thankfully, most athletes aren't idiots -- but clearly, some are, like Luke Scott.

Posted by: gr8day4bsbll | December 9, 2010 8:28 AM | Report abuse

Luke is a man who swings a piece of wood at little balls for a living. Nuff said.

Posted by: davidkraus | December 9, 2010 8:55 AM | Report abuse

As the great Republican Abe Lincoln said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and erase all doubt."

Posted by: daddyman57 | December 9, 2010 9:07 AM | Report abuse

This guy belongs in Baltimore.

Posted by: boyn4884 | December 9, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

he's not swinging right, he's swinging with the bats in the belfry. if bugs bunny was around during this interview he's have been holding a sign over luke's head with a screw and ball on it.

Posted by: rev_ollie | December 9, 2010 9:58 AM | Report abuse

What a nutjob. Luke, why don't you and your poor excuse for a team try to win at least 81 games next year? The playoffs are out of the question. You should be forced to prove to Oriole fans that YOU and the team shouldn't be contracted! Perhaps you could use your tax cut to purchase an education! Orioles baseball: Rebuilding since 1996!

Posted by: Cavalier1985 | December 9, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

Even more pathetic than Mr. Scott's ignorance and willingness to display it ad nauseum is the fact that so many loons actually wrote comments here supporting it. I guess the holocaust didn't happen, man didn't walk on the moon and the Salem witch trials have gotten a bad rap via revisionist history, eh fellas and gals?

Posted by: truke | December 9, 2010 11:07 AM | Report abuse

fand f to mfowler1. thanks for a great post. Scott indeed is the epitome of Rocker.

Posted by: katem1 | December 9, 2010 11:13 AM | Report abuse

Actors and sports figures...why do they think anyone wants to hear their political views? We pay them to perform their jobs. Just shut up and sing/play already.

Posted by: silencedogoodreturns | December 9, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

Does "natural born" mean not born by C-section?

Posted by: bdj325 | December 9, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

Hey Luke, stick to playing baseball. When the Orioles finally learn to win, you can criticize anyone you like.
Hawaii became a state in 1959, Obama was born in 1961 in Hawaii. How much more proof does anyone need to prove Obama is a US citizen.

Posted by: memyselfI1 | December 9, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

Thank heavens I'm a Red Sox fan! Here's some news for the Birthers: Barack Obama did not have to be born in the United States or its territories to be a natural-born citizen. All he had to do was emerge from his U.S. citizen mother's birth canal.
Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.is also a U.S. citizen.
Do they want to run DNA tests too? I don't blame Obama for not wanting to legitimize the stupidity of the claim that he is not a citizen by whiping out his birth certificate.

And on a last note, none of us have our original birth certificates - all we can get is a copy from the relevant department of public records.

Posted by: e-o-j-r | December 9, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

Athletes and entertainers are only allowed to talk about politics when they support liberals.

Posted by: garrett4 | December 9, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

I love the birther argument -- " I can produce my birth certificate why can't Obama?" So your piece of paper is ironclad proof and his isn't? LOL.

Posted by: Natmeister | December 9, 2010 9:41 PM | Report abuse

Another example of a brainless athlete.

Posted by: interactingdc | December 10, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse